Sun Shades Review: Your Answer To Sun Film Ban!

As there are no alternatives left in relatively bigger cities in India, where police are little more active, I guess these shades are a good option. And even if they are illegal, we can put them whenever a stop light comes on or also we can use only that shade where it is required. I mean if the copassenger is sitting, we can get that shade on..although it will be a tedious job..

Thread Starter #17

bhvm

Honoured Member
You will not be able to Put these on while sitting in car. One needs to open the door to remove/attach these.

I guess the only proper option remains is to have LCD dimmable glasses like on the Mercedes Maybatch or something. I hope such tech comes to masses soon.

Thanks for reply, earlier I was wanted to install sun film but most shopkeepers I visited outright refuse to do or do not stock quality films anymore due to sun film ban. This looks like a very good alternative.

I saw zipper magnètic sun shade for Balenó on volgaautomotive, Do you reccomend any other seller/brand on EBay?

I've zeroed on volgaautomotive, one inquiry though. How is fabric material holding up? Will it last at least one year?

BTW one I'm gonna order has "zip" as well! Very helpful at toll plaza.

Thread Starter #23

bhvm

Honoured Member
They're holding up well since I brought them
However Material will tear very easily if something Sharp or Some luggage falls on them.
Careful use is the only key.

ZIP method seems very useful!

I got magnetic curtains for my Swift yesterday. Now all 3 of my cars have mesh/net type magnetic curtains.

They are of decent quality and costed 450 bucks (for a set of 4 pieces) from a manufacturer friend. He said that this was the best variety which he makes and a cheaper Rs. 350 alternative was also there, but avoided that as it had a thinner layer of mesh/net.

I use the rear ones all the time and stick the front ones only when the car is parked. They are a problem in toll plazas and while opening/closing ORVMs from inside. I didn't get a chance to test the before and after AC cooling but they do block quite a bit of sunlight entering the car. I also got some plastic bits along with shades to prevent them from hanging (or coming out from place) when opening the doors.

Also planning to get tints in the coming months.

Attachments

Last edited:
Only for Rs. 450? That's a bargain. It looks like it has supportive frame built-in and stay erect on owns.

Not sure if the one i'm gonna order is frameless or with frame.

Last edited:
Only for Rs. 450? That's a bargain. It looks like it has supportive frame built-in and stay erect on owns.

Not sure if the one i'm gonna order is frameless or with frame.
Yes 450 bucks only. Market rate in Faridabad is around Rs. 600-700, still cheaper than most other markets.

I think all magnetic curtains have a supportive frame. Magnets are attached in this frame only. The ones we see on signals (one with a suction cup in between) have a similar frame which keeps the material (net or mesh) properly stretched at all times. Frame in these magnetic curtains is similar, slightly beefier (wider).

EDIT - By the way, magnetic curtains are not foldable and remain open (like in pics in last post) all the time.

Last edited:

Top Bottom