Suggestion Needed for a New Car Under 12 Lac.

Hey ParC. Nice and crisp TD reviews. I think the Honda Jazz might fit your requirement as though it is hatback, the boot space and other functionality are as good as sedan. Not sure how the numbers would look like when we compare the Jazz boot with New Swift Dezire boot.

Also, the Punto and Fabia could fit the requirement. Pls do not spend extra money just for the sake of owning the Sedan or SUV. But If your heart says to go for SUV then dont let your mind think. Just do it as soon as possible otherwise mind always wins over heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #32
@Iron Rock:I loved the way you presented your views,they were simply very humorous.It looks like you are some kind of writer.Took your advise and I think I fell in all the categories as with the mood I also keep on changing.
But yes,let me again remind you guys.I have no problem with SUVs too,I can drive them,park them,reverse them and of course enjoy them like you people do.I mentioned this because whoever I am telling I want to buy SUV,most of the people are declaring me insane saying"I must buy a Swift or City,they are good for girls".
And yes,I am really more confused now.I like every car I drove but can't buy all of them!!

@TSIVipul:You are in an even more tougher situation than me,but at least I can't help you here.You asked it to correct person,it looks like @Iron Rock(ROCKy bhai for you) knows a lot about women,he may help you out better way.

@Gurrala:Who said I don't want to buy Yeti?I want to buy it with 4X4 and the 4X4 elegance is quite expensive even after the offers.Still its above 17.5 lacs on-road Delhi.Still if my father and brother show some more love to their only daughter and sister then I may go for Yeti too.Else I myself ca go only for a car till 10-12 lac maximum that also after too much stretching my budget.

@Praf:Thanks a lot for praising it,actually Jazz is also in my list,when I go to test hatchback cars then I will test it.

@Iron Rock:I loved the way you presented your views,they were simply very humorous.It looks like you are some kind of writer.Took your advise and I think I fell in all the categories as with the mood I also keep on changing.
But yes,let me again remind you guys.I have no problem with SUVs too,I can drive them,park them,reverse them and of course enjoy them like you people do.I mentioned this because whoever I am telling I want to buy SUV,most of the people are declaring me insane saying"I must buy a Swift or City,they are good for girls".
And yes,I am really more confused now.I like every car I drove but can't buy all of them!!
Dont go with what people say. I have seen many girls driving safaris and Force One (one of my friend drives this). So dont worry. Go by your heart and make sure you make a good choice.

Yes i myself keep wishing i have different cars for different days of the week and different moods/ seasons/occasions !

Having read your other thread about female drivers in india and considering your emotions there, i would suggest you go ahead and break the shackles and buy a SUV - you might not need it, it might be too big for your use. But there are something that need not be governed with the head. Go ahead and command your respect - get an SUV when you have the budget.
It would be fun to drive a brutish SUV in front of the person who recommended you a swift just because you were a girl. Breaking norms is fun!

Hey ParC, nicely Written review's, never listen too much to what other's has to say just believe in your heart and jump into it, Even Girl's can make SUV look good[;)]

Thread Starter #36
@Iron Rock:Your words were really very convincing.I think you really need to be a writer.
But I have an another issue,in an year or two I'll be getting married and considering the thinking of our society I am thinking how will any family feel seeing that their to-be-BAHU drives an SUV while their son drives a hatchback or sedan!![;)]

@Visran:Thanks a lot,dunno why but I feel that girls look even more beautiful if they drive an SUV.

@TSIVipul:Suddenly you became a part of nearly every post of mine but still thanks a lot for the test drive of Laura TSI.My brother took it instead of me(my office kept me stuck)but he is also lost in the Laura TSI and has now forgot every other car.

Now let me present other four reviews:Honda City,Honda Civic,Ford Fiesta and Skoda Laura TSI.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #37
It takes a lot of thinking for writing a test drive review,in fact its really tougher than even the test drive itself.

Honda City:Since I haven't driven Honda City anytime before so the car was completely new for me.I opened the door and sat inside and the first feeling was sportiness.The steering wheel felt very sporty and though the steering was just one way adjustable but still driving position was fantastic.
Though the interior was looking fine but it looked quite hollow,there was a feeling like its not that well built as of Safari or Aria,but then they are SUVs.
But yes,the interior was very functional and the absence of CD player was really something important missing.

I started the car and WOW,it was very silent,very calm and in fact there was no feeling like the car is started.Clutch was light,steering was very responsive and confident and everything was perfectly placed,just like a perfect driver's car should be.I liked everything,after that I engaged the first gear and again WOW even gear lever was also very positive,nothing like a rubber lever feeling.As soon as I depressed the clutch the engine gave the way,again same.Then I launched the car on half clutch in high rpm and it started moving.In other words launching the car was really tricky and needed an expert foot.
Soon the car was moving and it was very very much fun to drive,steering was perfect,braked,clutch,gear everything was perfect.
Then I again started pushing the car in second gear and amazingly this car was feeling more and more powerful with rising rpm and I think it had all 2000-6000 rpms of power in which above 3500 rpm the engine was really very very powerful.

Honda Civic:Either its inside or outside,wherever you look you will say just one word 'beautiful'.This car looks fabulous from every corner.I opened the door and now this was an even more wide eyed WOW.Though I have driven the Civic in US but it was just once and that also for a short distance.The dashboard was fantastically finished and design was like of something alien,no-this can't be a car.I could have even bet on it.
Only the A.V vent in the middle felt like its oddly placed in the plain part of the dashboard.Again same a Honda City,everything was simply perfect.Started the car and found it to be super silent,mind blowing car it was.
Even power build-up was also exactly same as of City but the lower rpm response of this engine felt just like City.It took no time in getting stuck,again it needed an expert foot.This may be painful to drive in dense city traffic or even while slow speed reversing.

Ford Fiesta Classic Petrol:After entering this car,I just felt like this car isn't there.Honda City felt far richer and more spacious.Still this car was a driver's delight.Its engine was not so weak like of Honda City and the response was also good.In fact this was the only car which had a power rpm range from 1000-6500 rpm.It felt very good but still everything else felt like a let down.
Though this car is priced very well but still no voice came from my heart on thinking about this car.It was a fantastic car with great driving pleasure but still I and my brother both of us felt like this car is a bit too small.So we rejected this car in no time,even new Fiesta was also rejected after we sat in a display vehicle at dealership.

Skoda Laura TSI:Who said test drives cannot come via PM?
Today I got a PM from TSI asking if I need a test drive of Laura TSI.Though I was stuck in office but my brother went to Fahrenheit Motors where his car was going through some minor repair.His chauffeur provided a good long test drive and since I haven't done it myself so I will repeat the words of my brother only.
After the test drive of Laura TSI,he is already sold on the car and is insisting for not testing any car but booking the Laura tomorrow itself.This car is having good offers too,but then Civic is also having some offers.The seating etc is great,handling is great and car is very strongly built too and performance is mind blowing.
I have mentioned what I have heard..

It was all,I have to test 2-3 more cars and will book my car soon.

Parc here are a few cents from my side to add to the chaos :-
Your requirements are pretty clear and your running is low so crucially fuel type/FE doesnt matter as long as the vehicle satisfies your zest. Also your budget is good enough for modern Sedan and SUVs, so i am not going to bother recommending a hatch(that would be only if you want to buy a hatch and save the rest for some jewellery ! ).
Very good, crispy, detailed, precise notes !![clap]

You have just ignited me by talking about Laura TSI !! Oh, once I took a TD of this sitting in rear seat[:)] and what to say the showroom guy I will never forget him for his driving skills, it was just flying an Aeroplane

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gurrala:Who said I don't want to buy Yeti?I want to buy it with 4X4 and the 4X4 elegance is quite expensive even after the offers.Still its above 17.5 lacs on-road Delhi.Still if my father and brother show some more love to their only daughter and sister then I may go for Yeti too.Else I myself ca go only for a car till 10-12 lac maximum that also after too much stretching my budget.
Oh !! You are right, but some how I felt that if you buy this, then in my next Delhi trip, I will get a chance to sit in this for some miles enjoying Yeti when a Lady Bond drives it [drive] Any way I wish that you will defenately buy a SUV !!

@Gurrala:Why don't you invite me at your place?
I will give you the joy of riding a rocket,that also on a Ritz LDi.

@Parul:
Great reviews they are and it looks like you have really learnt how to read the rev range.You have read it nearly perfect for every car.
The only car you missed is TSi but no issue,I'll PM you the name and contact number of a sales guy,his dealership has the TSi also for TD.Mine has now left for Lucknow.

Rest,it looks like now I'll also have to express my direct opinion..

Rocky:-SUV.
Gurrala:-SUV..

But I say,go for a good,fine and powerful sedan.Do you want to feel like a truck driver every winter morning?
Do you want to feel like carrying some extra load for whole time?
Are you happy with a hesitant performance where engine performs hours after you pressed the gas?
I am sure no,hence I say GO FOR TSI.. or HONDA CIVIC 1.8 V M/T.

I would say that if you can wait a little bit than wait for the Strome. And after a TD get a SUV. Driving a SUV is always fun and the respect you get on the road is just amazing. And no-one would want to mess with a girl driving a SUV[;)].

And if you want to go for a sedan i would say go for the Laura. It's just amazing, Laura has everything you need looks, power, features and comfort as well. And if you go for the diesel than FE as well. (I have no idea about the FE on the petrol version, but diesel anyday have better FE than Petrol).

^^Laura TSi delivers very good FE:-
About 10 kpl in city and about 14-15 kpl on highway.
Even if you do 180-190 kph then also it gives more then 10 kpl.While Civic gives just 6-7 kpl at 180-190.I myself has seen this in Civic's MID display.

Nice review.

If you have stalled both City and Civic, then chances are that you will stall a Laura TSI also.

It seems your driving style is more suited for diesel cars.

Low end torque of diesel cars allow us to start from stand still smoothly. Further its smooth and easy to drive a diesel in bumper to bumper City traffic.

City and Civic engines felt so silent because they are petrol engines and you were checking them after TD of heavy diesel SUVs.
{FIAT Diesel engine in Linea and Punto also seen in Manza, Vista and Swift is also silent almost like a petrol}

Let me vanish and escape before this petrol head, TSI addict jump in.

^^i-vtec and TSi both are different things.
TSi enjoys a comparatively better low and mid range while i-vtec has a brilliant top end.Rest it may be possible that Laura TSi will also be stalled because its also weak below 1000 rpm,but still stalling a Civic is the easiest thing,City comes second,Corolla comes third and then comes TSi.
BTW,Laura is about 100 kg heavier than the Civic!!

@ParC:Where is the Cruze is the?

Thread Starter #45
@Gurrala:You are any day welcome.I'll show you the Delhi as well as my driving too.

@TSI:Neither SUV drivers feel like a truck driver nor the speeds you mentioned are anywhere sane.And I am sure doing insane acts is never a sign of bravery.
Rest thanks for the feedback on Laura TSI,I heartily thank you for that but stop bashing other cars and members.There is a lot more than you like in this world.You can like a sedan but I like an SUV it gives more confident,more power and can negotiate tough terrains too.It offers a whole lot more practicality than any sedan can offer.
And yes,thanks for that tutorial that you gave too.

@Singh:Maybe you are right,I'll see when the Storme is launching.Else I am planning to book an XUV 500 W8 4X4 or 4X2 and then wait for it.If the Storme comes as a good car at a good price then I will cancel XUV and go for Storme else XUV will be mine in 4-5 months.
How is that plan?

@AutoSafari:Thanks a lot for the well explanation,now I got it even better.

Top Bottom