Suggestions for ICE on Maruti Suzuki Ertiga

Thread Starter #1
This is my first thread in this forum. I have recently booked Maruti Suzuki Ertiga VXi from Popular motors Muvattupuzha (Cochin). I am currently settled in Bangalore, so I have access to all shops in Bangalore and Cochin.

Please help me to find the best available ICE for Suzuki ERTIGA with-in the budget with the following constraints:

- Neutral sound. Dont like the tinny HiFreq sound from some JBL / Poineer speakers/tweeters
- Mid - Highs should be natural with enough body and without any shrilling/tinny sound

Current Plan:
------------
- Components for Front doors. Most probably I will go for actives and will not be using the supplied XOver. Max budget : 8K with a slight buffer if required. From the reviews, Infinity Reference and Polk DB seems to be shrill/forward sounding, but not yet heard.

- Optional : old pioneer coaxials for the back door

- Front / Back / Boot doors damping (DIY "Yoga mats or bitumen sheets). If possible, roof and platform also (not now).

- A 4 Channel amp for the front components 6K Max (Flexible).

- A Mono / a bridgable 2 channel amp for the subwoofer (80-100w is more than enough)

- HU will be a CarPC and I will be using the s/w based Xovers along with a dedicated sound card + 7" Touchscreen (dash mounted). Need to check the feasibility of a second screen (15-17") for the passengers (roof mounted) either for video / net surfing.

- Subwoofer : Finalised. JBL 8" GTO 804 (Tapped Horn subwoofer)

I need to find the best sounding components and amps and if possible please guide me if you know any dealer who can give genuine equipment with best price.

Note : Priority is only for SQ not SPL.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Got the following price list from Favara, near Kundenahalli Gate, B'lore:

- JBL 4 channel amp GTX 646 / 644 (not sure about the model number) : 5500/-
- JBL 2 channel amp GTX424 : 3000/-
- Infinity Reference Components : 8K
- Polk DB components : 9K

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Thanks Umang for the link, will go thru' that.
First, I need to finalise the best speakers and amps which suits me.

BTW, where can I audition the components and amps in bangalore (esp whitefield area)

If you don't really like too much of the sound and you want to run slow music I'd suggest you to get decent pair of 6x9" Sony/Kenwood/JBL/Alpine

In front 6" speakers - Xplode / Fusion/ Alpine

Amp - Get a 4.1 channel if you like from alpine ( not too high RMS) saves you alot of money

4.1 channel - high RMS if you are thinking to upgrade to a sub sooner or later

Whatever headunit you get make sure it has RCA out suitable for the type of AMP your getting. nice n easy ( you can use splitters too not a big deal)

Thread Starter #7
If you don't really like too much of the sound and you want to run slow music I'd suggest you to get decent pair of 6x9" Sony/Kenwood/JBL/Alpine

In front 6" speakers - Xplode / Fusion/ Alpine

Amp - Get a 4.1 channel if you like from alpine ( not too high RMS) saves you alot of money

4.1 channel - high RMS if you are thinking to upgrade to a sub sooner or later

Whatever headunit you get make sure it has RCA out suitable for the type of AMP your getting. nice n easy ( you can use splitters too not a big deal)
I had clearly mentioned that the prime importance is SQ.

Bought the Hertz HE4 4 channel amp

Following are the speakers / component list:
- HAT Imagine
- Helix E62C
- PHD CF6.1
- Rainbow DLC6.2 Dreamline
- Gladen M165

Top Bottom