Suggestion Regarding: Maruti Wagon-R VXi (2011) Music System

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I am new to this community and a newbie in terms of audio components so please help me improve in this area. I own a Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Vxi ( 2011 ) that came with a custom fit Nippon HU and i think Stock speakers(not sure about make and type of speakers).
I have developed a taste for music with a little extra bass and very small audio frequencies which I can enjoy on a pair of earphones but not in the car system. Hence I am looking for a system upgrade. I heard JBL Gto609C & GT-BASSPRO12 are from JBL are good for bass and clear sounds, still if you have another decent product in mind please do suggest. I don't even know how much foreman or garage guy will charge for exchanging or replacing this audio systems. M on my own. Sorry for that [cry]

I have a budget of INR 20000-25000. I would really be glad if I can get that extra bass by just installing good quality speakers with a decent amplifier or HU which even look Dash after installing. Also advise on the position of speakers as the default position of speakers is in all 4 doors. ( Do i need to update those all 4 speakers for bass and good vocals , I am really die-hard fan of Music and when it comes to music i can spend plenty of, plus in adding this is my first time car experience as i didn't bought any cars in past, so i look forward from you guys. ( Planning to install CNG kit in future so advice in that way )[:)]

Also advise if the Nippon HU would be capable enough to drive the subwoofer with an amp or the HU needs an upgrade. A point here is that I do not want to change the HU as I really like the look and grace that it provides to the front panel.

My apologies for so many questions or if I forgot to mention any specific detail. Would really appreciate all the help that I can get, and ignore my bad english :) [confused]

Attachments

Happy to know that we are having same music taste. Did you finally install sub-woofer in your car?

If not, I will suggest you to go for a 4 Channel amp and Sub-woofer. So that you can power the woofer and upgrade the speakers as well, while keeping the stock head-unit.

Don't forget to buy an amp with line-in as the stock HU doesn't have sub-woofer output.

Seems like a good build. Could you please share the details of your setup?
Have you not done dampening of the doors? Able to hear a few rattles (i think), may be coz of the Youtube video compression algorithms.
There is no dampening done, but the rattling is only noticeable when played in high volume. This video has lot more compression as it was once shared in whatsapp before upload. You can watch & listen a direct upload below, which is better in sound quality.

There is no mod done to the stock music systems, just the addition of the amp and woofer. The amp gets signal from the rear speaker wires, as there is no subwoofer preout in the stock HU. My amp is capable of speaker level input.

Amplifier : Sony XM-N1004 4-Channel
Woofer : Kenwood KFC-W3010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-tHF7mfOls&feature=youtu.be

There is no dampening done, but the rattling is only noticeable when played in high volume. This video has lot more compression as it was once shared in whatsapp before upload. You can watch & listen a direct upload below, which is better in sound quality.
Yes, this one definitely sound much better. I assume you have a ported sub-woofer.

Amplifier : Sony XM-N1004 4-Channel
Woofer : Kenwood KFC-W3010
Any particular reason for selecting Kenwood sub? Havent seen many doing that. May be am mistaken, but I thought they did a much better job at making HUs and Amps, rather than Subs, it has never been their strong area.
Also many would have gone for a Sony Sub; seems like you have inversed the equation altogether in your build, any reason for that? (no offence meant, just an observation [:)])

Top Bottom