Suzuki Launches Hayate

Thread Starter #1
Suzuki has launched the Hayate, a 112.8cc motorcycle that looks all too similar to their existing Slingshot model, with it's new name meaning Swift wind in Japanese, while sporting a fresh set of graphics. The Hayate comes with an 8 litre fuel tank.

The button started Hayate is powered by a four-stroke, 112.8cc, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine that uses a four-speed, all-down shifted gearbox. 17inch alloy rims are offered front and rear with the new 112kg (kerb weight) Suzuki bike. It uses a single downtube frame and conventional telescopic forks for front suspension. While at the rear, Suzuki has deployed 5-way adjustable, hydraulic shock absorbers allied to an archaic tubular swingarm, a component that has long since been replaced by the superior rectangle section swingarm on modern day Indian motorcycles.

The Hayate is set to target the high volumes commuter bike market in India, priced at an affordable Rs 40,162-42,162 (ex-showroom, Pune), and will be sold in shades of white, green, grey, red and black.

This will also be the first product to have salman as it's promoter,by roping in salman khan they are trying to target the hinterland of our countries.

Honda's commuter is just day's away from launch,Bajaj already launched a cut price version of it's Discover with 4gear's,Hero is the king of this segment. next few month's is really going to be very interesting for the commuter segment.

Let the War begin.

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Why do all these commuter biles look the same?

Why cant they design something different, trendy and stylish?
Even i do not understand this part,from ages all our manufacturer's are just following the same conservative design's for their commuter line up,there are lot of youngster's who end up buying these commuter series as their first bike(nobody seems to tap this customer base),without much options they end up buying these boring bike's.

Initially all commuter bike sell well after launch.But not for a long time.Same design,same engine,same claimed kmpl but every time with a different name.Hero Honda has taught the success mantra to every manufacturer and they are religiously following it.

Suzuki (alongwith Mahindra Two Wheelers) seems to me the most confused two-wheeler company in India. They have gotten their product /marketing mix entirely wrong. When was the last time one saw any GS150R or Slingshot on the road? I don't think things would be much different with the Hayate. Suzuki, time to wake up.

Last edited:
Why do all these commuter biles look the same?

Why cant they design something different, trendy and stylish?
Because to make it really affordable to people , cuz not everyone wants a stylish bike [;)]

If you really want style i'd ask you to work hard and save some for the Yamaha R1, Suzuki GSXR , honda cbr or whatever fancy you [:D]

I also personally feel that these commuter bikes looks similar as the others. also there specifications are same. But no doubt very grasp sales very well after there launch.

^^^ Not really. There are some commuter bikes which are really stylish. For example, Bajaj Pulsar 135LS and even Honda Stunner, Twister, etc.
may be am not sure but most of those ones looks similar

full fairing ones are now launched in india but they really are overpriced i feel

Thread Starter #11
After announcing its association with Salman Khan, Suzuki Motor India has announced its ‘Ek tha Tiger, Ek hai Hayate’ promotion campaign for their 110cc commuter motorcycle, the Suzuki Hayate. The 360-degree campaign will include television, radio and print. Six winners will be selected to meet Salman Khan in Mumbai and one of them will get a Hayate for free. According to the bike maker, the movie is expected to break box office records and is this year’s most anticipated action packed film.

“The campaign is an outcome of the huge response to the brand’s association with Salman Khan. He offers his fans the opportunity to associate with style and flair. The contest provides Suzuki two-wheelers with an opportunity to offer its customers many more reasons to celebrate,” said Anu Anamika, National Head – Marketing, Suzuki Motor India. The TVC will be aired during Indian Idol’s sixth season on Sony.

Suzuki showed a healthy 21.59 per cent growth in May 2012 by selling 36,746 units compared to 30,222 units in May 2011.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Hayate has received a mild upgrade. Following are the additions:

> New Body Graphics

> Wider Alloy Wheels

> Maintenance Free Battery

Suzuki also claims that it has retuned its 110CC engine to make it more fuel efficient. Hayate is priced at Rs.44,969 (Ex.showroom, Delhi).

Suzuki-Hayate-110-Refresh-2.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hayate has got a strong engine with 115cc and its multiplicity makes it a unique bike in itself so just go and enjoy a safe drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen a single Hayate in Mumbai or in Pune but I do see GS150R and Access scooter. The reason these bikes don't sell is because people have a impression that Suzuki won't be reliable but Hero, HMSI or TVS would be reliable. Suzuki should launch a simple product with high durability because I heard from an Access owner that the body is rattling after 6 months of use of roads with some potholes.

Top Bottom