Suggestions in Buying a New Premium Car Upto Rs.26 Lakh

Karthick,if you don't intend to do off-roading,then 4x2 Automatic Fortuner makes perfect sense,even though it lacks ESP(or VSC/A as toyota calls it.). However,buying an SUV without 4x4 is just blashphemy according to the purists,but in your case 4x2 will just suffice :-)

New CR-V is only with petrol, does that make sense in a country like India where every body talks about "kitna deti hai" and big craze on diesels presently

Guys 2wd or 4wd fortuner
Cmon Karthick sir as you are anyways spending 20+ lakhs why worry about a 2wd version and then every time you see a 4wd think([confused]) may be i should have got that!

Run the whole nine yards especially as you are anyways crossing 8!

I dont know how much your yearly running is - but the new CRV(petrol albeit) does come at a tempting price and it looks space age , worth a TD atleast!

Karthick,if you're okay with manual transmission then 4x4 is good(also since you intend to travel on hilly regions!).However,if you want Automatic transmission then 4x2 Fortuner is your only option as it's not available in 4x4.Make your pick.

Karthik, i would anyday recommend you the 4X4 Fortuner.

Why?

Because you have already mentioned that you would be driving occasionally on hills and you never know when you will need the 4X4!

Thread Starter #68
Guys! oh when I was messaging earlier I was infact at the point of booking and thats when I posted quickly 2wd or 4wd.Now I have booked a 2wd grey manual version.
The reason I convinced myself to 2WD and grey colour: I wanted fortuner for it looks,space and reliability and I am never a off-road person.My 90% driving will be in city and occasional highway trips and hill station trip may be or may not.Next thing I thought I will keep the car simple with 2wd and not load with any additional mechanicals of 4wd and if some problem rise up then run behind alignment,differentials,left arm ,right arm on and on.My aria my tutor!.Next thing the sales person told unless I really off-road I would not need a 4wd as I stressed the point to him that the car is of huge ton and if in case would I need 4wd in hill areas or at some points? he just told that I would be able to easily drive with the large engine capacity.I also checked that Innova is 200 kgs less that fortuner 2wd and the fortuner has 500cc more than innova so definitely it would not struggle for my style of use.Next thing mileage, the 4wd cuts down 2 points.Next thing I have never used a 4wd before,the aria is different as its just a toggle switch type to employ 4wd.Next things 1.30L difference. So summing up everything I thought I will go with 2WD and also at the time I posted I did not get much replies,my fault should have discussed earlier.
Now:Please correct me if am wrong anywhere and consider my views and tell me if I should go with 2wd or 4wd,I have booked but I can change in a days time
I do not want an automatic as I am comfortable with manual
I had colour options Grey and silver.The silver was awesome but when I been to the showroom I just found so many innovas,etios,etios liva everything in silver.I just watched the road and every taxi and out of 10 cars atleast 5 be silver.Also silver as its get little older does not look nice as I had the option to see grey and silver side to side from the service yard and grey was safe.
I have not gone for white as I am too sensitive with small dents, scratches or anything exterior but my sister insists white be nice and now discussions going on hehee.
Altogether guys,I have just told my views please do correct and quickly give me any suggestions please.
I checked the cr-v website and I do not want a 5 seater at that price as I rather go for fortuner.

Thread Starter #70
@dharmesh thanks mate,Ya will decide by tonight.
I would never envy a 4wd but in fact my only envy was a fortuner.I do not off-road and though its a suv,my style of use will be just as such in a sedan.Ya it may be a shame to fortuner but it will be a pride for me that its with me,selfish na?hehee.The only concern i raised to the sales person and also what I was doubtful was- being such a huge car in wheel size,body weight , I was doubtful whether the fortuner will be able to get its tyres out if suppose it get struck in some bad road or say a hole in rainy days.I was not concerned with worst roads say as such in building sites,slushy roads as I would not even have a chance to go that way and even if I do I would rather park my car and walk,let be whatever car may be of mine.So my only concern was whether it will be no problem if it get struck in a hole(I mean general bad roads in city conditions or an unknown thing in rainy days) or something,whether it will be able to pull up hilly areas such as ooty,kodaikanal.If these are fine I am happy with 2wd
What you guys think?we have time to change to please tell me

@Karthick

You have made a perfect choice either it is color or version !! no second thoughts on that and just go ahead with your purchase !! My advances wishes for a great experience at Toyota while buying and with Fortuner after buying[clap]

@gurrala thanks mate but stil i owe a td of storme for you and i remember.we are now debating between white to grey?
@Karthick

White and Silver are just common and I always see them as colors used by VIPs with a bulb on top, so in my opinion only Grey looks unique from that lot and gives a nice personal vehicle touch to Fortuner. So color selection of Grey is just perfect man, go ahead without any doubts

Storme TD is a different thing, since you have used Aria already, I just wanted your personal experience on the same. Yes you can very well go for a TD of the same and post your experience in the Storm road test review thread[:)]

Thread Starter #74
@gurrala you true yar.i did have inclination towards silver but i just saw so many silver toyotas in the showroom and also the road prefers silver a lot and i do not want to join that club.i loved the white fortuner as that was the colour i saw in thailand and fell in love with fortuner but back in india i just found every one already love white so much with fortuner,it would have been funky colour if it wasnt branded by politicians and vips.anyways am happy with grey always and yes the fortuner would be unique as you said.i just showed your post to my family and so we will finalise what we finalised,with your kind help

Karthick,are you averse to Auto box? If no then why are looking for a 2wd manual?The new 5 speed automatic Fortuner is a gem according to the reports.Have you driven it?

Top Bottom