Suzuki's New Compact Concept SUV is Vitara Brezza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the maruti Suzuki XA-Alpha ?

Suzuki has just teased the Suzuki iv.4 Compact SUV Concept which will be officially unveiled at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...=/watch?v=zCzeAMGfhJ0&feature=player_embedded

[Head to YouTube if you're unable to view the video above.]

In their press release sent to us, the Japanese company says that the iv.4 will be previewing a compact SUV from the brand which would be launched later on. The iv.4 is also expected to preview the design of the future SUV.

The concept gets a ‘clam shell’ shaped hood while the grille has been divided into five segments. Suzuki says that the overall design conveys a sense of ‘modernity and innovativeness’.

Other details will be revealed only on September 10, i.e the first press day of the Frankfurt Motor Show.

We aren’t sure if this is a near-production XA-Alpha, for the i.v4 seems to be a larger car and would ideally match the Nissan Juke spec for spec, in Europe especially. The ideal rivals would be the Skoda Yeti and the Nissan Juke as a result.

Suzuki has also announced that it would display models such as the Alto (A-Star), Splash (Ritz), Swift, Swift Sport, SX4, New SX4, Jimny, Grand Vitara and Kizashi at the show.
Suzuki iv.4 Compact SUV Concept teased Frankfurt Motor Show

Attachments

Re: Suzuki's New Compact Concept SUV is XA-Alpha

Nice find Raja sir.

If this is indeed the XA-Alpha, then this could prove to be another game changer for Maruti.The proportions seem large and the appeal is rather modern.

Seems something to take over fords ecosport as far as the looks are concerned.Lets see what they are finally into making.
Nice find Raja, thanks for sharing.

Nice find Raja sir.

If this is indeed the XA-Alpha, then this could prove to be another game changer for Maruti.The proportions seem large and the appeal is rather modern.
If it can be a game changer I can't say , I can only say don't call me " sir " please .[cry].

rest +100
let's hope Maruthi Suzuki doesn't screw up fabricating this little monster.
yes I hope the same too .
Seems something to take over fords ecosport as far as the looks are concerned.Lets see what they are finally into making.
Nice find Raja, thanks for sharing.
Yes will be very interesting to see what they bring .

Last edited:

zengetz

Suspended

Here's another silhouette of the IV-4. Love the rear profile and looks a lot like a baby range rover from the sides.

suzuki_iv_4_teaser_02-0731.jpg

Last edited:

Why do i get a feeling that again this is design taken from Range Rover Evoque? Am I becoming paranoid?

I guess all the manufactures are plain jealous of TML acquiring the range rover, and bring in the design aspects in their cheaper car. Where do Tata go from here? Maruti seems to be hell bent on copying the Range rover designs. First the stingray and now this one.

Last edited:

Suzuki has just teased the Suzuki iv.4 Compact SUV Concept which will be officially unveiled at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show.
Nice find Raja, The styling has real Japanese flavor and those lights in the roof makes the SUV real good.

Why do i get a feeling that again this is design taken from Range Rover Evoque? Am I becoming paranoid?

I guess all the manufactures are plain jealous of TML acquiring the range rover, and bring in the design aspects in their cheaper car. Where do Tata go from here? Maruti seems to be hell bent on copying the Range rover designs. First the stingray and now this one.
Was the Range rover Evoque designed by Tata after they acquired it?

Love the GC.Looks butch, that grill looks like it was Jeep inspired.

But then Maruti will give it wafer thin body panels, can't believe the body of the 15 year old 800 is better than the new Ertiga.Shamefull.

Rumour: Suzuki to launch XA Alpha in Sep'13

From motorbean:
You read it first on MotorBeam. Sources close to us have informed us about the launch of the XA Alpha compact SUV in the Indian market. Maruti Suzuki showcased the XA Alpha at the 2012 Auto Expo and many expected the vehicle to hit roads as early as first quarter 2013. However the launch hasn’t taken place and there are no signs of the launch happening anytime soon. However we can confirm that the vehicle is ready to hit the production line with ARAI formalities commencing soon. Don’t get too excited as you won’t see spy shots of the production XA Alpha.

Maruti Suzuki doesn’t test its vehicles on the roads and ARAI officials come to the company’s Gurgaon plant for the certification. The XA Alpha was rumoured to be launched at the 2014 Auto Expo but the company is facing the heat from the recently launched Ford EcoSport, which is eating into Swift and DZire sales. The XA Alpha will not be called XA Alpha, as that was the name for the concept. The vehicle will not look as striking as the concept version either. The launch is expected to take place in September, while deliveries will commence by end of October.

Maruti Suzuki’s first compact SUV in India will use the Swift’s underpinnings. It is likely to be more than 4-metres in length and will be positioned alongside the Ertiga MPV. Powering the XA Alpha will be a 1.4-litre petrol engine and a 1.3-litre diesel engine, both offered with a 5-speed manual gearbox. The interiors will be similar to the Ertiga but with more features like a climate control system.

Read more at http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/maruti...XUqU6dZmqzb.99

Nice find Raja, The styling has real Japanese flavor and those lights in the roof makes the SUV real good.

Was the Range rover Evoque designed by Tata after they acquired it?
Every range rover or land rover or jaguar is desgined by designers of JLR . The money for devlopment comes from tata motors as they own JLR . Profit / loss of JLR is tata motors responsibility .

The turn around of loss making JLR was turned into a solid profit making entity by tata motors .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom