Suggestions For Child Seats

Thread Starter #1
i will be getting baleno by July end , and i need 2 child seats , one for my baby boy who is 3 year old. and another for my baby girl , she is just 5 month.

i will be getting baleno by July end , and i need 2 child seats , one for my baby boy who is 3 year old. and another for my baby girl , she is just 5 month.
Appreciate your decision to use child seats for kids [clap]. I happened to see quite a few reputed child seat brands at Babyoye store in a mall nearby. You could pay a visit to their store in your city to check them out.

Akash covered almost everything you need to know and follow. My few paisa's here:

- Check if your rear seat fits two child seats and an adult (assuming they will need company).
- Check if your car has ISOFIX/LATCH hooks to quickly install/remove seats on the go. Otherwise you may need to buy locking clips (a.k.a. H clips) based on your seat belt retracting mechanism.
- Stores usually have display pieces of child seats. Do not hesitate to ask for an installation/demo of them in your car before deciding. That way you will know how it looks/fits in your car as well as your kids.
- Your elder son is better seated in rear facing seat as long as his height allows (minimum 1 inch space between head and top of seat). You can also opt for convertible seats which can be used as booster seats as your kids grow.

I use a Graco SnugRide 30 for my 1 year old toddler girl and find it cumbersome to install without ISOFIX on my Tiago.

Normally children do not sit a one place for long time in car, that too with seat belt.
Although we should teach them to understand the importance of seat belt, but you know... [;)]

Child seat cost too much and can't be used for too long period coz of its capacity/size for different age groups. So instead of buying a new one rather buy a used from OLX, QUIKR. If you are lucky, so you child sits calm and quite on one place then buy other either new or used.

Congrats on your new car and special congrats for opting to buy child seat [clap] which most of them ignore.

Do check this out. Using this for the past one year and its very useful.
R for Rabbit Jack N Jill Convertible Car Seat Online in India, Buy at Best Price from Firstcry.com - 598839
Hi Godfather,
I was eyeing on this car seat earlier and backed off due to my unanswered questions. Hope you won't mind helping me out [:)]

- How do we use this on cars without ISOFIX/LATCH?
- Do we need a H clip (Locking Clip) to install using seat belt? If so, do they provide one with this model?
- Does the user manual state anything about baby's height requirements? The website doesn't mention it but my 1 yr old toddler girl is already 75cm tall and close to max out on my Graco car seat (which recommends not to use when baby's head is under 1 inch distance from the top of car seat).
- Does this seat come with a detachable seat base that can be permanently attached in the car? This will let us install/remove the seat real quick without having to deal with seat belts every time.

Thanks in advance!

Thread Starter #8
Thanks Guys , i know it will be a difficult task for me to force them to sit on child seats.
But frankly i dont have any choice , my wife cant hold both my kids together. so first thing is i need to have a child seat for my 5 month old baby girl.

Congrats on your new car and special congrats for opting to buy child seat [clap] which most of them ignore.

Do check this out. Using this for the past one year and its very useful.
R for Rabbit Jack N Jill Convertible Car Seat Online in India, Buy at Best Price from Firstcry.com - 598839
I had read the specs , if i understand correctly , this can be used for all age group..?

And i dont under stand why we have to rear face the infant children..?

I had read the specs , if i understand correctly , this can be used for all age group..?
This seat should not be used when baby reaches 4years/18kilos whichever happens first.
This is for their safety, just lookup youtube for crash tests on rear/forward child seats.

It can be used for child upto 4 years.
The greatest fear, if child is not rear facing, is internal decapitation. During crash, a child's spinal cord stretches to 2 inches, whereas only 1/4 inch is enough to sever the spinal cord near the neck back (Cervical Spine).

Hi Godfather,
I was eyeing on this car seat earlier and backed off due to my unanswered questions. Hope you won't mind helping me out [:)]

- How do we use this on cars without ISOFIX/LATCH?
- Do we need a H clip (Locking Clip) to install using seat belt? If so, do they provide one with this model?
- Does the user manual state anything about baby's height requirements? The website doesn't mention it but my 1 yr old toddler girl is already 75cm tall and close to max out on my Graco car seat (which recommends not to use when baby's head is under 1 inch distance from the top of car seat).
- Does this seat come with a detachable seat base that can be permanently attached in the car? This will let us install/remove the seat real quick without having to deal with seat belts every time.

Thanks in advance!
Hey sorry for the delayed response here.

Well, this baby seat can be latched onto the car seats without much effort. You can use the normal rear seat belt to fix the baby seat and it glues on pretty nicely. Just unlatch the seat belt and you can easily detach the unit from the car. My toddler is close to 80cms and he snugs in well. This unit can be used till age of 4 according to the manual but i presume it would work well till 3 or 3.5 and body weight of say max upto 20kgs.

While i am searching through google , i found one more which specific to infants

Buy Picaboo - Infant Car Seat cum Carry Cot from R for Rabbit Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

which will be more comfortable..?
The product which i am using is better than this as it can be used max up to 4 years. The unit which you have mentioned is best suited for infants and then the manual itself says that it can be used for a max 15 month old baby.

Thread Starter #13
The product which i am using is better than this as it can be used max up to 4 years. The unit which you have mentioned is best suited for infants and then the manual itself says that it can be used for a max 15 month old baby.
Did you used this product for your kid when baby was infant? Does it have good head support? in the pics i am feeling as we can't make baby in sleeping posture in that seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you used this product for your kid when baby was infant..? , does it have good head support..? i n the pics i am feeling as we cant make baby in sleeping posture in that seat.
Yes i have started using this when my boy was 6 months old. It comes with a good posture and also got a reclining angle which makes them sleep at a faster pace.

Top Bottom