Swift Dzire VDi Versus Maruti SX4 CNG

Hi Amit,

I am planning to Buy SX4 CNG, but confused by people saying that it does not give good mileage and moreover CNG reduces engine's life and there would be no driver's pleasure in it. As you owe that car so i believe you could answer it better.

Please suggest

Regards,

Vishal
On CNG every car give way better mileage. About engine life only one car has completed 1.20L km on CNG is esteem and still got lot of life according to mechanic btw I own 5 cars which run on CNG. Except Safari
Kit used by maruti is very good way better then after market kit

Hi All,

I am also stuck with the same choice....can u all let me know the outcome which is a better buy today in terms of mileage?

as on date the onroad price which I am getting are as follows:

SX4 CNG : 7.62 lacs (after discount & exchange)
New 2012 Dzire VDI : 7.2 Lacs (with 4 months waiting)

today as I live in delhi the CNG price is 35.45/- while diesel is readily available for Rs. 41/42 approx. though I do not have problems of long ques as a mother pump of cng is only 1.5 kms away from my place.

pls suggest me a better buy for money as & also pls help if i am missing on something.

Regards,

Go for Sx4 cng if you dont have any problem with waiting in queue.
It has almost same running cost
Sx4 has much more space + good looks + resale value + features + Its a segment higher car

Yaar if you have cng close by go for it. I have one cng pump where there is too much rush hence going for disel

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I am also stuck with the same choice....can u all let me know the outcome which is a better buy today in terms of mileage?

as on date the onroad price which I am getting are as follows:

SX4 CNG : 7.62 lacs (after discount & exchange)
New 2012 Dzire VDI : 7.2 Lacs (with 4 months waiting)

today as I live in delhi the CNG price is 35.45/- while diesel is readily available for Rs. 41/42 approx. though I do not have problems of long ques as a mother pump of cng is only 1.5 kms away from my place.

pls suggest me a better buy for money as & also pls help if i am missing on something.

Regards,
Hi There

Iam adding to your confusion, but by providing some useful tips:

Calculate the followings and decide:
1.) Your daily running of the car
2. How many times you go out from delhi and where (kms)
3. How much is your budget for a car
4. How much emi and maintainence cost you can afford
5. availability of CNG and Diesel
6. Power and drivability of both the fuels.

See its simple, now back to my suggestion with following are the assumptions:

1.) 2000 kms
2. once in 3 months (preferably to hills)
3. Lets say 8L
4. emi+fuel+maintainence = 12K
5. CNG- long que, less storage space 36 rs p/l. Diesel- easily available @ 41 rs p/l
6. Diesel vehicle has more torque and can be driven easily.

Note: In Rs 36 you'll get only 17-18 KMP kilo whereas in Diesel in Rs 41 you'll get around 20 KMPL. So here your extra 5 Rs will be adjusted.

So if I were you, i would have looked for the followings vehicles inpriority order: All will be diesel powered:

1.) TATA MANZA (Amazing cabin space with 460 lts of boot space) VFM1
2.) Toyota Etios (very good vehicle but plain jane interiros) VFM 2
3.) Swift Dzire VDI (new version) (cramped interiors and next to nothing boot space)
4.) Nissan Sunny
5.) Ford Fiesta Classic (infact if mainatainence is not an issue this is the first car i would love to own)

members,

please put in your suggestions that which car is better to own.

money is not concern here.......only maruti is the brand in my mind and the contestors are maruti sx4 green CNG and swift dzire vdi

my heart is towards SX4 but mind towards dzire diesel.

what i have heard is that sx4 is giving only mileages of 7-8 km[frustration]

though the igpi version is CNG but the issue is that there is lots of crowd at cng filling station and u have to be in long ques to get cng filled.

dzire diesel is looking fine, but since there is a new swift coming in jan 2011, so i doubt that they will also revamp dzire.

actually there is a little more issue, i have parking problem. the width of dzire is 5 cm lesser than sx4....now is this make any difference practically?

so kindly help me over this. and also is there any other good option available in similar bracket.
If it's CNG vs Diesel then any day its diesel.

My vote goes for Swift Dzire VDi, with CNG cylinder in the boot which weigh around 70 Kg, you always feel someone is sitting in car boot, at large this affects the ride and handling of the car also on turns you will feel a body roll. Avoid it at any cost, though CNG is much cleaner fuel option but it is more like compulsion than choice for many. A car without cylinder in boot has different dynamics altogether, i feel this based on my experience with all fuel options.

Hi, Just want to add my point of view also as i am also in the same dilemma.
Since there is already a Cng Car (i.e. Wagon R Green) with my dad, and i am really impressed with the igpi technology. It works like a charm. You don't even notice whether ur Car is running on Petrol or CNG. And my WagonR has already Clocked 36000kms in 14 months. I love driving it. [:D]

Now i am also planning to change my City zx. I want to upgrade to Civic desperately. But its low FE is really a problem. So i thought why not buy a Preowned Civic at 6 lacs max and fit a Sequential injection kit in it. OR
My mind is saying go and buy a SX4 CNG. But after spending almost 2 years in my City i think that SX4 seats are little cramped.

For you my suggestion is go 4 SX4 CNG as it is anyday better than Swift Dzire.
And as "Mastersquall" said that Diesel sound + More maintainence + UGLY Dzire Shape(my point of view). its better for you to go 4 SX4 Green anyday..

Last edited:

Top Bottom