Surat - Pune Route Query

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends i am planing to visit from Surat,Gujarat to Pune,Maharastra and returning back to Surat,Gujarat same day so please let me know is it possible to do this trip on same day i will be only person driving my car and i will be travelling with my family in my Swift VXI(O) i am planing to leave Surat at 3am and usually if i face no que on Boriach,Bagwada,Charoti and Khaniwade toll plaza driving continuosuly i usually reach hotel fountain NH8 around 3.5 hours now i have faced traffic when returning back to Surat from Bhandup West in afternoon 1:30pm though it was sunday so i want to know after leaving NH8 from hotel fountain from what time traffic starts building up and average time taken in traffic to reach Mumbai-Pune expressway from hotel fountain NH8 and average time to reach Mumbai-Pune expressway when there is no traffic from hotel fountain NH8 and it would be great help if anyone can suggest me pure veg good restaurants on the way from Mumbai to Pune.
Thanks.

Doing Surat - Pune - Surat on same day is bit fagging affair. Consider 4 hours from Surat to Airoli bridge and next 4 hours drive from Mulund to Pune (based on where in Pune you are heading).

Mind it that there can be traffic on Mumbai - Pune expressway on weekends. Expect some unexpected things (few days before on Ghodbunder road one tanker slipped due to which traffic was held up for 5 hours)

Secondly, if you enter Pune during evening hours then expect to spend 1-2 hours for travelling a distance of 10-20 Kms. Also remember that Pune is the city where monsoons makes traffic more worst.

Trucks start entering Mumbai past 10:00pm. So expect huge truck traffic on Thane - Belapur road.

Regarding eateries, you would get food plaza's / food court on expressway where you can have your food.

Thread Starter #3
Doing Surat - Pune - Surat on same day is bit fagging affair. Consider 4 hours from Surat to Airoli bridge and next 4 hours drive from Mulund to Pune (based on where in Pune you are heading).

Mind it that there can be traffic on Mumbai - Pune expressway on weekends. Expect some unexpected things (few days before on Ghodbunder road one tanker slipped due to which traffic was held up for 5 hours)

Secondly, if you enter Pune during evening hours then expect to spend 1-2 hours for travelling a distance of 10-20 Kms. Also remember that Pune is the city where monsoons makes traffic more worst.

Trucks start entering Mumbai past 10:00pm. So expect huge truck traffic on Thane - Belapur road.

Regarding eateries, you would get food plaza's / food court on expressway where you can have your food.
Thanks for reply but i searched on google maps from Thane-Belapur road to Dhankawadi Pune where i am planing to visit google maps shows 150 kms than i am surprised that for travelling 150 kms it requires 4 hours because i cover Surat to Vadodara 150 kms in 2.5 hours anyways it would be great help if you can suggest name of good eateries on Mumbai-Pune expressway.
Thanks

From where the express highway ends in Pune to Dhankawadi would be around 30 Kms odd but since the road is all through traffic you might need 1 or 1.5 hrs to reach Dhankawadi.
Its better to plan it accordingly
Since you are travelling alone IMO you should travel back to Surat next day

it would be great help if you can suggest name of good eateries on Mumbai-Pune expressway.
Thanks
On entire expressway you will come across one food mall which is just after toll booth. After crossing second toll booth you will come across one more along with few road side eateries. Suggest you to check in at Food Court itself.

From where the express highway ends in Pune to Dhankawadi would be around 30 Kms odd but since the road is all through traffic you might need 1 or 1.5 hrs to reach Dhankawadi.
Its better to plan it accordingly
Very true, Pune traffic is unpredictable. If some city bus breaks in between then it could take almost 1 to 2 hour to reach just 10Kms (have faced this many times).

Since you are travelling alone IMO you should travel back to Surat next day
He is travelling with his family and your suggestion is good one !!

Top Bottom