Suzuki's New Compact Concept SUV is Vitara Brezza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Suzuki's New Compact Concept SUV is XA-Alpha

Today I was at the Maruti service station and casually asked the people there about new SX4, then the people asked me "wait till December Alpha XA" will be out. [surprise]
I don't think that miracle will happen that soon, but as per the people there there was a internal meeting and there was a mention of Alpha XA and the month December. Anyone has any news on the XA Alpha? or is it a bridge too far?

Today I was at the Maruti service station and casually asked the people there about new SX4, then the people asked me "wait till December Alpha XA" will be out. [surprise]
I don't think that miracle will happen that soon, but as per the people there there was a internal meeting and there was a mention of Alpha XA and the month December. Anyone has any news on the XA Alpha? or is it a bridge too far?
Be careful Maruti releases the car models soon and the news spreads like a wildfire. Unlike what Ford did to its ecosport and Tata to its Storme.

Rushlane article says that XA-Alpha launch is delayed to 2015 or 2016.

First showcased as a concept at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo, Maruti Suzuki India was expected to show the production version of the same at the 2014 Delhi Auto Expo. But, the project has met some speedbumps and is not expected to be ready in time. The launch of XA Alpha compact SUV is now pushed further to 2015 or early 2016.

That's a bummer.So for the next one and half years no competition for Ecosport.Now I need to swallow the bitter pill and continue with Ecosport booking.Sigh.

Maruti might be losing the plot here. Looks like even the S-cross might not be here till 2015. They should planned to get the S-cross at least in 2014. The going might get tough for them if hyundai and honda launch their versions of compact SUVs before them.

This article in Financial Express quotes a Suzuki official by name saying that the compact SUV launch in 2014 is not possible:

Kenichi Ayukawa, Maruti's MD & CEO also confirmed this earlier this week. “It will be quite difficult to launch the compact SUV in 2014, I don't think that will be possible,” he said when asked if the company plans to launch any SUVs next year.

Maruti XA Alpha to hit Indian roads in end 2015?

Tthe company is also planning to launch 6 more models in the next 2 years. The car may follow Maruti's first ever crossover- S-Cross which may be launched this year end.

Reports also suggest that Suzuki is developing 3 variants of engines for the car- 0.8 litre, 1.2 litre and 1.4 litre. But auto experts are suggesting that the car must come with a fuel efficient diesel engine to make its mark in the Indian car market. Recent reports also suggest that the vehicle may come with a 1.5 litre turbo-diesel engine
Maruti XA Alpha to hit Indian roads in 2015?

Maruti has started working on the XA Alpha based compact SUV. The compact SUV is reportedly to go on sale in the market by the end of 2015.
The product is expected to get more modern exterior styling; however, interior components will see a sharing with other Maruti’s to keep cost down. This sub-4 metre SUV will use the Swift’s 1.2-litre K12 petrol and the all-new 1.5-litre diesel engine from Fiat.

Maruti Suzuki SX4 S-Cross and XA Alpha SUV coming next year | IndiaCarNews

Latest pic of the Crossover. Looks great!
B5IUW-jCAAE74PP.jpg
Source:GW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom