Suggestion Needed for a New Biker's Bike!!!

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends, I am new to the bikes as I have not any idea about the bike riding, but recently I want to learn riding the bike (I have ride cycle earlier but not bike), I tried to get bikes from my frineds but the are scared of getting there bike any problem so they have said me NO, but i have thought to buy a second hand bike within 25k and after learning the ride I want to modify it and keep it for atleast 1 year so please tell me which bike should I buy and what are the things should i check before buying any second bike. [glasses]

Re: Suggestion Needed for new biker bike!!!!

Hai abhisek9089,
First of all let me ask you a question,are you legally eligible to ride a bike?I mean are you above 18?[rules]

Thread Starter #7
i mean i have not seen any 100-125cc modified bike, thats why I am asking, and can any one tell me what are the things should i check before buying it and which are the best bike under 100-125cc

i mean i have not seen any 100-125cc modified bike, thats why I am asking, and can any one tell me what are the things should i check before buying it and which are the best bike under 100-125cc
there are so many good bikes in that range, it all depends up on your liking to choose the one that suites your need

* Splendor, Passion, Honda shine, Slingshot and so on.....

a bike never searches for a good biker, but some Biker's always searches for the best bike and maintain it in worst condition then calls it as worst bike

Make sure the bike is in good condition. Take your friend or someone with you so that he could ride the vehicle & see if its in good condition! Ask them for the exact mileage. Then, yeah, as usual the vehicle papers, etc.

Thread Starter #10
After reading all advice i am little confuse & found few bikes plz tell me which one is good for me:

1.Bajaj Platina,
2.Hero Honda CD Dawn/Deluxe,
3.Hero Honda Splendor,
4.Bajaj Discover 100/125,
5.Honda Shine,
6.Hero Honda Passion Pro,
7.Bajaj Pulsar 135,
8.Honda CB Twister,
9.Bajaj XCD.

After reading all advice i am little confuse & found few bikes plz tell me which one is good for me:

1.Bajaj Platina,
3.Hero Honda Splendor,
5.Honda Shine,
7.Bajaj Pulsar 135,
8.Honda CB Twister,
9.Bajaj XCD.
Reading the long list, even I got confused.
My first choice here would be Honda Shine. Or else you can go for Hero Honda Passion Pro/Splendor since its easy to ride! I am not that fond of bajaj due to their reliability issues on some vehicles. I'm not saying that other vehicles are bad, but just I'm too confused here :tongue: !

Honda Twister is easily the best bike !! No second thoughts about it !!
Even all the bike comparos put it on top. It also looks great,has great performance and is a HONDA [clap] Go for it !!

1.Bajaj Platina,
3.Hero Honda Splendor,
5.Honda Shine,
7.Bajaj Pulsar 135,
8.Honda CB Twister,
9.Bajaj XCD.
Hi Abhishek,

You can go for a new bike itself. New bike will definately give no trouble at least for 1st 3 years. But if you are intended for 2nd hand then spelder would be the best. Though I have never owned splender but it's really great 100 cc bike. My personal experience say never go for 2nd hand Bajaj bikes, I had purachased New Bajaj Calliber Croma in 2006-Sep-22 and sold it on 2006-Oct-14, the odometer reading was just 16000. The bike feteched me only Rs16000 as I prefer to xhange rather selling to any mechanic. The 2nd bike was Pulsar 150, this was the great but I sold it on 15-Nov-2011 for 22,000 that too under exchange while purchasing ZMR. Wat I observe, if you are planning for new bikes you can easily go for Bajaj as these will be fun to ride but it get aged very soon in course of 3-4 years.

Splender is just like Maruti Alto, good resale value, nice mileage and easy to maintain. Only issue it's an uncle bike.

As you mention that you are 25, then why cannot you opt for new 150cc bike segment . Even Honda Twister is seems to be great bike, it gives you mileage of 70, I never rode but ppl used to tell..

At the end you should wats your inner instincts say. Happy biking...[:D]

Top Bottom