Swift Dzire Facelift?

Thread Starter #1
Since the face lifted swift is coming to india in early 2011, is there any possibility that dzire would also be facelifted along with swift hatch?

Rumour of new Swift Dzire coming months after the launch of new swift are there. But no official confirmation has been done as yet.

Face lifted Dzire, really sounds interesting. I really want MSIL to change the front face of Dzire and not just attach a humongous boot at the rear of the new face lifted Swift. The next desired change is a strong build quality with thick sheet metal body, 90 to 100 Bhp multijet diesel and petrol, a few more features like USB input, Phone blue-tooth connectivity, fresh new Dashboard, premium interiors etc are broadly welcome.[thumbsup]

350Z

Core Team
Since the face lifted swift is coming to india in early 2011, is there any possibility that dzire would also be facelifted along with swift hatch?
A good question, but quite obviously Maruti Suzuki will have to upgrade the existing Dzire once New Swift comes in. Hopefully, this won’t be just a facelift but a step ahead than that, with introduction of better features, especially, when this car is facing a strong, real strong heat from Manza.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Face lifted Dzire, really sounds interesting. I really want MSIL to change the front face of Dzire and not just attach a humongous boot at the rear of the new face lifted Swift. The next desired change is a strong build quality with thick sheet metal body, 90 to 100 Bhp multijet diesel and petrol, a few more features like USB input, Phone blue-tooth connectivity, fresh new Dashboard, premium interiors etc are broadly welcome.[thumbsup]
Wishful thinking [evil]

A good question, but quite obviously Maruti Suzuki will have to upgrade the existing Dzire once New Swift comes in. Hopefully, this won’t be just a facelift but a step ahead than that, with introduction of better features, especially, when this car is facing a strong, real strong heat from Manza.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z, tell me about it, the interiors require a major revamp, I really don't mind the exterior looks and cosmetics. What matters is how the car feels inside, 'cheap' is writ all over the face. The plastics feel so hollow and fragile!! That's the only grouse for me, otherwise I am satisfied with my car.

no offence to owners but dzire looks ugly [pig] make over with new swift will be great upgrade and they also need to add some features which not even comes in current dzire..i'll pick manza over anyday..

@ Sachin: Indeed, If Maruti does upgarde the Dzire then, these are the minimum requisites to be updated in the car. Another important thing I would like to put to Maruti's attention is that , consumers are now looking for Quality rather than reputation of the Brand. Look at the linea, vento or i20, feels like they are build to last and even the Manza, Tata is doing phenomenal improvements in their recent models and the quality has definitely leaped up.:please:

It will be better if a new Dzire comes with all these , else it may lose out to Manza easily! A new Dzire must have a well attached boot just like Vento!

yeah CD, VW set an perfect example as to how a boot needs to be attached to a hatch, which also looks pretty good and feels a sedan.Tata improved a lot offering manza which made maruti really feel the heat offered by its rival, they need to improve quality, mainly interiors and a bit of bootdesign.

yeah CD, VW set an perfect example as to how a boot needs to be attached to a hatch, which also looks pretty good and feels a sedan.Tata improved a lot offering manza which made maruti really feel the heat offered by its rival, they need to improve quality, mainly interiors and a bit of bootdesign.
@Vijay: I think the boot is not the problem, but its the A pillar of the car, which suits the hatch version of the swift. The A Pillar for Dzire has to be curvy and Maruti should also increase the overall length of the car by around 70 to 80 mm, so it makes a perfect sedan design. And Maruti has to consider the above mentioned changes which I have laid out and I am sure there will be no car to chase this new Dzire in its Segment [clap]

Top Bottom