Suggestions For Child Seats

One more doubt , can we use this in front seat..?
Technically yes, it can be used in any seat position with a belt mechanism. But from a safety stand point, it is highly recommended not to put infants in front seats at least until they grow up above 20 kilos.

One more doubt , can we use this in front seat..?
If your car comes with frontal airbags then strict NO as the airbag deployment could turn fatal. Even otherwise, its best to use the child seat at the rear as it provides added protection to your little one.

Thread Starter #18
If your car comes with frontal airbags then strict NO as the airbag deployment could turn fatal. Even otherwise, its best to use the child seat at the rear as it provides added protection to your little one.
even for the front facing child seats [for my elder one]...?

even for the front facing child seats [for my elder one]...?
@Godfather : any input , for above query..?
If you have to put him/her in front, ensure that the front seat is pushed back as far back as possible (preferably out of airbag range) and secure him/her properly. Remember airbags are basically controlled explosion and the inflation speed can go upto 300 kmph.

Last edited:
Hi Godfather,

Is the R for Rabbit (Jack N Jill)child seat having a provision (slots, hooks etc) to attach it to a ISOFIX seat ?
I don't think it has an ISOFIX slot. You have to use the seat belt to latch this unit to the main car seat. I have sold this product and now looking for a bigger one as i was finding it increasingly difficult to fasten the belts around my boy. He has turned 2.5 years now and weighs 15kg.

I don't think it has an ISOFIX slot. You have to use the seat belt to latch this unit to the main car seat. I have sold this product and now looking for a bigger one as i was finding it increasingly difficult to fasten the belts around my boy. He has turned 2.5 years now and weighs 15kg.
Ok.. Thanks for the Info. I realized just a day back that my Baleno was having ISOFIX slot and I already ordered R for Rabbit Jack n Jill seat.

Hi Godfather,

Is the R for Rabbit (Jack N Jill)child seat having a provision (slots, hooks etc) to attach it to a ISOFIX seat ?
Nope, it is not ISOFIX compatible, need to use three point seat belt mechanism to secure it in place. However, it was not a tight fit for me so I returned back to Amazon. Using Babyoye Cosmo SP child seat for my 21 month old toddler girl now.

Please do let us know what you pick. I have always liked the Chicco Gro Up 123 but was very expensive at 15K+.

Ok.. Thanks for the Info. I realized just a day back that my Baleno was having ISOFIX slot and I already ordered R for Rabbit Jack n Jill seat.
Please also make sure to match your child's height/weight parameters with the seat. IMO the child seat should be securely fixed with not more than 1 inch free movement.

Ok..
I have placed a cancellation of the order as it wasn't shipped yet and re thinking on this.
Do you have any suggestions /idea if a normal child seat can be purchased and we use some kind of latches or connectors to fit to ISOFIX for additional safety. My Kid soon will be turning 1 yr old.

Do you have any suggestions /idea if a normal child seat can be purchased and we use some kind of latches or connectors to fit to ISOFIX for additional safety.
As far as I know, ISOFIX or LATCH does not offer any additional safety in itself. It only makes the installation easier and fool proof than other methods. You may want to check out my child seat review thread here.
My Kid soon will be turning 1 yr old.
If budget permits, I would strongly recommend Graco, Chicco and the likes for your child. Most of them can be installed both rear and forward facing (typically when the child turns 2 years). I am somehow very apprehensive of unknown Chinese products in the safety area.

Last edited:
As far as I know, ISOFIX or LATCH does not offer any additional safety in itself. It only makes the installation easier and fool proof than other methods. You may want to check out my child seat review thread here.

Your review was very nice :) Guess it will help my decision process

If budget permits, I would strongly recommend Graco, Chicco and the likes for your child. Most of them can be installed both rear and forward facing (typically when the child turns 2 years). I am somehow very apprehensive of unknown Chinese products in the safety area.
I didn't consider Chicco as I felt it is more expensive. Do you think its worth to go for it ?

I didn't consider Chicco as I felt it is more expensive. Do you think its worth to go for it ?
It is expensive, probably due to customs and logistics overheads. I have seen them in Babyoye store and it does feel a lot better than less expensive ones I tried online (LuvLap, R for Rabbit). However, I feel Babyoye branded ones are fairly reasonably priced, at least here in Coimbatore.

It is expensive, probably due to customs and logistics overheads. I have seen them in Babyoye store and it does feel a lot better than less expensive ones I tried online (LuvLap, R for Rabbit). However, I feel Babyoye branded ones are fairly reasonably priced, at least here in Coimbatore.

Top Bottom