Suggestion on Hogenakkal Trip. Planning for Coming Weekend.

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

We( My wife, Two Cousins and I) are planning for Hogenakkal Trip in coming long weekend. Kindly advice on the following:

1: How is road to Travel by Bikes, we are four members on Two Karizma ZMR bike.

2: Which is the best route?

3: We are planning to start by 6am and my house is near electronics city only. So can we return home by 8PM.

Thanks,

Re: Suggestion on Hogenakkal Trip planning for coming weekend

Buddy,

Today I saw the News, that the entry near falls are restricted due to heavy waterflow.

Please confirm the situation there before you start.

Hello Ertiga,

Are you not travelling in your Ertiga to Hogenakkal? Anyways there are two routes.

1. Bangalore - Hosur - Denkanikottai - Anchetty - Hogenakkal

From Hosur it is state highways. The roads are good at most section but somewhere near Anchetty it was broken for 3-5 Kms less than a year ago. The road is scenic, have some hair pin bends. You need to cross a forest check post close to Anchetty where they will note your car registration number and ask for Rs.20. You will be travelling through jungle, possibilities to see elephants. I won't advise this route during evening or night return journey.

2. Bangalore - Hosur - Rayakottai - Palakodu - Pennagaram - Hogenakkal.

The roads are in best condition where you can steadily maintain 80KMPH. There won't be any trouble taking this route, but I guess this is little longer than the previous route.

My suggestion is take the first route morning. You will cross the streams somewhere before Hogenakkal. You can park your vehicle on the bank and enjoy in the stream. While returning you can take the second route.

Happy and Safe journey.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback, but trip is most likely to be cancelled as I am down with Viral.

My Ertiga is yet to deliver and top of that I love bike riding

The best route is this as mentioned by Ram
Bangalore - Hosur - Rayakottai - Palakodu - Pennagaram - Hogenakkal.
However i don't know the condition of this road as it has been over a year since i went through this road. But be aware this road has visitors(elephants especially near Rayakottai) frequently.

The best route would be:
Bangalore - Hosur - Denkanikotta - Anchetti - Hogenekkal 125 KMs
All the route is freshly laid tarmac. fresh as in 2 years fresh. Goes through the forest, nice pleasant and scenic and some twisties sections.

Can go via Anekal and Thali as well, if you want to see more villages. You have to take a V turn just before Thali to be on the right track.

If you have more time and want to go trough even more interior route then,
Bangalore-Kanakpura-Anchetty-Hoggenekkal. Around 150 kms Roads are decent
After kanakpura go towards sangam for 4 kms and take left at a t junction.

Top Bottom