Suggestions For ICE Setup on My Alto

Thread Starter #1
Guys, i have postponed the plan of selling my Alto. Since i am going to keep it for some more time, i thought of refreshing the ICE setup. No i am not an audiophile. What i am looking for is a HU 1 DIN (or 2DIN if budget permits) and a set of speakers (front) which can sit in the slot provided at the corners of dash.

Let me know the best possible options within a budget of 10k.

Re: Suggestion for ICE Setup of my Alto

My suggestion would be JBL X333 HU mated with 4" drivers from Infinity/Pioneer. If you are OK with a lil bit cutting of door panels then go for 6" components in doors and 6x9 in rear MDF tray. You would be surprised with the bass you would get.
Happy ICEing.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #3

Thanks for the suggestion, the HU looks great, but the major drawback is the absence of CD playing capability. Although i understand most of us play music via USB, but still i would like a CD player too. Also i am not going to go for any cuts due to absence of professionalism near my place. Any more suggestions for the HU?

Thanks for the suggestion, the HU looks great, but the major drawback is the absence of CD playing capability. Although i understand most of us play music via USB, but still i would like a CD player too. Also i am not going to go for any cuts due to absence of professionalism near my place. Any more suggestions for the HU?
If you want CD player too then go for JBL X555. It's fully loaded somber looking HU with 3 preouts and nice in-built amp. For speakers go for Infinity in dash and 6x9 in tray.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #5

If you want CD player too then go for JBL X555. It's fully loaded somber looking HU with 3 preouts and nice in-built amp. For speakers go for Infinity in dash and 6x9 in tray.

freakdude.
What about the prices? Will the HU+Front speakers fit my budget of 10K?

What about the prices? Will the HU+Front speakers fit my budget of 10K?
Yes it would fit perfectly.

JBL X555 : 4500 - 4600 with B&W
Infinity 4" coax : 3000
MDF Plank : 1000
Descent wiring (Stinger, Bull, JBL) : 600 (approx 10 mtrs)

Total : 9200/- (left with some 800 rupees that you can fill her up with or even better give me a treat. [evil])

freakdude.

Thread Starter #7
Any inputs for Pioneer DEH-2390UB. I just heard its output in one of our company vehicles. Can someone throw light on Pioneer?

Thread Starter #8
Any inputs for Pioneer DEH-2390UB. I just heard its output in one of our company vehicles. Can someone throw light on Pioneer?
I may sound stupid, but can anyone put the prices of 2DIN HU which may fit my budget. I dont mind extending my budget by a few more thousand bucks.

I may sound stupid, but can anyone put the prices of 2DIN HU which may fit my budget. I dont mind extending my budget by a few more thousand bucks.
A few entry level HU from Kenwood/JVC might fit in. If you can stretch a bit say to around 12500/- you can get JVC KW-XR816. It's wonderful in audio and it's loooong feature lish would make you drool. And did I mention it has bluetooth too. [evil]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #10
Can you specify the Kenwood model. Also i believe the total budget needs to be stretched by 12.5k, am i rite?
BTW i am loving the JVC 2DIN HU you mentioned.

Attachments

Can you specify the Kenwood model. Also i believe the total budget needs to be stretched by 12.5k, am i rite?
BTW i am loving the JVC 2DIN HU you mentioned.
This specific model from JVC is great to have. It fits nicely with dash, and has a long list of features with decent SQ.

Regarding Kenwood, I guess the basic 2 DIN is DPX-MP5110 / 6110. It also has a good o/p with 2 pre-out. Not sure about the prices though!

This specific model from JVC is great to have. It fits nicely with dash, and has a long list of features with decent SQ.

Regarding Kenwood, I guess the basic 2 DIN is DPX-MP5110 / 6110. It also has a good o/p with 2 pre-out. Not sure about the prices though!
Both of the above are in proximity of 8-10K. Descent HU nothing fancy about them.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #13
Finally i got rid of the crappy Sony ICE. Got a Pioneer DEH 249 HU along with 4" front speakers. I am happy with the SQ of HU which is much superior to the old Sony. Will post the pics soon.

Top Bottom