Suzuki Burgman Premium Scooter Now Launched

bhvm

Honoured Member
re: Burgman: Premium Scooter From Suzuki Now Launched!

Although it looks fancy, It has a weak heart.

125 CC is not going to cut it for 1 lac+ Price tags. They should've given us 150 or even a 180CC engine with good 15~20 BHP. I fail to understand 125cc as even regular scooters are the same.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

Suzuki has today launched the Burgman Street 125 in Delhi. The premium scooter from the brand is priced at Rs. 68,000 Ex-Showroom. Here is the Official Coverage of the launch event by The Automotive India.

IMG_4276.JPG

IMG_4279.JPG

IMG_4281.JPG

IMG_4282.JPG

IMG_4283.JPG

IMG_4284.JPG

IMG_4285.JPG

IMG_4326.JPG

IMG_4288.JPG

Looks much better than normal scooters in India. I wish the power, torque figures were a bit more. Also wish the front windshield was bigger and higher. But apart from that its gorgeous.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Look solid, but it seems the fuel tank is under the seat and no external fuel filling feature on this one (like Hero, TVS scooters).[surprise]

The front tyre is 90mm wide which is good but rear is also only 90mm. Should have been atleast 100. Also rear tyre is only 10"! Isn't it too small compared to 12" in others. Suzuki shouldn't have under tyred this one. That makes Ntorq 125 a better buy in this proposition.

Cousin bought the Burgman a week ago replacing his 5 years old Avenger 220 as his wife told him to buy a scooter replacing his Avenger so that she can ride and can ferry their kid on the scooter and for bringing groceries and easy to ride in traffic and he has Antique bikes like Yezdi and 1964 Bullet and old Activa along with Pleasure.He bought it in matte grey colour and costed him Rs.87k.Yet to ride his Burgman(he bought it to my house on purchase day to show it to me but I was not there at home)and willing to borrow his Burgman for a day to check out the characteristics of it in traffic.

And,my S-I-L is willing to buy another scooter for herself in Hyderabad as she is not willing to bring her 6 month old Activa 125 to Hyderabad as this is used by her sister's family.I suggested to look at Burgman and NTorq as she already bought Activa and rode many times.Hope one single ride will change her mind.

I'll review once I ride the Burgman.

Cousin bought the Burgman a week ago replacing his 5 years old Avenger 220 as his wife told him to buy a scooter replacing his Avenger so that she can ride and can ferry their kid on the scooter and for bringing groceries and easy to ride in traffic and he has Antique bikes like Yezdi and 1964 Bullet and old Activa along with Pleasure.He bought it in matte grey colour and costed him Rs.87k.Yet to ride his Burgman(he bought it to my house on purchase day to show it to me but I was not there at home)and willing to borrow his Burgman for a day to check out the characteristics of it in traffic.

And,my S-I-L is willing to buy another scooter for herself in Hyderabad as she is not willing to bring her 6 month old Activa 125 to Hyderabad as this is used by her sister's family.I suggested to look at Burgman and NTorq as she already bought Activa and rode many times.Hope one single ride will change her mind.

I'll review once I ride the Burgman.

Today,I had rode my cousin's Burgman,which was bought on Jan 24th 2019 in Matte Grey colour and rode 5 to 6 Kms on it and compared it with my SR.

Burgman +ves over SR150:

1.Comfort-This is where my SR150 lacks and seat size is huge than my SR150
2.Storage-Another drawback of my SR and you can put your mobile in the pocket provided by the manufacturer and can put your phone for charging in DC socket in glovebox
3.You can happily stretch your legs like if you are sitting on a cruiser bike like Harley or Thunderbird
4.Suspension is softer than my SR150 and it glides on bad roads easily despite having smaller rear wheels compared to my SR150
5.Features like digital speedometer and LED headlight which came as stock compared to my SR150.which I got the bulbs fitted outside and digital speedometer is now available in newer versions of SR150
6.Mileage-I expect much better FE on Burgman compared to SR due to engine displacement.

SR150 +ves over Burgman:

1.Performance-This is where my SR150 shines.Though Burgman is also powerful,but its not powerful as my SR and Burgman's engine is also same as our Access
2.Brakes-Another best of my SR.Though Burgman has good braking power,but it is nowhere close to my SR150 in terms of braking and BTW,you get ABS in SR150 while Burgman has combi brakes
3.Looks-My SR150 is really a headturner and gets attracted by public even after 6+ months of its purchase
4.Bigger tyres-SR150 has 14 inch wheels while Burgman has 12 inch on front and 10 inch on back

As an SR150 owner since 6.5 months,I feel Burgman excels SR150 in terms of comfort,practicality and mileage while SR150 excels Burgman in terms of performance,brakes and looks.Burgman is for the people who is looking for comfort,reliability and practicality while SR150 is for the people who wants boy racer and bike-ish looks,performance.For me,my SR150 is the winner due to performance,brakes and looks.The drawbacks of my SR150 are hard suspension,uncomfortable seating position and low FE(this is not much important for me as it is more of race track and sports scooter rather than practical scooter) and the drawbacks of Burgman are okayish brakes and performance(though decent but nowhere close to SR150).He bought it for Rs.87k while I bought my SR150 for Rs.84k 6.5 months ago.And,the Burgman,which I rode today,has run 250 Kms.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Suzuki Burgman Street 125 With New Matte Black Colour Spied; Launch Soon

image (4).png

The spy shots have been taken at a dealership and they suggest that the launch could be on the cards soon. It comes on the back of TVS introducing a new matte silver colour on the Ntorq 125 recently. No mechanical changes will likely accompany the new matte black colour as it will continue with a 124.3 cc single-cylinder air-cooled four-stroke SOHC engine used in the Suzuki Access 125.

Suzuki-Burgman-Street-Matte-Black-Colour-1-696x928.jpg

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Suzuki Burgman Street Matte Black Colour Edition Launched in India at Rs 69,208

Suzuki-Burgman-Street_Matte-Black-Colour.jpg

Suzuki Motorcycle India has launched the Matte Black colour edition of its 125cc premium-scooter, Burgman Street Rs 69,208 (ex-showroom Delhi). Burgman Street - ‘The Special One’ comes with a 124cc, 4-stroke single cylinder engine producing 8.5hp and 10.2Nm powered by the company's SEP technology for better fuel efficiency. Suzuki Burgman Street id equipped with telescopic suspension along with flexible foot position.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
BS-VI Suzuki Burgman Street may reach dealerships in February - Report

suzuki-burgman-street-matte-black-studio-shots-rig-eb25.jpg

While Suzuki Motorcycle India has confirmed that the BS-VI Access 125 will be launched in this month (January 2020), it is yet to reveal any details about the BS-VI Burgman Street. A new report from Overdrive claims that the updated scooter is likely to arrive at the dealerships in February 2020

Like the BS-VI Access 125, the BS-VI Burgman Street should benefit from features such as Eco Assist illumination and a voltage meter to indicate battery conditions. Convenience feature upgrades should include an external fuel filler cap to the package – a feature that Suzuki Motorcycle India has already announced for the BS-VI Access 125.

Read:

Top Bottom