Suzuki Burgman Premium Scooter Now Launched

Thread Starter #1
125cc Suzuki Burgman scooter imported to India

suzuki-burgman-125-india-1-660x330.jpg

Seems like Suzuki wants to join the premium scooters party in the Indian marketplace.

A unit of the Burgman scooter has been imported to India, which could be revealed at the 2016 Indian Auto Expo.

Details: 1 UNIT OF SUZUKI SCOOTER IN CBU CONDITION MODEL:

UH125(BURGMAN) PGZ ENGINE NO.F503-800025,
FRAME NO.MLCC8111300800025

Imported as UH125, this will be the entry-level super scooter for Suzuki.

Powering the Burgman is a 125cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, 4-stroke petrol motor producing 11.8 BHP of power and 11 Nm of torque matched to a automatic gearbox.

The 125cc Burgman weighs 139 kg

The scooter has been imported as a CBU from Thailand as of now.

It is a rather good looking scooter with a large front windscreen, alloy wheels, front & rear disc brakes, front & rear alloy wheels, XL sized contoured seats, full size exhaust pipe, split tail lamps, twin-pot instrument cluster, storage compartment under the handlebar, etc.

suzuki-burgman-125-india-5.jpg

suzuki-burgman-125-india-3.jpg

suzuki-burgman-125-india-4.jpg

suzuki-burgman-125-india-2.jpg

Source

Re: Premium Scooter from Suzuki on cards???

What a SCOOTER my god!!!! id like to ride it any given day. if this comes to india with the same specs will sell like hot cake for sure. its definitely a Looker. Killer looks.

Except for the Bhp figures everything is perfect about this scooter If they ever bring it here let it be produced here so that it dosent see the same fate of Inazuma cause it was a CKD.

Whoa! Looks like a beast in the pictures. Nothing less than 10X meaner and aggressive than the scooters in the market currently. It is unlikely that India would get the oil cooled engine. A 125cc air cooled engine won't inspire confidence in the buyers though, a 150cc would have been better. If launched with slightly lower specs, I expect the pricing to be around 80-90k and one won't mind putting in extra cash and buying the R15. After all, it defeats the major motive of scooter : How many women would ride this? :stupid:

But I fail to understand why anyone would pick this over motorcycles? It has storage capacity on its side, but would lose in handling, comfort and mileage.

Regards,
Nikunj

Whoa! Looks like a beast in the pictures. Nothing less than 10X meaner and aggressive than the scooters in the market currently. It is unlikely that India would get the oil cooled engine. A 125cc air cooled engine won't inspire confidence in the buyers though, a 150cc would have been better. If launched with slightly lower specs, I expect the pricing to be around 80-90k and one won't mind putting in extra cash and buying the R15. After all, it defeats the major motive of scooter : How many women would ride this? :stupid:

But I fail to understand why anyone would pick this over motorcycles? It has storage capacity on its side, but would lose in handling, comfort and mileage.

Regards,
Nikunj
Scooter has many more advantage and in young family, a scooter is more preferable than bike because of it's utility. TVS has replaced Bajaj because of they have some really good products in scooter categories. Bajaj only focused on bike and now they are at number 4 once being at number 2. Honda is catching up Hero because of it's scooters not bikes.

Coming to this topic, this is really good looking urban product and if priced well people will opt for it.It can be a kind of life style vehicle like Vespa etc.

Scooter has many more advantage and in young family, a scooter is more preferable than bike because of it's utility. TVS has replaced Bajaj because of they have some really good products in scooter categories. Bajaj only focused on bike and now they are at number 4 once being at number 2. Honda is catching up Hero because of it's scooters not bikes.

Coming to this topic, this is really good looking urban product and if priced well people will opt for it.It can be a kind of life style vehicle like Vespa etc.
Perfect explanation I personally don't llike scooters much but this one is awesome man Would pay even 1 lakh if the specs are the same or gets A 150 cc
liquid cooled engine .[:D] (( OK living in a dream )

Scooter has many more advantage and in young family, a scooter is more preferable than bike because of it's utility.
If you own a Royal Enfield, then everything on this earth will definitely look 'more' practical.

If this thing comes to India, then it will carry a price tag of 1 lac+ and neither the engine nor the power justify that price. Niche product it will be I can bet.

I agree a scooter is preferred over bikes in a family with youngsters and females. In this context, the main motive of buying a scooter is being violated. How many women would be comfortable riding this 140kg scooter?

Your words are true for smaller and cheaper scooters like Activa, Maestro, Aviator and Ray but not for this lac rupee vehicle. Activa, Maestro, etc. can be used by both men and women with ease and that is the reason for increasing sales figures. Vespa isn't sold in the same quantity as the Activa because of the price. Price and drivability (for women) would be the possible reasons for failure of this product in India. Power figures and design might work in favour of this product though. [roll]

Regards,
Nikunj

If you own a Royal Enfield, then everything on this earth will definitely look 'more' practical.

If this thing comes to India, then it will carry a price tag of 1 lac+ and neither the engine nor the power justify that price. Niche product it will be I can bet.
Haa Haa, what I feel and my approach is to live life and if you like something and in position to buy without hampering other essential then no need to measure a lot like what would be resale value, is it overpriced etc. Many people are dead against Vespa S, but we are happy with it as it premium and offers premium.

I'm with you on this maximas007. i tooo liked the line however does that draw a bit of sarcasm for royal enfield.[;)]

Thread Starter #14
re: Burgman: Premium Scooter From Suzuki Now Launched!

Suresh, Blaze was a launch well ahead of its time. Just like the Jazz from Honda.

People then required only basic stuff, but now, they are open to paying premium for the extra features and comfort that comes along with the Premium pricing, though the numbers wont be high when the monthly chart is out.

Only thing is, manufacturers need to actually provide the premium stuffs, and shouldnt water down on any of them, just because they are launching it in India [frustration][roll].

Thread Starter #15
re: Burgman: Premium Scooter From Suzuki Now Launched!

SCOOP! Suzuki Burgman 650 being evaluated for India

Suzuki has started evaluating the Bugman 650 power-scooter in India.
While there’s no official release date out yet, the company is trying to understand if such a product makes business sense in India. Yes, it will come to India as a CBU, but analyzing if at all people are interested in power-scooters is the current task.

A select customers have already been offered a test ride on the Burgman 650 & their feedback has been recorded. A questionaire has been set to collect necessary data points.

Powering the Burgman 650 is a 638cc, twin-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC petrol motor producing 54 BHP of power. Engine is matched to a SECVT (Selectable automatic) automatic gearbox.

The Burgman 650 has massive road presence & will surely attract eyeballs. Those who want to commute in style & with that extra bit of power, without the sportiness of a superbike, this should surely fit the bill.

ABS is also on offer.

Those who have given it a shot claim that it is very user friendly along with being powerful when needed.

We will try and bring more details to you soon… We cannot be sure at the moment if the launch is happening anytime soon, but having it out on the Indian streets does hint at such a possibility.
Source

Top Bottom