Suggestion Needed for a New Biker's Bike!!!

My Personnel advise here would be to go for a new bike .... learning to ride a bike is hardly a matter of few hours or days ..... and once you learn and master it throughout the city , you will then regret as to why you purchased a rattling second hand bike .... and that too if the maintenance cost is high u will regret more ........ My personnel advise is to go for Honda Shine (complete VFM) if you want a simple looking, reliable bike with good average. Suzuki slingshot is also good. Splendor and twister is too small in size ....
If you want to extent a bit more then Honda Unicorn or Suzuki GS150R

After reading all advice i am little confuse & found few bikes plz tell me which one is good for me:

1.Bajaj Platina,
2.Hero Honda CD Dawn/Deluxe,
3.Hero Honda Splendor,
4.Bajaj Discover 100/125,
5.Honda Shine,
6.Hero Honda Passion Pro,
7.Bajaj Pulsar 135,
8.Honda CB Twister,
9.Bajaj XCD.
=======

My complete cents to Honda Shine.
I donot have much inclination to Bajaj bikes

=======

My complete cents to Honda Shine.
I donot have much inclination to Bajaj bikes

True, new bikes are always good... Honda Shine must be a good one but it looks like a true uncle bike - no offense...

If the guy is 25, he has right to have some fun, but budget may be contraint.. I prefer Pulsar 135 over Honda Shine.. Under 75 K, still Pulsar 150cc is the one of the best, even he can go for Unicorn Dazzler..

True, new bikes are always good... Honda Shine must be a good one but it looks like a true uncle bike - no offense...

If the guy is 25, he has right to have some fun, but budget may be contraint.. I prefer Pulsar 135 over Honda Shine.. Under 75 K, still Pulsar 150cc is the one of the best, even he can go for Unicorn Dazzler..
Thats right ..but see his list, almost all of them are Uncle's bike , for him just practical use is of priority ... so mentioned about shine. Unicorn dazzler is good too

after all the information i have shortlisted three bikes:
1.Hero Honda Splendor,
2.Honda Shine,
3.Hero Honda Passion Pro
Though I never rode Shine but Splender and Passion are equally good bike. You can opt any one of these three bikes. It would be better to go for the bike which service centre is closer to your house or office.

My question is you want to become a "biker" as in you want to upgrade later on to a higher powered vehicle like a bullet/classic, Pulsar 200 or something else or you just want to be the usual commuter in the city & not go on to the highways for long rides. Depending on this make the right choice of bike you want to buy now to gradually get yourself to understand the power of a bike be it 100cc or a 1500cc one.

Thread Starter #25
yes i want to learn bike, but dont want to become a biker. I need this because to go near by places within 5km of my house and service center of both bajaj and honda are under my apartment...

yes i want to learn bike, but dont want to become a biker. I need this because to go near by places within 5km of my house and service center of both bajaj and honda are under my apartment...
If this is the case i would suggest you to go for Bajaj product's, as the cost of maintaining their products are much cheaper than that of Honda's.

Top Bottom