Sun Films & Seat Covers

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have ordered for Garware Ice cool Shield for my front windshield @2900 bucks & Garware High Performance Natural 35 for the sides & rear @ 3500 bucks.
Along with this I've also ordered for art-leather seat covers for my Jazz @5500 bucks (beige with black borders). Please advise if all this was a good deal or not? I've been nervous ever since I placed the order & want to know from actual users to provide neutral opinions on the same.

Cheers
Jazzy

The rates look good to me.

I had gone for 3M CR50 at the sides and CR70 at front windshield. I was quoted almost the same prices when I was hunting!

Also, I got black art leather seats for my Punto, which costed me around 5K. These are not snug fit as I thought I will change them after few years anyway [:)]

Thread Starter #3
@The traveller: thanks for the info. 3M apparently isn't available in Kolkata. I checked with 3 different shops (renowned ones) in Kolkata. I was preferring 3M only but settled for the best that Garware could offer.

Cheers!!!

Rates - not bad at all. When i asked in one the shops here, he told me that Garware's front sun-film will costs near to 3.5-4 K. SO, 2.9 seems very good. [:)] Please do put up a snap of your jazz with the sunfilm, once its done. [:)]

can you please let me know a place in chennai were do they put leather seats for my Polo.

And also suggest me a good brand and reasonable price for that.

can you please let me know a place in chennai were do they put leather seats for my Polo.

And also suggest me a good brand and reasonable price for that.
Go to all the leading car accesory shops in Chennai and see what all of them offers and go for the one which you like. There may be huge price differences. For instance, when i went last month for leather seat cover for swift, one shop quoted 27K[surprise] and another one 17K. Massive difference and we had to settle for art-leather finally. [:)]. Also, make sure that their workmanship is pretty good.

@ Jazzy _ Films look reasonable. You have not mentioned the brand of the seat covers. Autoform is between Rs.6500 - 7000/=. So if it is unbranded then it is better to go for branded one.
Regards.

@ Jazzy, the films cost look reasonable. I was offered 3.8K for the High Performance Natural 35 here in Bangalore (though without bargain). Finally went ahead with ASWF Performer 20 for 4.8K (saw this already fitted on a vento and immediately decided - this is the one [:)])

I had commented on sun films in another thread. Copying from there...

For my Etios, I had put 3M's CS50 sunfilm on the side and rear windows directly from the 3M dealer. It's a bit too transparent for my liking and when the sun light comes from the sides, it gets hot inside as well! In case anyone is thinking about going for this variant of the sunfilm, my suggestion is to at least go for RE50 instead of CS50. I am definitely not impressed with the heat rejection.

Thinking about it, in my previous WagonR, the dealer had put the sunfilm and it's still serving it's purpose well even after 6 years. I don't know what brand it is, but definitely not 3M. Probably, a Garware or a cheaper sunfilm is good enough instead of costlier ones like 3M or V-Kool.

350Z

Core Team
I have ordered for Garware Ice cool Shield for my front windshield @2900 bucks & Garware High Performance Natural 35 for the sides & rear @ 3500 bucks. Along with this I've also ordered for art-leather seat covers for my Jazz @5500 bucks (beige with black borders). Please advise if all this was a good deal or not? I've been nervous ever since I placed the order & want to know from actual users to provide neutral opinions on the same.
Pricing sounds to be reasonable but make sure these are genuine sun films. I’d also advice to spend a little extra and opt for branded seat covers.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11
Akhil- thanks a lot, will surely put up pics of my Jazz before & after intallation.
Tasuray & 350Z- thanks! Brand for seat cover was Couture (dearhead logo).
RamG & rahul- The Garware film looks good. In fact they have given me the stamped warranty card for 5 years & also provided a sticker from Garware saying that this film is compliant with the Motor Vehicles Act relating to Sun films!
Cheers
Jazzy

Hey guys I believe Autographix 2 ply 35% sun film is much better than Garware and cheaper too.

I got it installed on the sides (doors only) of my civic from Delhi at just Rs 650/- and got 2 years warranty as well for scratches and bubbles.

I was planning to go for 3M which he was giving to me at 2200 for all the four sides and back as well for HONDA CIVIC which I believe has the widest and biggest glasses. :P

Though I didn't got the ARAI certificate as I need to shell out 400 more in that case for escaping a challan. :P

Guys look for more options which might be better and cheaper too. :)

Regards
Anshul

The sun films costs fine however the seat covers appear to be a bit expensive. I think it should be arround 3 to max 4 K . Please check with the other dealer.

Top Bottom