Suggestion Required for New SUV: Budget Rs.14.5 Lakh (Bought XUV 5OO W8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys,
We are looking to buy a new car and we are in the same dilemma which most of us go through “Which Car”. We currently have a Maruti 800 which we use for our day to day needs and local running. We had a Tata Indigo which was sold 2 months back. Now we are looking for a sedan which will be used for out of town and long trips. So basically it will be used 80% time on the highways.

Budget: 11 Lacs Max (OTR)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Body Type: Sedan

Priorities:
- Driver and passenger comfort, decent legroom.
- ABS, Airbags, EBD (If possible).
- Nice handling, good boot space.
- Manual transmission.
- Alloy Wheels.
- Immobiliser.
- Steering mounted audio controls (not a top priority though).
- Good A.S.S
- Good FE (since it will be used more on the highways).

Usage:
This vehicle will be used for our long trips and will have most probably 3 passengers and 4 when I am in India.

350Z

Core Team
re: Suggestions Needed for a New Car: Budget Rs.8 -14.5 Lakhs

How about considering the Volkswagen Vento? It fits the bill well and ticks all those check boxes. You won’t regret the decision of owning a fine piece of German engineering. Highline costs around Rs.11.48 Lakh in Noida. The maintenance costs would be on a higher side though. Here are links to some of the ownership reviews:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...come-my-volkswagen-vento.html?highlight=vento

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...en-vento-highline-diesel.html?highlight=vento

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-diesel-2012-terra-beige.html?highlight=vento

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...idic-verna-germany-vento.html?highlight=vento

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...olkswagen-vento-highline.html?highlight=vento

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Suggestions needed for a new car: Budget 8-11 Lakhs

Hi Singh,

Your requirements clears points way towards diesel mill. [:)]

Following are the options which i feel are apt for ya.

1. Fiesta Sxi --> Goes well in all aspects. Please do check the legroom as many are not satisfied in that matter. Even in new fiesta this problem is in.
2. Skoda Rapid -> Though i am not very sure about this, you can TD and also let is know.
3. VW vento --> please check these reviews which vibhor mentioned. I would say a +1 to this option as well.
4. Hyundai Verna Fluidic --> best for buck. Give a TD. Go if you like.
5. if you could stretch your budget a bit, Corolla Altis is one great option to look at.

Cheers,
Marun

Thread Starter #4

How about considering the Volkswagen Vento? It fits the bill well and ticks all those check boxes. You won’t regret the decision of owning a fine piece of German engineering. Highline costs around Rs.11.48 Lakh in Noida. The maintenance costs would be on a higher side though. Here are links to some of the ownership reviews:
Thanks Sirji. Will definitely look into these ownership threads and tell my dad to go ahead and TD the Vento.

Hi Singh,

1. Fiesta Sxi --> Goes well in all aspects. Please do check the legroom as many are not satisfied in that matter. Even in new fiesta this problem is in.
2. Skoda Rapid -> Though i am not very sure about this, you can TD and also let is know.
3. VW vento --> please check these reviews which vibhor mentioned. I would say a +1 to this option as well.
5. if you could stretch your budget a bit, Corolla Altis is one great option to look at.

Cheers,
Marun
Thanks buddy. will keep updating the thread as we move ahead.

And i won't be able to take the TD as i am in US. So it's probably gonna be my dad and younger brother.

350Z

Core Team

That’s true. If the rear seat comfort can be overlooked – New Fiesta is worth considering option. Top end fits well with in the budget of Rs.11 Lakh and offers a nice blend of mileage and features. Undoubtedly one of the best highway cars in this segment. So I conclude on two cars: Volkswagen Vento and New Ford Fiesta.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Or check out Manza and you will end up saving at least 3L which can fetch you decent money over a period of time if invested, What say?

Thread Starter #7

Hi Singh,

Cheers,
Marun
Thanks buddy for the options. But i was searching for the Fiesta SXi on carwale as well as ford homepage. It does not show Sxi, but it does show Lxi and CLxi.

That’s true. If the rear seat comfort can be overlooked – New Fiesta is worth considering option. Top end fits well with in the budget of Rs.11 Lakh and offers a nice blend of mileage and features. Undoubtedly one of the best highway cars in this segment. So I conclude on two cars: Volkswagen Vento and New Ford Fiesta.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Don't know about the new Fiesta sirji but Vento is definitely in the race as of now. Will be looking online and discover more about the new Fiesta.

Or check out Manza and you will end up saving at least 3L which can fetch you decent money over a period of time if invested, What say?
That's true buddy but the thing with Manza is A.S.S but yes looking for this option as well.

Hi Singh,

Sorry for the confusion. Sxi was a older version. Do check Tdci Titanium version.
will come 9 OTR. [:)]

Thanks buddy for the options. But i was searching for the Fiesta SXi on carwale as well as ford homepage. It does not show Sxi, but it does show Lxi and CLxi.

Don't know about the new Fiesta sirji but Vento is definitely in the race as of now. Will be looking online and discover more about the new Fiesta.

@Singh:
I'd recommend only two cars-Vento and even more recommended will be Rapid as Rapid is far far better than Vento also when it comes to highway manners.
Your brother will be driving the car(as usual,the young guys end up driving for most of the time) for most of the time and he will always find Rapid more fun-to-drive than Vento.

And yes,get the car registered either from Uttarakhand,Haryana or Delhi,not in UP.This will help you save at least 30-40k and even 50k too.

BTW have you kept the used car option too open for you?If yes,then for 11 lac you can get some cars like Laura TDi,Corolla Altis D-4D,VW Jetta(new one) or Chevrolet Cruze.

Last edited:

Hello Singh890,
I am also of the opinion that either a Skoda Rapid or a VW Vento would be the best option you could go for.
Since both the cars gives you almost same features at prices in par with each other, I would suggest you to stress on After Sales Service availability and choose the best.

Thread Starter #12

Hi Singh,

Sorry for the confusion. Sxi was a older version. Do check Tdci Titanium version.
will come 9 OTR. [:)]
Yes i will be looking into the Tdci Titanium. The thing about new and older fiesta is that i like the looks of the older version but the new one offers a lot more than the previous one.

@Singh:
I'd recommend only two cars-Vento and even more recommended will be Rapid as Rapid is far far better than Vento also when it comes to highway manners.
Your brother will be driving the car(as usual,the young guys end up driving for most of the time) for most of the time and he will always find Rapid more fun-to-drive than Vento.
I like both these cars and they produce good amount of torque as well in that segment. My dad has asked me to come up with a list of all cars in this segment and within our budget and mark my choices and give it to him. And then he will go with my brother and take a TD.

And yes,get the car registered either from Uttarakhand,Haryana or Delhi,not in UP.This will help you save at least 30-40k and even 50k too.
Yes sir definitely. We will be getting the car from Faridabad (HR). And we might actually get 2 cars. One for us and another one for our uncle (mamaji).

And i have even booked my R15 from HR now.

BTW have you kept the used car option too open for you?If yes,then for 11 lac you can get some cars like Laura TDi,Corolla Altis D-4D,VW Jetta(new one) or Chevrolet Cruze.
No buddy we are only looking for new cars. I don't want to spend 10L on a used car. Though you are right i can get pretty nice rides like Laura which is one of my favorite car. If i had an option to buy a sedan with 15-18L in hand than i won't even bother looking at other options. I just love that car.

Hello Singh890,
I am also of the opinion that either a Skoda Rapid or a VW Vento would be the best option you could go for.
Since both the cars gives you almost same features at prices in par with each other, I would suggest you to stress on After Sales Service availability and choose the best.
Now this is something where Vento can beat the Skoda A.S.S. But we will definitely give a look to Rapid and tell my dad to take a TD.

How about Linea?
My brother and mom don't like the Linea. And on the other hand don't know if the spare parts and all will be easily available or not.

350Z

Core Team

You can perhaps check out one in the US itself for a basic idea. The sole reason I didn't recommend one is the interiors (Read rear) which is not in the league of sedans of the same segment. But on sportiness and driving dynamics, it’s sure miles ahead. Anyways here are a few useful links related to New Fiesta:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...rshift-road-test-review.html?highlight=fiesta

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-mumbai-bangalore-drive.html?highlight=fiesta

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...res-review-pg-8-onwards.html?highlight=fiesta

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #14

You can perhaps check out one in the US itself for a basic idea. The sole reason I didn't recommend one is the interiors (Read rear) which is not in the league of sedans of the same segment. But on sportiness and driving dynamics, it’s sure miles ahead. Anyways here are a few useful links related to New Fiesta:
Thanks again sirji. And yes you right, i can check the new Fiesta in US itself, didn't struck my mind[:)]

Skoda A.S.S is that bad?Really?
Now I am thinking how can I tell lacs of people that since last 2-3 years Skoda has improved a lot.
After the arrival of VW,the spares are now reasonably priced,spare part availability is no more an issue and no doubt the service guys are good.At least in the dealerships here in NCR.
BTW,how many guys say FORD A.S.S. is good?I am always doubtful on it just like Fiat.

@Singh:Buddy,fiesta is one gem of a car which offers fantastic driveability with nearly negligible turbo lag and fantastic handling with a very responsive,accurate and well weighed steering.But one thing where Fiesta loses in front of Rapid and Vento is when you need the 'real' power.Like while going on hilly routes,on high speed corridors of our highways(only few are there) and of course the seating comfort at the rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom