Suggestions on a Good Multi Media Phone

Thread Starter #16
@ napster
7210 seen. but thats again a bar phone and the sound is too low. i can get that for just4.5k here. f305 bad feedback by my bro who is using it from the past 6months. it has got some slider problem it seems.and the 395 costs 8k(outta my budget)

napster

Suspended
hmm..well, my brother is using a w305 too, its working all good, no slider probs at all, so i suggetsed you that.

Thread Starter #18
hi guys. after spending some time for choosing the phone, now again i am left with 2 choices. i have pushed out the samsung m2710 from the list as s3500 is a far more better phone when compared to it. so my first choice is s3500. and my second choice is my uncle.[confused] my uncle has gone to the US from the past 6 months and will be returning back in the first week of jan. so i was thinking of getting a phone from there. but one thing about which i don't have info is whether it is possible to get it from there without any problems or no. i somewhere heard that sony-ericsson and moto were the leading brands in the US and they are cheap too. so i thought that i would get a good phone for my budget. i am also worried about the after sales service here. they may not even look at the phone if i tell them that its from the US and i think the warranty will be void too. so guys please help me out and tell me about the pros and cons of buying a phone from there. also there may be good offers in the us for christmas.
[confused]!!HELP ME!![shock]

Arun

Suspended
Phones do not have International Travelers Warranty[ITR] as laptops have. Getting a phone from abroad is a strict no-no. Unless you are sure you won't damage it and don't care about it being damaged.[lol!]

Thread Starter #20
thanks arun.
finally i brought the phone yesterday. a samsung metro s3500. its a very good phone with un-beatable sound quality. the earphones are so good that the apple i-pods are no where in front of these. the 2MP camera does its job well though not a mind blowing one. the lack of flash is evidently felt. the quoted price here at the mobile store was 5229. and i got a 5% discount(around rs 250) as an offer for diwali. what i felt from my one day use is that there is lower battery backup.
will soon post a detailed report. thank you all guys for helping me in buying the phone.

Thread Starter #23
yes zinam. finally i was onto the 3500. the ultimate phone for a budjet of 5k. unbeatable an all aspects.thank you very much. if it hadn't been you, then i would not get to know about the phone at all!!

@raj
thanks dude. will post the pics as well as a detailed report as soon as possible.

yes zinam. finally i was onto the 3500. the ultimate phone for a budjet of 5k. unbeatable an all aspects.thank you very much. if it hadn't been you, then i would not get to know about the phone at all!!

@raj
thanks dude. will post the pics as well as a detailed report as soon as possible.
Its okay Sriharsha!

I just shared what ever i know [:D] Who knows, may be there will be some other phone which is great for this price which we both may not know [lol]

Thread Starter #25
ya dude. today when i had gone to get my phone laminated, i met a guy there who had brought a SE W series(don't remember the exact number) slider phone. that too was for 5k.[shock] it had a 1.3 MP cam and a decent sound. [music] but i do know that it can't beat my samsung as my phone has got a 2MP cam and a far more better sound quality.[thumbswink]

Arun

Suspended
Congrats. Go Metro-ing now!! This is the phone which half of the people in my college use! It is either this or the Samsung Star [frustration]. Excellent phone for the price.[thumbsup]Good choice!

Thread Starter #28
ok guys. finally posting the ownership report of my new samsung s3500 metro after using it for 1 week 2 days and 8 odd hours.
the first impression of the phone for me was a big WOW!! The phone is a very good deal for 5k. its looks resemble that of the nokia 6500 slider. Overall the metro is a very good phone with a decent 2MP cam and good sound. The earphones are just mind blowing. No sony ericsson things can be better than this one.( compared with friend’s SE w595). The bass is just as if you have a 1000W JBL sub in your car. Awesome sound quality indeed. Maybe this is what I like the most about my phone.
The user interface is monotonous without any spice up. Themes cannot be added but can only be created. The theme creation job is a very easy one. All you need for that is any of your favorite 240*320 wallpaper. Just choose the wallpaper and the phone does the rest of the job automatically and asks you to choose the colour combinations and you are done with the theme creation.you can see some of my creations in the pics. But saddening part is that you can create only 20 such themes. The cam has got a panorama mode for wide angle snaps. The absence of a flash is certainly a drawback. The quality of pics from the cam is quite decent. The phone supports the standard *.jar and *.jad format games and applications.
But unfortunately, the slider is already wobbling a bit. today, had been to Samsung service centre and mobile store as well. Both tell the same thing that it is common for a slider to become a bit loose upon usage. I have told the guys strictly that if anything more is gonna happen, then I am going to ask them for refund. (arun and renegade, remembering you guys) lets see. What happens.
The keypad is quite comfortable to type messages. The memory expandable is upto 8gb through micro sd card( me having only a 512mb card now  need to buy one soon.)
So overall I am quite happy with my “slider” phone after owning 4 bar phones and one flip phone previously. Guys, waiting for your comments.

Finally kudos to zinam who first quoted this phone to me.

here's a link to some of the pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/sriharshashankar/UntitledAlbum?authkey=Gv1sRgCPHSjZOz_8C2EQ#

Top Bottom