Suncontrol Film - Help

Thread Starter #1
Guys - Need all you suggestions for getting a good suncontrol film for my new car. I have gone through some reviews and here are the brands (only 2) which were shortlisted

1. 3M - CR Series (Side, Rear & Front)
2. Garware - Icecool Shield(front) & Top Cool (Rear & Side)

I would need your help for the below mentioned items

1. Price
2. Effectiveness
3. Allowable tint (Govt Rule)
4. Which one would provide best look for fiesta?
5. Are there other good brands which i am missing?
6. Suggestion on the place where i can have these fixed in Chennai
[cheers]

Okay!

Stick with3M. This is the best brand avaible in INDIA.

There is no problem in chennai even if you put 96% Dark & Cool films :)

Yes. You are missing another big brand! LLumar. this is also very good.

And where are you put up at chennai ?

I can help you locate the shop near your locality :)

350Z

Core Team
Intreceptor,

I too suggest you to go with Llumar OR 3M.
I've llumar installed on my ride and its serving quite well. However, The installation was not at all nicely done.

So make sure when the sunfilm is being installed you keep an eye on it other wise a bad installation job can spoil any expensive sunfilm and make look like a cheap one!

Allowable Tint (Govt. Rule)
According to our current Govt. Laws, Tints visibility should be 50%.

Drive Safe!
350Z

napster

Suspended
go for lumar, 3m is a bit more expensive than lumar, get 20% visibility on sides and rear and 35% on front, if you want more visibilti then go for 50 on the front, that will be the best combination, and in chennai i dont think its a problem with this tint. i got the combination of 20 on sides and 35 on front glass, trust me, its the best i ever saw, good heat reduction and good night vision. i suggest that

Thread Starter #5
@zinam: I reside near velachery
@napster: I think 3M is cheaper than LLumar. i just went for some window shopping today and got some more information on sun films ... here we go

Best sun film available in India is Vkool ( Some NASA related stuff) and it has ranges like Vkool 70 & Vkool 40. Vkool 70 seems to be best for front wind shield...but you have to pay a premium for it. They quoted Rs 11000 for front wind shieild alone...said thanks and ran from there.
http://www.v-kool.com/solitaire.html

LLUmar - Sits inbetween Vkool & 3M and i think they have something like Air 75 for front windshield no quote available

3M - Good and to my knowledge this is at 3rd place

Garware - Last in the list but still this one is branded and has warranty

napster

Suspended
garware ice cool is good. anyother model in garware is just c**p, i prefer only lumar and 3m coz V-KOOL fits in the rich man's budget[:D]
over here in hyderabad, 3m takes over lumar, lumar is cheaper than 3m, few hundreds.
i prefer 3m if you can spend few more hundreds, else go for lumar. if the prices are less on 3m then go for that, but make sure you go to a well known store coz these tints are usually duplicated. cant trust sellers

and accoding to govt. rules :
rear glass : 35% visibility
side glasses : 50% visibility
front glass : no tints at all

Okay Thats a good research!

The kind of stuffs you speak about are used in Rally Cars & not really required for common driving!

Try to stick between Llumar & 3M :)

And there is a very big store @ OMR road, Just opposite to Life Line Hospital, Perungudi.

I think its Haute Car Zone, it has got all accessories in chennai & Single Window Shopping for any car :)

Thread Starter #8
How about the cost factor? Any experiences with this dealer? I though Xenos would be a good place to have the tints done..but not sure... One of my friends did 3M tints CR50on GP road, a good job done and he had asked me to go to this person... but not sure about his name or shop.

Just now i came back from perungudi. I went to Ezone for a purchase and how did i miss this shop. Is this shop anywhere near to the histyle new building.

Last edited:
Okay! Got that place right!

Its just few 100 metres before the Perungudi signal, It will be in the LHS towards Ezone.

The price will be upwards of 2400 for 3M. And Llumar will be 2100+.

GP road is the best place to go for any cheaper deal, but beware of fraudulent deals which will make you regret forever. [evil]

Even the installation requires attention & you know well how densly packed GP road is? You cannot park your car for putting a sun film there & they will do that in a hurry which will create a mess easily in a single rain!

I know few expert installations in Annanagar who do the best job. But it will be far from your place.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks for the info Zinam... I dont mind travelling to annanagar for a quality job as this would be a one time installation and do not want to take any risks. I can check the prices from Haute car zone tomorrow and watch some of the installation they are doing to other cars and then decide.

napster

Suspended
a tip: get your tints installed when its sunny, coz air bubbles tend to come while installing tints, few airbubbles cant be removed withthe equipment thye have, but they dissapear when they are exposed to sun. its always suggested to get tints on when its a sunny day

guys i don't understand why everybody is suggesting Llumar and 3M. garware is also a good brand. i have garware on my alto as well as santro. both the cars alto(3 years old) and my santro(i think 6 years old) till now has not given any problems in the tints. not even a slight peel anywhere and it costs just around 1k. can anybody throw light on the pros and cons of garware??

Okay you are satisfied with the life of 3Yrs/6Yrs!

But 3M is real good which will lasted for 12Yrs in our car :)

And that may be the case for every one! Just because of quality & longevity :)

napster

Suspended
guys i don't understand why everybody is suggesting Llumar and 3M. garware is also a good brand. i have garware on my alto as well as santro. both the cars alto(3 years old) and my santro(i think 6 years old) till now has not given any problems in the tints. not even a slight peel anywhere and it costs just around 1k. can anybody throw light on the pros and cons of garware??
its not that its a bad brand dude, but its that the quality they are maintaining these days arent upto the mark, gareware ICECOOL is again well maintained, 3M and lumar dont well in the market as of now so i suggested those.

Top Bottom