Suggestions in Buying a New Premium Car Upto Rs.26 Lakh

Thread Starter #93
Now between camry - sonata I choose sonata
Between FORTUNER - SONATA - I am just hitting.Its between suv - sedan but my concern is space,class,ride & reliability

Thread Starter #95
@gurrala The camry was cool but I am not happy with an auto as it was making me too conscious and also my kind of driving need manuals,the suspension was lil stiff and compared to the sonata-it has manual, great suspension, feature rich than camry.But anyways,may be the camry is the best but my personal choice will be sonata out of it.Now pleaseeee tell me which one would you suggest me between fortuner - sonata and why

Sonata is a petrol only car , the value will depreciate much faster , in reliability,a.s.s, cheaper to maintain it will be fortuner any day . The fortuner will be a better bet which you will never regret . Stick to the 4x2 model and you will be a happy man .

Or if its a sedan I will look for the skoda superb diesel . Still my suggestion buy the fortuner and be the king of the road .

Last edited:
@Karthick

If it is between Fortuner and Sonata, the I suggest Fortuner, reasons are

1. Sonata is a premium offering from Hyundai, my neighbor is Hyundai service, people brake their heads with Verna maintenance it self for spares and service cost, so just imagine with Sonata. It is a Sedan and personally I do not like the sedan like Sonata as it looks cramped to me, Yes if it is Skoda superb or new Octavia wonderful Sedans.
2. Fortuner gives you very big stances from all the sides, a comfortable seating and driving pleasure, it is from Toyota and reliability is already proved and maintenance is really reasonable. Excellent road presence and great service support

Thread Starter #99
Guysss guess most of the members would have escaped from my torture of monkey jumping between cars even after booking but its just that I am kind of over cautious. I am not trying skoda superbad but thanks for your suggestion and I do respect but the reviews do scare me a lot SKODA SUPERB Reviews, Ratings, Price and Specifications - MouthShut.com and also through my friends.
With my previous purchase - I compared fortuner with Aria and inspite of preferring fortuner I just fell in love with its looks,feautures ,price and so on and finally paid for my infatuation. Now with my situation hitting between suv and sedan , I wanted to give a final try and my folks are now convinced after the test drive of sedans,pricing etc , fortuner is far better. For me,this confusion lead to some liking towards sonata for its looks, features ,price and comparing which to buy between fortuner - sonata and I just take a logical decision that this time not to fancy something and get the pain later but to go for something which is really worth this time.Today I td camry - sonata - fortuner, the fortuner does lack the smooth ride,body roll compared to that of the sedans but still I understand suv - sedan ride and the fortuner will be my conclusion hitting hard DOT.I am just satisfied I did try most of the cars I had in mind because after my buy I do not have to think Why i did not try this? I am happy and proceed with the booking.I just going to change the colour to white, as fortunately the TD vehicle was grey 2012 model and was not pleasing in the colour. So everything goes well towards fortuner. I am sorry for troubling with my Monkey ming and really thank all of you for giving me your time and suggestions as it is so valuable to me,kind of my spinals towards my purchase. 4BY2 WHITE FORTUNER - DOT

Guysss guess most of the members would have escaped from my torture of monkey jumping between cars even after booking but its just that I am kind of over cautious. I am not trying skoda superbad but thanks for your suggestion and I do respect but the reviews do scare me a lot SKODA SUPERB Reviews, Ratings, Price and Specifications - MouthShut.com and also through my friends.
With my previous purchase - I compared fortuner with Aria and inspite of preferring fortuner I just fell in love with its looks,feautures ,price and so on and finally paid for my infatuation. Now with my situation hitting between suv and sedan , I wanted to give a final try and my folks are now convinced after the test drive of sedans,pricing etc , fortuner is far better. For me,this confusion lead to some liking towards sonata for its looks, features ,price and comparing which to buy between fortuner - sonata and I just take a logical decision that this time not to fancy something and get the pain later but to go for something which is really worth this time.Today I td camry - sonata - fortuner, the fortuner does lack the smooth ride,body roll compared to that of the sedans but still I understand suv - sedan ride and the fortuner will be my conclusion hitting hard DOT.I am just satisfied I did try most of the cars I had in mind because after my buy I do not have to think Why i did not try this? I am happy and proceed with the booking.I just going to change the colour to white, as fortunately the TD vehicle was grey 2012 model and was not pleasing in the colour. So everything goes well towards fortuner. I am sorry for troubling with my Monkey ming and really thank all of you for giving me your time and suggestions as it is so valuable to me,kind of my spinals towards my purchase. 4BY2 WHITE FORTUNER - DOT
After reading your state of mind(do not take in any wrong way), I still feel that you are not inclined for Fortuner and you still need some vehicles TD friend. Just think about it once again.

It is like you are sticking to something best from the lot available to you, but NOT with a mind blowing feeling on Fortuner. This is my true sense I guess about you, wish you make a 100% perfect decision this time.

Sorry I am not trying to confuse you further, but something I felt this just now

Thread Starter #101
@gurrala you are true and i always felt you catch my pulse right and nothing to take wrong my friend because you are helping.i always had craze,envy n wow with fortuner and whenever it pass i stare until it disapears.it is true i want to stick on with fortuner as i have not liked anything equal or more than a fortuner and next as u said its best in terms of reliability but the thing is i dont have much options as i have ruled out brands that have some bad reviews,it may be true or not but i dont want to risk again.i tried cruze,elantra,camry,sonata,fortuner and these come from different segments and category but of these fortuner will be my pick.fortuner my goal but i tried if something else would flatter me but no so i go towards fortuner.if not fortuner,sonata i got to try skoda or vw which i would not.captiva may be good but its price going to be 30l and i have tried it during my previous purchase and never liked as the back seats were not convincing,new crv i stil think if its suv for me fortuner is my pick thats for sure so my take was if not suv what sedan.? Accord too low for me as such i finaly land at fortuner,it may not wow me but nothing else even stand 4 it

i second your thought process since you had a rough time with the aria, you do not want to run into hassle.

earlier even i was sceptical after hearing some horror stories about skoda.

but it seems they are improving, so much so that even mahindra guys are appreciating their change in attitude.[surprise]

so i would suggest try to get updated , if they are still running skoda in their old ways or if they have improved.

the thing is you (the buyer) need to be convinced that the choice you made is right one.

else everything falls into place.

so for that matter, go with your gut feeling.

atleast you might not have any guilt of not listening to your heart later.[;)]

@gurrala you are true and i always felt you catch my pulse right and nothing to take wrong my friend because you are helping.i always had craze,envy n wow with fortuner and whenever it pass i stare until it disapears.it is true i want to stick on with fortuner as i have not liked anything equal or more than a fortuner and next as u said its best in terms of reliability but the thing is i dont have much options as i have ruled out brands that have some bad reviews,it may be true or not but i dont want to risk again.i tried cruze,elantra,camry,sonata,fortuner and these come from different segments and category but of these fortuner will be my pick.fortuner my goal but i tried if something else would flatter me but no so i go towards fortuner.if not fortuner,sonata i got to try skoda or vw which i would not.captiva may be good but its price going to be 30l and i have tried it during my previous purchase and never liked as the back seats were not convincing,new crv i stil think if its suv for me fortuner is my pick thats for sure so my take was if not suv what sedan.? Accord too low for me as such i finaly land at fortuner,it may not wow me but nothing else even stand 4 it
In SUVs nothing that even I can think of which is better than Fortuner at the moment. But

Just do a TD of Skoda Superb(do not buy it) before you take a final call. With my personal experience in Hyderabad Skoda has improved a lot and not like earlier(We have this experience of Octavia from 2006 till now). First of everything just do a TD of the car and then you can think of the Skoda support later on and even you can put your hands on Laura too[:)]

Compared to fortuner everything will depreciate faster . Skoda rapid cost 12,500 rs for 1 yearly service And iam 100% sure laura will be more then that and superb will be even more .

Fortuner will be much much cheaper and reliable to maintain in all possible situations .

Remember no matter how much skoda has improved it can never ever compare with Toyota for reliability and a.s.s for which you are extremely selective about . The more you will listen to us the more you will get confused . Listen to what your heart says . I think we all have given you enough suggestions its time to start a ownership thread now what say ? [;)]

Top Bottom