Suzuki Baleno: Petrol 1.2 MT & Diesel 1.3 MT Drive Review

Excellent review! Thanks for the effort Akash!

Now coming to the car, well, it does appear ok. Not like Elite or Polo! They are of different leagues. The cabin, except the front console, looks modified Swift. Personally, I feel that it would have been little different. And for gods sake, please change that steering wheel you MSIL!

Now on to good part, kudos to MSIL for providing ABS+EBD and Dual Airbags across all variants. If I am buying a petrol car today, I would simply go for BALENO solely for this. And it looks like petrol engine is better than diesel counterpart. And finally pricing is a little bit high, but not much to make me shoo away.

Totally a complete package! At this price point, I don't think we can get everything we want and I prefer to buy a car with better safety equipment than bling/comfort oriented features.

Nice and detailed review Akash, Thanks for sharing it.
Do you know service interval for petrol & diesel models after 10000km. Is it 1 year/10000 or 6month/5000km

Thread Starter #33

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Is MS known to keep with their waiting periods or do these get extended?
Waiting periods might extend.

Plus these guys are very un MS like in their offers- no exchange or loyalty bonus for previous MS owners.
Loyalty bonus I am not sure of but at my uncle's dealership exchange is certainly there and on-spot valuation of existing car can be done at NEXA.

neither car is available to see in person or in photos
Sigma version indeed is not in stock at either of the NEXA here.

Nice and detailed review Akash, Thanks for sharing it.
Do you know service interval for petrol & diesel models after 10000km. Is it 1 year/10000 or 6month/5000km
After completion of the free services then the service intervals as I am told is 10,000 kms.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Loyalty bonus I am not sure of but at my uncle's dealership exchange is certainly there and on-spot valuation of existing car can be done at NEXA.

Sigma version indeed is not in stock at either of the NEXA here..

Regards

Akash
Akash,

Wish your uncle's dealership was in Mumbai. Coz even a 15k bonus would make the Sigma for me.

Going to the Nexa tomorrow anyway. Will TD the car with a friend. May be i will try at another Nexa in Mumbai for a better deal. I already had my car valuation done

Ameyam

Can someone post pictures of the interiors of the sigma variant?
Also is it possible to fit the company audio system and steering mounted audio control which you get on the delta variant? How much would it cost?

Welcome to the group Fordguy18, almost everyone is looking for pictures of the Sigma

Its not possible to fit the Delta's HU and steering controls in the Sigma because the wiring harness is not laid out for steering controls. However, you can buy a 1-Din or 2-Din HU from the ASC and have it installed. You can also go for an aftermarket one from outside which will be cheaper. Thats what I am going to do

Ameyam

Are you going for the petrol or diesel variant.
Help me out here.
Im looking for a diesel car and have a budget that can stretch upto 8L.
My first option was the new Ford Figo Trend variant , which offers pretty much everything in comparision to the titanium variant except for the automatic climate control and ABS+EBD.
But since the launch of the Baleno im really confused.
If i were to go for a petrol car.
I would have chosen the Baleno hands down.
But the figo diesel has much more to offer and a 100ps motor with 215Nm torque which is really tempting.
Is the baleno diesel (75ps if im not wrong) sigma variant worth buying over the ford?
Ps: Baleno delta variant is not an option due to budget constraints.

Fordguy18

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
FordGuy,
Don't forget to TD the Tata Zest, Ciaz (little stretch) and ford aspire before you finalize.
Top end Zest is very value Preposition in my opinion. You get a C class car for the price of B segment.

@bhvm_
Thanks for your feedback but im looking for a fuel efficient hatchback for easier city commute .
I've got a ford fiesta petrol which isn't very fuel efficient and is hard to find parking [frustration][frustration]
Hence the lookout for a hatchback.
Plus my budget is around 7.5L plus or minus 20-50k

bhvm

Honoured Member
@bhvm_
Thanks for your feedback but im looking for a fuel efficient hatchback for easier city commute .
I've got a ford fiesta petrol which isn't very fuel efficient and is hard to find parking [frustration][frustration]
Then Baleno Should be most definately it.
Otherwise you could also take a look at-
Fiat Punto
Tata Bolt
Grand i10
Base/Mid model i20
Ford Figo

Here are some pics of the night time visibility of Baleno's projector and DRLs.[:D]

View attachment 183569

View attachment 183570

View attachment 183571

View attachment 183572

Regards

Akash
I hope it's just the camera Playing tricks Otherwise I must say I am dissapointed. The Projector output is very much Blue and Beam pattern is not as clean as my XUV projectors. I hope They're not using the Blue tinted bulbs to give a blue output![frustration]

Also, the Yellow fog lamps are clashing while Blue headlight output and looking funny. I could simply pray this is sorted in delivery vehicles.

P.S- I am not able to merge the posts. There is no delete button visible after clicking "Edit/delete Message"

Last edited by a moderator:
@bhvm_
I agree with bhvm's comment! If you look at Zest, it isn't that big which makes it tough for city commute! It's an couple of inches bigger than Bolt and honestly, if you can't afford Figo diesel with safety equipment, you better go for Zest. It is an VFM option compared to Baleno and both carries same engine! Don't buy Baleno if you want diesel. WE have other better diesels than this. And regarding FE, you would get believable, better mileage in Zest and I heard from couple of my colleagues that they are getting healthy 14+ in City(medium to horrible B2B traffic) with their Zest. It's an stunner figure if you ask me!

Guys,
Zeta and Alpha variants have alloy wheels.But it's not mentioned anywhere in the brochure if zeta gets 15 or 16 inch alloys.Can anybody plz confirm who has seen zeta variant in person?
Thanks

Please help me guys. I am confused between petrol grand i10 ,baleno and ritz. Grand i10 has a weaker body shell, and judging by the weight of baleno which is almost 150kg lighter then ritz petrol. I dont think baleno's body is stronger than ritz. So which one should i go for?? Rittz zxi has quote from dealer 616000.

Hi Guys,
I am confused between dzire vdi & baleno delta/zeta diesel.
I have booked both cars and both are ready for delivery. I am not able to take a final call due to mixed reviews of baleno. Please guide which car should I finalize? My daily running is around 80kms.
Thanks

Top Bottom