Suggestions in Buying a New Premium Car Upto Rs.26 Lakh

@Kathick

I know your previous car story[cry] which was not so good. BUT

Looking at your present post or state of mind !! it looks to me very confusing.

What exactly you are looking at A premium sedan, AN SUV or something else ??, because your list of preferences are very surprising to me which completely from different segments to each other.

I wish you pendown with your requirements exactly and do not fix something in mind while writing, just keep it blank.

Have room to listen to every brand, then finally make your choice[clap] as I do not want to see things going wrong for you this time

Thread Starter #17
@gurrala That so kind and really thanks a lot.
See my preferences are from different segments but since I am not keen only with a SUV OR only to be a sedan ,i have just picked up cars which interest me.I have picked the cars considering first my interest, its brand,reliability and comfort.I just need a premium car and it can be any SUV or sedan.My requirements are pampering space,decent equipments,be a drivers car offering good commanding view or position,seat 5 comfortably and ground clearance.
I am definitely open to all the brands and infact considered each brand,like picking the car i like from each brand and then having a look at its ownership,service issue etc and filter them accordingly and not going blindly at any point.I will just give you my selection and you will get an idea how I narrowed down.
Maruti - Only kizashi,ertiga is not my interest
vw- jetta,passat
skoda- only superb,dont like yeti
Toyota - corolla, fortuner, Camry
Hyundai - only sonata
Honda - only accord,no cr-v
Maindra -no
Tata -tata bye bye
Mitsubushi- No
GM- chevy, no captiva
So I considered the best car on the premium side and check if it interest me and then put in my list first and then filter it out taking its + & -

Maruti - Kizashi I like the car,Did not TD it and in flesh it still looks just a normal thing and not worth for what we pay for it,I mean in looks and also not many kizashi run around and I do not want to test on it
VW- Jetta looks good but the space inside does not interest me. Passat is still in list though I do not know anything about this car,long term ownership etc I have just kept it open and also keeping in mind its expensive to maintain
Skoda- Not going to try anything again hearing about its bad quality and service almost every one I talk abt it
Toyota- Top in my list considering its relaibility and am open to all three cars.Corolla sometimes I like and at times am not happy with its taxi image and also the 2013 next gen toyota should be out later.Fortuner and camry win everything with me
Hyundai- it is not worth to pay 26L with hyundai quality and also the suspension set-up is bad across all fluidics
Honda- accord is good in everyway but if i decide to go for a petrol car I would rather go with camry bagging up that extra reliability factor from Toyota
GM- Chevy is good in all aspects except space,service and parts so I have just kept it open.Captiva does not interest me as I could rather pay some extra thing and go for fortuner and get better space for front and third rows
So my order of preference
1.Fortuner
2.camry
3.Passat.
4.Jetta
5.Corolla
6.Cruze

They are from different segments but these are the cars which are liked by my heart and also mind now from each brand and after I fliter out I am just discussing here to further narrow down to make 6 to 1 with the inputs from our members

Dear Karthickramu,

I have been reading your posts during your buying stage, in ownership thread and then on the dilemma about whether to sell the car or keep it.

What I understood is that you are highly imotional with certain things and want 100% perfection. Small niggles also could disturb you too much and even if an issue is fixed, thoughts of repeat occurance in future will haunt you.

In such a situation, I would suggest that you take enough time to do a proper research, think about all possibilities and then take a decision.

For instance, look at this thread. Enough reason to remove Jetta and Passat from your list.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ock-alloy-wheels-poor-quality.html#post199224

This do not mean in anyway that Volkswagen is bad. Infact they are world number one now.

However these things can play havoc in your case.

It seems Fortuner is the only option for you.

Thread Starter #19
@autosafari when i read your post it sounded me as though u travelled in my mind in to exit,great buddy,thanks a lot.Forgetting that u had read my posts earlier,if i just read this post it was like someone telling about my horoscope so correct and i just sit jaw dropped.Great understanding really! well you are true i cannot live even with a minute crack in my car because a car and driving a car was a dream since my childhood.When i was a kid i wanted a bicycle and we were discussing about it and at that time,one night in my sleep I was shaking my leg as though i was riding a bicycle and my family just got it the next day.So machines were really emotional for me as you said and I have been really possessive with cars we owned and maintained it just as loving.At times I had even felt lonely when my i10 had gone for service few days and I had felt some incomplete thing everyday until it returned.For me am its king and its the elephant I will ride with pride whatever I own.With my last buy the car never had any major issues,breakdown or whatever but its performance and quality is not my type and I cannot carry on with too much stress thinking that it is not perfect as I want as I take it too much in to my head and with added Business pressure i decided to be wise and disown.Now ,as you mentioned am really going to take time and I have short-listed certain car which you see above in my post and will discuss here so I could get the real picture.Now you have given a good reason to filter VW out and that is why I discuss here with our TAI friends,very supportive and helpful.Well of all the 6 Cars I have listed,fortuner was the only car I could not find even one complaint from owners let it be here or other countries except one bad incident where one owner had a failed brake before toyota revised its braking system.Yes, for now fortuner is my top option for me.I just need a car where it will be in good quality,performance and pocket friendly for me to maintain especially it should run endless and even when some mechanical renewal comes up after years it should not cost me half price of the original cost of the car.When am buying this time,it is not like in few years I would change to some other car but in fact it will be best buddy in my garage and last forever.

Dear Karthickramu,

I have been reading your posts during your buying stage, in ownership thread and then on the dilemma about whether to sell the car or keep it.

What I understood is that you are highly imotional with certain things and want 100% perfection. Small niggles also could disturb you too much and even if an issue is fixed, thoughts of repeat occurance in future will haunt you.

In such a situation, I would suggest that you take enough time to do a proper research, think about all possibilities and then take a decision.

For instance, look at this thread. Enough reason to remove Jetta and Passat from your list.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ock-alloy-wheels-poor-quality.html#post199224

This do not mean in anyway that Volkswagen is bad. Infact they are world number one now.

However these things can play havoc in your case.

It seems Fortuner is the only option for you.
+100 Safari, I was just thinking about the same. Yes Karthick is a very sensitive buyer according to me and he should buy something really tested and proved for years without any small niggles, something like Maruti Swift or Toyata Altis[:)]

Thread Starter #21
@gurrala Thanks u so much for your concern and for everyone around here.We have time to think and will choose the best.I am not a regular person who just fixes something in mind and open a discussion here breaking all your head and members just go on and on without knowing what the person is really planning and finally the person end up in what then want.In fact , initially I did some research on my own on the cars I like and only then I brought up to TAI as its like different stages for me and did not want to trouble you guys when it is too early and so from here after hearing from all of you guys I will choose the best reliable car so every opinion from TAI matters a lot for me.I am honestly 100% towards fortuner but as I mentioned my heart will not be permitted to do any work here,this time! and purely will be mind work,so even if I get to know that T-Fort will not give my expectations I will definitely forget it and think about the next option,so I am just open but clear enough that i need something premium but not on the high scale to BMW or Audi

Thread Starter #22
Now I am not just considering what the car holds at the time of purchase but in fact I am forecasting say 10 yrs later with the buy and still I be happy for the buy.Every car will have faults over long running,it is just a machine but it should on wear n tear and not come out of manufacturing flaw so in that way I need a flawless machine.Even with Aria,I made lot of research before buying and I know everything on it AtoZ including that owners get premium service at service centres (Its is true) and I bought it being aware that it might give some mechanical problems.I justified the buy with two things on my mind,being on safari engine it will not fail and even if it gets in to problem as everyone believes that even a road side techy can handle the fault and next thing,the amount of comfort , features ,refinement it offered it was far better than any car for me but as I mentioned if it had given problems over mechanical failures on wear n tear I would have been still happy but the problem is,it is not a flawless car as i expected

Karthick just go ahead and book the Fortuner nothing else is really going to quench your thirst, The Fortuner will outlast you and prove a reliable partner - something you have been looking for![:)]

Thread Starter #24
@iron rock,yea most of our members suggest the same,anyway I wld book around december or Jan as its just few days more for taking on 2013 model.So we got time to decide the best

Thread Starter #25
Hi guys..how you all.am back to trouble you all with me finaly going to book my new car.please please give me options of the best from 18-25 l range.

Have you checked upon rexton?

There are very few options in that category.
Also there would be a merc B Class. Not sure of its pricing though.

Thread Starter #27
@superbad I would want to but a tested vehicle in India and not a new one.Merc B around 20 but it is still kind of hatchback

@Karthick

After looking at your previous purchase and your approach about a vehicle and everything, I think only Fortuner will fit exactly for you[:)]

At a minimum you should test drive the Fortuner, Pajero Sport and Rexton in this budget range and then decide based on your priorities.

Thread Starter #30
I thought of cruze but still for my comfort its low roof would not suit me and also the rear is little cramped and I am now little bit wavering between elantra - sonata - fortuner.I thought of corolla but the new version will be out in 2014 may be and I don't want to buy an out dated one.Help help help but for sure I do not want to buy something and keep envy something.I want to be happy 100%

Top Bottom