Swift Dzire or Indigo Manza

Folks!

Can we have this thread going ?

I'm myself looking for a solution to this confusion. I started by hunt for a hatchback ( almost fixed Ritz VDI, but the thin line between the segments got me into Sedans. Now confused between DZire VDI and Manza QJD Aura. My priorities are listed below:

• Your Budget: 6 - 7 lks

• Your Location: Pune . Office @ Hinjewadi - bumper 2 bumber traffic during office hours

• Top 5 Priorities: Comfort (specially rear seats as my mom has old age issues), RideLow Maintanance

• Monthly Running:1000 Kms (70% city, 30% Highways)

• For Which Purpose: Commuting to Office, Family Trips etc.

• Max. Seating Capacity: 5 (Myself with my Kids, Wife and Mom).

• Priority of Fuel Type: Diesel

• Body Type:Sedan (I personally wanted to buy Ritz so would keep it open :) )
Cause for Confusion:
1. Common questions faced - Why pay such an amount just for the Boot (incase of DZire)
2. Maruti - A.S.S ( you can blindly go for it) [ 1 call to Maruti = 5-8 calls + escalation/arguments with TATA]
3. DZire is proven and Manza is yet to show its real colours.
4. 5 - 6 months delay for DZire (specially when this is my first car)

Seek your expert advice....

AMG

Suspended
With the new swift around the corner, can the Dzire be far behind?

If you are in a hurry, buy the Manza, else WAIT

Folks!

Can we have this thread going ?

I'm myself looking for a solution to this confusion. I started by hunt for a hatchback ( almost fixed Ritz VDI, but the thin line between the segments got me into Sedans. Now confused between DZire VDI and Manza QJD Aura. My priorities are listed below:

• Your Budget: 6 - 7 lks

• Your Location: Pune . Office @ Hinjewadi - bumper 2 bumber traffic during office hours

• Top 5 Priorities: Comfort (specially rear seats as my mom has old age issues), RideLow Maintanance

• Monthly Running:1000 Kms (70% city, 30% Highways)

• For Which Purpose: Commuting to Office, Family Trips etc.

• Max. Seating Capacity: 5 (Myself with my Kids, Wife and Mom).

• Priority of Fuel Type: Diesel

• Body Type:Sedan (I personally wanted to buy Ritz so would keep it open :) )
Cause for Confusion:
1. Common questions faced - Why pay such an amount just for the Boot (incase of DZire)
2. Maruti - A.S.S ( you can blindly go for it) [ 1 call to Maruti = 5-8 calls + escalation/arguments with TATA]
3. DZire is proven and Manza is yet to show its real colours.
4. 5 - 6 months delay for DZire (specially when this is my first car)

Seek your expert advice....
First decide; do you actually need the boot!

Secondly I owning a DZire VDi; would straight away suggest you to buy a Maruti Suzuki DDiS vehicle and will also give a [thumbsup] for your DZire VDi's consideration!

If you think that the boot is not going to be used; then rethink because you will be making family trips too; in which boot will be needed and can be utilized.

Nways if considered the other way round then your Ritz DDiS options is good along with Swift DDiS.

If you really want a hatchback and you are concerned about the rear seating comfort; then I think you should wait for the new swift; which will have slightly longer wheelbase and good rear legroom than the current swift in the market.

Hi gears1313,

I did think about this. my concern was that if Dzire is currently taking 5-6 months and lets assume the new models will be launched by Dec. then i will end up waiting for an entire year and not sure about the pricing as well. But yes, definitely worth considering.

350Z

Core Team
Hi gears1313,

I did think about this. my concern was that if Dzire is currently taking 5-6 months and lets assume the new models will be launched by Dec. then i will end up waiting for an entire year and not sure about the pricing as well. But yes, definitely worth considering.
MyCar, Maruti DZire with chopped boot is around the corner. It's worth the wait if you are not in a hurry. This car will meet your both requirements, i.e. Boot Space and Affordable Price. Since the car’s length will be less than four meters, you can be assured that price will not be higher than current model. Please visit this link for more: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...zire-sub-4-meters-length.html?highlight=dzire

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi 350Z!

I did check with a dealer in Pune. They say it would take another year and a half as the production is getting delayed because of the ongoing strike and there is already a huge backlog of DZire.. Not sure if i can count on it.

I did the test drive for DZire ZXI today with my family since there was no diesel version available today. But will need to try the diesel one before closing. I cant do a TD on petrol and but a diesel :)

He also put forward an option of SX4 with CNG 8.5 onroad. He says if in case the DZire price goes up before my delivery then it will me more of less same as the SX4 CNG option. As of now, im not giving it a thought as this would mean stretching my budget. i started with 5-6 and now im@ 7-8 bracket. :)

But do let me know if it is work considering.

350Z

Core Team
Hi 350Z! I did check with a dealer in Pune. They say it would take another year and a half as the production is getting delayed because of the ongoing strike and there is already a huge backlog of DZire.. Not sure if i can count on it.

I did the test drive for DZire ZXI today with my family since there was no diesel version available today. But will need to try the diesel one before closing. I cant do a TD on petrol and but a diesel :)
New Maruti Dzire is certainly worth considering. Otherwise, if you are inclined on the existing model then do test drive the diesel variant and also be prepared to accept the fact that your new car would immediately become dated in the market as soon as the new Dzire launches, but only if this concerns you anyway.

He also put forward an option of SX4 with CNG 8.5 onroad. He says if in case the DZire price goes up before my delivery then it will me more of less same as the SX4 CNG option. As of now, im not giving it a thought as this would mean stretching my budget. i started with 5-6 and now im@ 7-8 bracket. :)
Maruti SX4 Petrol is infamous for its gas guzzling habits but CNG will ease off the issue. If ever the cost of Dzire shoots up after the booking, you’ll be still supposed to pay the price which was officially during the time of booking. This is what happens in most of the cases.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Finally I booked DZire VDI (Azure Grey). Expected waiting is 4 months... Lets see how it goes....!
That was fast. Congratulations and thanks for the update! The wait for D-Day now begins. Also, one of our members informed that bookings for existing DZire will be converted into New Dzire in-case it launches in the meanwhile of waiting period.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Considering your requirements I would say go for the Manza. Its much more VFM than the swift. The features, space and comfort it offers at that price is good. Also the ride quality is much better than the Dzire.

AMG

Suspended
Considering your requirements I would say go for the Manza. Its much more VFM than the swift. The features, space and comfort it offers at that price is good. Also the ride quality is much better than the Dzire.

Please read the thread carefully.

Car booked.

Top Bottom