Supreme Court’s Order – No Sunfilms Allowed from 4th May 2012

What should be the legal limit of our side Windows?

• Total voters
Re: Supreme Court Orders – No Sunfilms Allowed from 4th May 2012

Isint there a Supreme court order for implementing HSNP (High Security Number Plates) for years now! How many vehicles do we see with them? I read in a newspaper that the deadline for its implementation has been changed more than 6 times, latest was April this year if I remember correctly.

I remember long back there was a similar drive in Delhi. That time it was a Delhi HC order. I have personally seen policemen stopping cars and ripping off tints. But then few months later all stopped and it was back to normal!

I dont see any point removing them on ur own and also paying for it at the shop

Better let the policemen do it and pay Rs 100 fine. Let them do some work [lol]

Even shop wala will take 100 rs to remove it.

I have very dark film though local only 300 rs . [thumbsup]

Last edited:

I dont see any point removing them on ur own and also paying for it at the shop

Better let the policemen do it and pay Rs 100 fine. Let them do some work [lol]
[thumbsup]
Problem is, policewala will literally rip it off. If you have a defogger then theres a high chance that it will be damaged!

Fines were revised some time back. Are you sure it is still 100 rupees?

350Z

Core Team

Isint there a Supreme court order for implementing HSNP (High Security Number Plates) for years now! How many vehicles do we see with them? I read in a newspaper that the deadline for its implementation has been changed more than 6 times, latest was April this year if I remember correctly.
HSRP has been now compulsorily implemented in a few cities: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...urity-vehicle-registration-plates-hsrp-7.html

I dont see any point removing them on ur own and also paying for it at the shop. Better let the policemen do it and pay Rs 100 fine. Let them do some work
You definitely won’t be happy with the way they are going to pull off the tints.

Drive Safe,
350Z

It was in the news mentioned as tints are allowed within permissible limits.
When did no tints rule come and why is this not mentioned anywhere in news?
Seems confusing to me atleast.

Yes you are right. They are. But then it was to be implemented all over India. SC has already scolded many state govts for not implementing it yet. Funny thing is, some state govt have told SC that they are helpless and cannot implement it within their stipulated timeframe!!! They were supposed to be implemented all across India by 2006! Its more than 6 years and its not yet done. In states like Karnataka HSRP's are rare sight!

@ Delhi traffic commissioner Mt Satyendar garg says they will have 50 teams to check tinted glasses from May 4 [anger]

Dark tints should be the first target. Not us law abiding citizens.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

this is outrageous. [anger]
what one will do to avoid the all the heat :@ aah summers will be unbearable [anger]

what about those net tints ? i mean i have seen them in BMWs , its a hook which gets fit to the window. when you move down the window , it unhooks and when you close the window , it gets hooked to the glass.

what are these called ? can this be an option

Problem is, policewala will literally rip it off. If you have a defogger then theres a high chance that it will be damaged!

Fines were revised some time back. Are you sure it is still 100 rupees?
there's a chance that it will be increased to rs 500. and i agree , who will pay for the defogger.

@ Delhi traffic commissioner Mt Satyendar garg says they will have 50 teams to check tinted glasses from May 4
this drive will be hot for the first 2 weeks. the maximum number of challans will be in the first two weeks.

Last edited:

remove tints? even us guys who were careful with adhering to the laws while sticking them? Theres goes my 35k on vkool films, imagine the heat thats going to rob the fun of driving on an empty afternoon road.

Iam sure this law will be met with huge critisim and some solution will come out , incase you see some cops around just roll down all the windows down till you pass him .but seriously people spend a huge sum for tints this is a total loss.

we don't put tints only for privacy reasons, we put them to block out heat and make the ac work better, and there are some who spend a lot for this.
And if I'm not wrong sun film removal does damage the rear defoggers don't they?
And windscreen ones reduce glares at night.
reminds me of the time when they were talking of no audio in cars.

important stuff like those fancy registration plates which is hard to read. Mumbai guys will agree with those marathi fonts in a certain manner to read dada, raja, aaei they guys are not fined.

Last edited:
Sunfilms completely banned in Delhi!!!!

Guys,you haven't read anything wrong,this is what i have read in today's Times of India and got confirmed from my friends and relatives in New Delhi.
Still,Delhites,can you people please take the pain of collecting and mentioning the limitations of this law?Like how can we still use the films?

I have got the lightest ones(I think its 75% transparent)on my Laura and Corolla that also on just side windows but no film on front or rear windshields.Still will I have to get them removed?
Is it advisable to get the black glass of 75% visibility installed on windows?

Have a look at this piece of foolishness:-

Attachments

One more guys:-
Anything that is put on the glasses is banned.

Still,be relaxed biggies who own cars like beemers,Superb,Audis etc etc with those hooked sunblinds because most of the THULLAS(cops)don't dare to wave at your car to stop.And even if they stop then you just need to unhook the blinds.

Okay,I got sunfilm installed on my Corolla just two weeks back after paying some good amount for the best ones for sun protection(I think they are VKool),but since my car visits Delhi at least twice a week so I think I need to get them removed despite being the ones with highest transparency..[frustration]

Top Bottom