Suzuki Gixxer SF Goes on Sale in India

Thread Starter #1
Suzuki Gixxer based fully faired bike caught testing at Delhi. Gixxer being competing mostly against Yamaha FZ series bikes, this bike will be competing against the Fazer series. Front end shares the scheme of Hayabusa and apart from that few visible changes were the rear grab rail & RVMs

PS: Yellow plates?[glasses]
Suzuki-Gixxer-fully-faired-spied-in-India.jpg
Source

Last edited:
Re: Suzuki Gixxer Based Fully Faired Motorcycle Caught Testing

Thanks for the catch Mr.Boss.I am thinking that Suzuki must fix the quality issues with the new GiXXeR and we need an Anolouge Tacho and Digi Speedo ! [;)]

Suzuki Motorcycles will be launching the Gixxer SF, its new fully faired version of Gixxer on the 7th of April. Suzuki will be selling this bike in three colours, white, blue and black. The blue colour even gets the Suzuki stickers on, and the headlamps seem to be inspired from the Hayabusa.

Suzuki to launch Gixxer SF on 7th April - MotorOctane

Too much of fairings and plastic parts ! Suzuki should have made it sleek and slim. Its just my personal openiun. I think the body is over sized, considering its 150cc power plant.

Apart from the fuel tank, everything else is plastic on the bike.

Soon, we would see a carbon fibre tank [confused] ?

The exhaust isnt to my liking (personal view).

We are heading to an era, where the bikes would be light like paper. One crash, and you could pick up, collect it in a container, take home and showcase it. [frustration]

On a serious note, the current generation of sports bike from every other brand in our country, which are being used as daily commuting bikes, i wonder how on earth the authorities are letting manufacturers launch such life threatening, back breaking, plastic-y stuffs run on our roads.

Apart from the fuel tank, everything else is plastic on the bike.

Soon, we would see a carbon fibre tank [confused] ?

The exhaust isnt to my liking (personal view).

We are heading to an era, where the bikes would be light like paper. One crash, and you could pick up, collect it in a container, take home and showcase it. [frustration]

On a serious note, the current generation of sports bike from every other brand in our country, which are being used as daily commuting bikes, i wonder how on earth the authorities are letting manufacturers launch such life threatening, back breaking, plastic-y stuffs run on our roads.
The tank is hidden inside. The tank that you see is also plastic. Modern bikes wont go paper light because the tyre size is increasing day by day.

Tariq, dont go by the literal weight.

What i meant was gone are those days of all metal parts, and minor dent / repair following a crash / an accident. Efficient engines are being produced at the cost of giving fibre parts.

It would have been nice that metal parts were retained and efficient engines were produced.

Thread Starter #8

It would have been nice that metal parts were retained and efficient engines were produced.
That's true dear, but OEs switched from metal shells for various reasons,
- Efficient engine will turn inefficient due to added mass
- Cost
- Maintaining NVH is challenging task (too many bits and pieces of plastics will also spoil the NVH if they weren't integrated well)
- Deep scratches on plastic part will end up with paint peel-off but the same case on a metal body will end with corrosion.
- Complicated contours / profiles were made easy with plastic
and so many

I agree with first two points, and that is exactly what i meant. The companies are making efficient engines at the cost of replacing strong rigid parts with plastics, which save them revenue while manufacturing a complete bike, as well as add revenue after sales, as plastic parts are 90% of the times replaced, than fixed, unlike metal parts.

How i wish, they could generate efficient engines, retaining metal parts.

The rest of the points, common buddy, there are 4 wheels plying on our roads.

Thread Starter #10

there are 4 wheels plying on our roads.
4 wheelers do depend on plastics for interiors (where a complex profile is required) I don't remember a 4 wheeler with metal interiors except for commercial vehicles and old school jeeps. Even on the exterior plastics were used with some reason. Not to forget, usage of metal shell (or the exterior parts) on a 4 wheeler is to save cost. Alternate light weight material with same strength are bit costlier (current situation) and hence they are still employed. IMO even that will get changed soon.

Sorry for being OT and I don't wish to drag / deviate any further. Let's continue regarding the thread subject.

Suzuki Gixxer SF brochure leaked, to come in 3 colors

Carries over its engine from the regular Gixxer without any changes.
Ahead of its launch scheduled for April 7, the brochure of the Suzuki Gixxer SF has leaked revealing some specifications and color options of the faired motorcycle. Dealers have started accepting bookings for a token amount of INR 5,000.

The Gixxer SF will be available in three colors at the time of launch.
The Gixxer SF will continue to be powered by the 154.9 cc single-cylinder engine producing 14.8 PS at 8,000 rpm and 14 Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm. Suzuki’s engineers seem to have made no changes to the powertrain. The gearbox is a 5-speed unit.
Braking comes from a single disc at the front and a drum brake at the rear.
Even the suspension – a telescopic fork up front and a monoshock at the rear – is carried over from the Gixxer. Whether or not Suzuki has fine tuned this setup for the added weight of the fairing (the regular Gixxer weighs 135 kg) remains to be seen.
Dealers have started accepting bookings for the Gixxer SF for INR 5,000.
Suzuki lists features such as LED taillight, the adjustable rear suspension, the muffler cover, clear lens indicators, the digital instrument cluster and the ‘aerodynamic’ fairing for the Gixxer SF. Upon launch, the Gixxer SF will be available in three colors including White, Black and Blue.
Source : http://indianautosblog.com/2015/04/suzuki-gixxer-sf-brochure-leaked-175444

Suzuki Gixxer SF launched at Rs 83,439 ( ex showroom Delhi)

Suzuki has just launched a fully faired version of its successful street bike Gixxer.
Essentially, this motorcycle is a fully faired version of the earlier launched, naked Suzuki Gixxer and retains the same features, engine, chassis and suspension.

The new Gixxer SF has fairing-mounted rear view mirrors and turn indicators. The bike's headlight – the same as the one on the naked version – with the fairing resembles Suzuki's flagship sports bike – the Hayabusa.

The Gixxer SF also has a different exhaust muffler cover, with sharper lines that look distinct. The Gixxer SF is powered by a 155cc, four-stroke, single-cylinder, air-cooled and carbureted motor. Maximum power of 14.6bhp is produced at 8,000rpm and 1.43kgm of torque is produced at 6,000rpm.

The Gixxer SF uses thick telescopic forks up front and an adjustable monoshock at the rear. Braking duties are managed by a 230mm disc up front and a drum brake at the rear.

Suzuki Gixxer SF launched at Rs 83,439 | Bike News | Bikes 135cc-165cc | Autocar India

Wish it had a bump in power and torque by 2 hp and 2 nm.
It would have beaten a R15 flat with that bump.
But that fairing really gels with it and adds a racing characteristic to the Gixxer.

Top Bottom