Suggestions for Improvement of Roads to Govt. Of India

Thread Starter #1
We see many accidents regularly on Indian roads and there is need of improvement so that the accident rate can be lesened, Post your suggestion on what all changes you want our government to do regarding the roads and what all can be improved?

napster

Suspended
Its not the govt. Its people who are responsible for accidents. Its because of their driving habits accidents occur, Yes the govt is resposible but not all the time, Most of the time drivers are responsible. Maybe 5% of accidents are because of the Govt.

Thread Starter #4
Its not the govt. Its people who are responsible for accidents. Its because of their driving habits accidents occur, Yes the govt is resposible but not all the time, Most of the time drivers are responsible. Maybe 5% of accidents are because of the Govt.
agree but ever thought why people do this? because govt. is not strict enough, If they are strict (like in delhi) things should get better i believe.

I personally the government cannot do anything more to the roads to avoid accidents. They have already expressways and ultra-fast highways. Everything depends on the driver and his habits. More than the driver habits the pedestrians cause most of the accidents. The people living in the rural areas are not able to judge the speed of the oncoming vehicle. They are still in the age of the Amby's where they think that the car will be coming only in 80+ but the cars nowadays rush in at more than 150+ thereby causing more accidents. First the government should take steps to educate the traffic rules to the rural areas , by doing this most of the accidents can be eliminated.

napster

Suspended
agree but ever thought why people do this? because govt. is not strict enough, If they are strict (like in delhi) things should get better i believe.
No matter what govt does, People tend to break rules and because of those stupid people even other travellers nthe roads are ut to risk.
People should hae the common sense while driving.

First of all they should repair the big potholes. Atleast NH must be pothole free. I travel a lot on NH7. Its condition is terrible which only leads to accidents. months back my uncle lost control over the car while overtaking after hitting a pothole thereby ramming into a truck.He lost his life in that fatal mishap.[cry]

@napster- I completely agree with you, people tend to break rule even if strict rule are ammended. But certainly govt. must repair the roads.

1) build better roads with proper lanes.
2) stop corruption.
3) install automatic sensors which will catch offenders & they can pay fine online.
4) traffic rules are not only for car, even for pedestrians. pedestrians should cross only at zebra crossings, roads are not for bullock carts & animals.
5) most importantly, be strict on lane discipline. catch snails moving in the right lane & changing lanes without indicators.
6) non working brake lights & indicators is an offence & should be fined.

and much more...

1) build better roads with proper lanes.
2) stop corruption.
3) install automatic sensors which will catch offenders & they can pay fine online.
4) traffic rules are not only for car, even for pedestrians. pedestrians should cross only at zebra crossings, roads are not for bullock carts & animals.
5) most importantly, be strict on lane discipline. catch snails moving in the right lane & changing lanes without indicators.
6) non working brake lights & indicators is an offence & should be fined.
great ones. I have never seen truck with their taillamps working. Hazard warning lamps are never used by stationary cars. Instead i have seen them blinking on too fast cars. I never understand the reason for the same.

The very first step , must give license like in Europe where the procedure is very strict , means the license holder is a good driver with good driving habits. This solve the entire problem

great ones. I have never seen truck with their taillamps working. Hazard warning lamps are never used by stationary cars. Instead i have seen them blinking on too fast cars. I never understand the reason for the same.
akash,
this is for looks buddy. even i do it sometimes[evil]. you too try it once[lol]. but i do it on empty roads and not in a busy road which may lead to confusion among the other drivers. so better be at your safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
akash,
this is for looks buddy. even i do it sometimes[evil]. you too try it once[lol]. but i do it on empty roads and not in a busy road which may lead to confusion among the other drivers. so better be at your safety.[thumbsup]
Dear Sriharsha and Akash,

it is done purposefully.on fast cars ,drivers need to get safe passage.Due to its colour the hazard signal get less scattered and can be viewed on a RVM(rear view mirror)from a long distance, easily creating an alert on other drivers on the same lane.
On foggy nights Hazard signals can be easily seen than the headlights, so they are used on highways even on slow vehicles.

i feel using hazard lights on moving cars is widely practiced in india & is wrong.

hazard lights should be used to indicate a stationary vehicle only.

for foggy/rainy conditions, people should use front & rear fog lamps in their car which by the way should be standard!

Top Bottom