Suggestions required in buying a Digital Camera

Thread Starter #16
Purchased another Digital Camera today.

Went to Curry's (not intentionally, went for a walk) first thing that my camera (of course, my eyes) focused was a pink Canon IXUS 105. Bells inside my mind, because pink camera especially the canon IXUS 105 was my fiancee's favorite.

Surprise..!!! That was a clearance sale for 59.99 pounds (Rs.4300/- approx)[surprise]
Without the second thought, swiped my card for it.

Then came a question, already we have 2 Cyber-shots (one in my hand now & other at home) and two days back purchased P500. What to do with this? No use of gifting my fiancée. To my knowledge she used her camera (basic Kodak digital camera, no idea on the model) hardly for 20 clicks.

Finally decided, let one of the Cyber-shot get retired at home. Parent may use it.

BTW what do you feel on the price? Is it really a clearance sale???

Hi,

Looking for a digital camera between 200~300 pounds (I stay in Milton Keynes, UK). Presently I have a 2 year old 12MP w-series Cyber-shot and looking for a upgrade now.

Here are my requirements
Optical Zoom - at least 15x
10+ megapixel (I hope this is sufficient, I'm not a professional photographer)
No 'AA' batteries - (Used Canon PowerShot SX120is for about a week and not satisfied with the battery life. Lasts hardly for 150 snaps)
HD Video - Not mandatory, but preferred
It should be 'bulky', not the compact ones.

Camera shortlisted
1) Canon Powershot SX30 (doubtful with my budget)
2) Nikon Coolpix L120
3) Nikon Coolpix P500 (again the question of budget)
4) Nikon D3000
5) Nikon Coolpix P100*
6) Sony HX1*

*P100 & HX1 are discontinued. Is there a possibility of getting them at any discounts / offers?

Awaiting your valuable suggestions, price & where to buy.

PS : How about Olympus, Samsung & Fuji Film, never used them.
Hi!

Could you kindly specify what features you are looking for in a digital camera so that I can help you zero in on a suitable model.

Regards,

Thread Starter #18
Hi!

Could you kindly specify what features you are looking for in a digital camera so that I can help you zero in on a suitable model.

Regards,
buddy, read the thread completely, I've already purchased 2 cameras and a camcorder. Anyway, thanks for your interest.

Top Bottom