Suggestions on Digicam; Bought Sony Cybershot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Hello All,

I'm planning to purchase a new digicam by year end. I would like to clear in very beginning that I don't have much knowledge on tec side when it comes to gadgets, So don't ask me questions like how much pixels etc etc!

Currently I've a Sony Handycam but the images are not at all clear.
The camera will be used mostly to snap the pics on car launches, Expos etc.

So, I'm not intending to spend much on a digicam,Till now I've set the budget of 5k Only which may exceed by few more bucks if needed.

So suggest some good cams.

Drive Safe!
350Z

sony is the ultimate. go for it. i have a sony DSC W90 which once upon a time costed me 19,990. that's a 8.1MP. but for around 5k, i doubt whether you will be able to get a sony. you could go for kodak. that too is not a bad choice. but again reminding you, sony rocks. if possible extend your budget a bit and go for the sony one.

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
Thanks.
Recently my relative bought a Cannon Digicam for around 12K and its really amazing.
So I'll not all at be stretching my budget at 19K, For that I can get another Handycam! Suggest something Around 5-6k with details if possible.

Drive Safe!
350Z

I have a Samsung D760 (which i accidently dropped lens down [cry])
i awesome its a 7.2 MP cam (check pic results in my Custom grill DIY)
Got it for 4200 bucks
Keep on a look out for offers,Vijay Sales does it here to clear out stocks.

Hey Vibhor check out Kodak easyshare C190
12MP camera with 5X optical zoom and 2.7' LCD screen for 8K

or
Kodak Easyshare C182
12MP cam 3X optical zoom 3' LCD screen for 6K

or
Kodak Easyshare C180
10MP camera 3X Optical zoom 2.4' LCD screen for 5.5k

or
Kodak Easyshare C140
8MP cam 3X optical zoom 2.4'LCD screen for 4.5K

If you will be standing a bit away from an autostand then go for a Cam with higher optical zoom (not digital zoom) to get a better picture.

IMO a 8 MP cam is enough for leisure photography.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for the list Renegade.
As I said that I'll be purchasing it by year end, So are there any new cams coming in this price range?

Drive Safe!
350Z

The starting cam from SONY is DSC-S930 http://www.sony.co.in/product/dsc-s930. But it is Rs. 8000 /- Pros: Effective 10 Mpixels, 3x Optical Zoom, Scene selection.

Starting option from Canon is PowerShot A470 @ INR 6,995.00. http://www.canon.co.in/p/EN/112-Digital-Cameras/190-PowerShot/144-PowerShot-A470/

Starting option from Nikon is COOLPIX L16 @ INR: 7,450/-. http://www.nikon.co.in/productitem.php?pid=1222-49a1f6c342

All these cams are more or less same and are equally good; except that Sony has got higer megapixel. You can check DPReview for review on any cam. This site provides excellent review. Link here http://www.dpreview.com/

I personally prefer SONY. I was planning for Canon PowerShot S5 IS, then in the last minute changed to SONY DSC H 50, because of the reviews and feedback. I am very much happy with its performance and happy for my right decision. Again, its just a matter of choice [:)]

EDIT: By year end, the prices may come down further.

Last edited:
Hey Vibhor!!

Even camera has their different & personal choices :)

I would like to know more about your taste & style of photography!

Can you please pour in more details of how often you use, just want to take photos or do you want class apart photos ?

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
@Renegade,
I saw the ad of Kodak C140 on TV Today, Yes its for 4,500k.
Any idea how good is it? Will try check out whenever gets the time.

@Shynish,
Thank you.
I would too prefer sony but unfortunately it will exceed my budget. [:)]

@Zinam,
I have already mentioned in my first post that it will be mostly used to take snaps on Launch events, Auto Expos etc.

@Type-R,
Hehe, No plans for DSLR any soon.

Drive Safe!
350Z

@vibhor, IMO you need to stretch your budget to 8k for getting a good camera, if you intend to use it for a longer period of time. Some thing that goes well with changing trends.

I think Vibhor is trying to limit the budget and we all are asking him to stretch [:)] Well, its a balanced call Vibhor. What I would suggest is try to see how much you can stretch, because in my experience it is always better to go for a better cam than compromising. But if there is no other alternative /you really don't want to increase the budget, then it is okay. Otherwise, go for what your heart says, but make sure that brain is controlling heart's desires [thumbswink]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom