Suggestions Needed For Accident Vehicle

Thread Starter #1
Hi
Recently i met with an Accident With my 8 months old baleno and Luckily all the 5 occupants are safe
Now my query is Is it worth repairing or should i go for total loss
I am having Bumper to Bumper Insurance
if i opt for total loss and get it scrapped through insurance or dealer can i get my life tax of the vehicle back from my RTO
and should i get it de registered from my name (Cancellation of registration my name as i am handovering it to insurance company )
if so what is the process for all the above

Attachments

Very lucky that with 5 onboard and the backside impact crush + c pillar totally gone I assume - all of you are safe, god is kind
If I may recommend, I will not worry too much about life tax recovery, lives saved it most. Go for total loss, ask them how much they will give you & then decide.
Buy a toyota next ! Thats what many forum members have shared with me on safety

In my case of total loss during 2015 Chennai floods, I got full IDV value and none discussed about life tax or registration cancellation. I have hand-overed all the required documents to the insurance company and received the full IDV.

There happened a lot of negotiations for IDV and I succeeded to get full.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Happy to know that all you guys are safe.
I agree go for total loss and to get the registration amount in case of total loss you needed to have an extra cover known as return to invoice cover or gap cover. Unfortunately you cannot do that now.

I am attaching my new car's insurance policy details. You should at least get all these covers for your next car.
Screenshot_20190626-170059~2.jpg

Top Bottom