Suggestions for Swapping Two Tyres of Maruti Alto

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
This is my first post here, i need help regarding new tyres for my Alto LX.

I bought my car in Augst 2007 fitted with JK radials, now i have problem with two tyres, i have to change them quickly. so please suggest me brand and type of tyres(tubeless or radials). and also tell approximate price.

Here are some information about my driving, route are of all kinds, like long drives, city driving , worse roads. i drive some times at speed of more than 110kmph.

Please help me.

Re: Help needed

Hi all,
This is my first post here, i need help regarding new tyres for my Alto LX.

I bought my car in Augst 2007 fitted with JK radials, now i have problem with two tyres, i have to change them quickly. so please suggest me brand and type of tyres(tubeless or radials). and also tell approximate price.

Here are some information about my driving, route are of all kinds, like long drives, city driving , worse roads. i drive some times at speed of more than 110kmph.

Please help me.
Hello Be Maninder Ji,
Greetings Buddy! Bro - Alto Stock (Company Fit) Tyre size are 145/80/R12. I suggest you stick on to the same size as your driving conditions are Worst as mentioned by you. If you go for Low Profile tyres like mine (205/55(Low Profile)/R15) it will not be as comfortable for your driving conditions as mentioned. Alto's are designed to perform even in the worst conditions with the existing stock sizes. So please stick to those. Look at me. I am a Business Man. From House to Office and back. Roads here in Mangalore is Kinna Good (Concrete and Flat) in most of the Places. So it is okay for me. But if i was in ur condition - i would stick to Stock size.
I asked my Friend who owns a Alto. He says Apollo tires are the best for the Alto. PRICES HAVE INCREASED FOR TIRES OF ALL BRAND FOR 2012. I WILL CHECK FOR YOU THE PRICES AND LET YOU KNOW IMMEDIATELY BUDDY!
Are you having Alloy wheels?

Cheers Mahinder!

Re: Alloys Rims for my Swift Vxi - 2012 (Photos Attached)

@Maninder -
If you want to change two bad tyres then stick to the same tyres as the remaining two. So far I know it is not recommended to fit different types of tyres in the same car.IMO You can change the brands off course and not the type. Approx. cost is Rs.2500/- to 3150/- per tyre depending on brands and types.
Thank you.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks SAM and tasuray for your Kind replies,

I am googling and searching various shops for the best i can get, from last 7 days. After too much search, finally these are results, According to grade.
A Bridgstone 2500 Rs. to 2900
B Apollo 2450 Rs.
C CEAT 1900 Rs.
Prices shown are for Tubeless tires.
I asked many dealers for the difference between structure of tubeless tires and tube type, as they said, there is no difference, is it safe to use same tires as tubeless????

and which Brand from these u will suggest .. Waiting for your replies.

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy. Nice to see you here. Bridgestone are good and price is jusificable. You can go for them.

Are you having alloys? Or planning?

You can stick to stock size (i.e. 145/80/R12). Or if you want some wider tyres (like 155/75/R12), You will have to suffer on Bad roads but they will provide excellent roadhold, handling and grip.

But, since you are swapping only 2 tyres, You will have to stick to the size of the other two tyres or your ride will be affected. In case your one tyre of different size (both different size tyres are at rear, suppose) and the stepny you have is of stock size. How will you drive with those disbalanced profile of the car tyres. It will be wierd.

Think of replacing all the 4 tyres.

Hi friends.. I joined this forum today and this is my first post. I own an Alto LX (2006), which has clocked +34k kms, on pretty good roads and handling. Yet my JK tyres, which came with the car, were in pretty bad shape, and I have been researching the market and the Net, looking around for options. I finally zeroed in on either Michelin or Bridgestone Today I changed the entire set of 5 tyres for Bridgestone Potenza GIII 165/60R 12 (tubeless). This range from Bridgestone is basically for high end and sports cars, and is very quite expensive. Its a wonder that R12 size is available for low end cars. The tyres are wide and expected to give a better ride and road grip, as well as manage pot holes, where Michelin seems to have a not-so-good reputation.

My only concern is the extra width, i.e. original Ultima XP JK tyres were 145/ 80R 12. Although both the dealer, and the Bridgestone website recommended this high end tyre for enhanced performance, I hope that its different configuration will not adversely effect the car's performance in the long run. At present it gives 16.5 km/lt in city conditions.

Your expert inputs are welcome [:)]

DO you prefer bridgestone over goodyear and mrf or ceat maybe
To whom is this question addressed to? If it is to me, I have no preference for any company whatsoever. Its only what I researched over a week, indicated that Michelin appears to be the top choice of Indian customers, for its ride quality, but its durability in Indian conditions is suspect. Bridgestone tyres are next in users' choice, for their durability and ride quality, but may give noisy ride, and aquaplaning might be an issue. Rest of the Indian companies stand nowhere in the top, as regards competition. Rest, only God knows.. [roll]

Top Bottom