Suggestions for a new phone within 10k

Guys, don't know whether this is worth to share. I already have Nokia E51 this is my primary phone. Last day Iwas looking for a second phone, preferably with dual SIM. I happen to hit with for Indian brands Micromax, Karbonn, Onida and Videocon. I could imagine that perhaps these mobiles are re badged mobiles produced else where. However, considering the price, features on offer and warranty; I think these Indian products are worth buy!

Guys, don't know whether this is worth to share. I already have Nokia E51 this is my primary phone. Last day Iwas looking for a second phone, preferably with dual SIM. I happen to hit with for Indian brands Micromax, Karbonn, Onida and Videocon. I could imagine that perhaps these mobiles are re badged mobiles produced else where. However, considering the price, features on offer and warranty; I think these Indian products are worth buy!
Rebadged? Really?:eek: That's shocking!

Rebadged? Really?:eek: That's shocking!
You may be remembering that at one point of time, our market was flodded with Chinese mobiles. However these mobiles were banned as they never had a IMEI number. There was an article on this (I will try to find the links) some time back about this. Indians are so cleaver that they picked this untapped business model. I am not sure how many of these mobile manufacturers has their production facility in India. But for sure they will have some assembly units or some thing like that. But nothing to worry even if this is made some were else. These products come through strict quality control as it can affect the brand image. This is the global business model. Probably you are aware that Apple products are manufactured in the same way in china and Japan.

These Indian brands are available in Copenhagen?
Impressive[clap]
These brands are not available here (though I would like them to be here). I was doing my research as I am preparing to come back!

Our member Ilango here is having a Videocon mobile , maybe he can share with us more about that mobile and Videocon in general.

One of my friend is having Karbonn and that is also good , not bad!

Thread Starter #37
Update:
Bought Samsung TouchWiz, SGH F480i.
Since i couldnt find any good options in the Non touch screen segment i considered touch ones and found Samsung to be the best.
Here are some of the features which made me buy this set.

1. Its a 3G phone which means better browsing capabilities.
2. MP Camera with Auto Focus and LED flash(Just love the clarity of pictures).
3. Responsive touch screen.
4. Great music output.

Thread Starter #39
EDIT

Update:
Bought Samsung TouchWiz, SGH F480i.
Since i couldnt find any good options in the Non touch screen segment i considered touch ones and found Samsung to be the best.
Here are some of the features which made me buy this set.

1. Its a 3G phone which means better browsing capabilities.
2. 5MP Camera with Auto Focus and LED flash(Just love the clarity of pictures).
3. Responsive touch screen.
4. Great music output.

Thanks Arkin, i had to shell out 10,600bucks(including 4GB memeory card) for this one. I have

Thread Starter #41
Well earphones are similar to the ones which come with SE walkman series. The vaccum or airtight ones.

Samsung phones are good and priced well. But its main drawback is they launch too many phones and the latest model you buy today will become old before you know it. The price drops real fast, so does its value.

Thread Starter #43
Samsung phones are good and priced well. But its main drawback is they launch too many phones and the latest model you buy today will become old before you know it. The price drops real fast, so does its value.
Doesnt matter to me since i wont be selling my phone. Actually i am still using my 3 years old Nokia N73 ME along with the new samsung.

Yeah. About 10 models that cost around Rs10k!

Top Bottom