Suggestion for ICE'ing my Punto 90HP

Thread Starter #1
Hey All,

I have been reading a lot about ICE'ing the car and now I am all confused about it. Thus will require suggestions on what would be the best solution for it.
My Car: Fiat Grande Punto 90HP

Budget Range: around 50k

Looking For: Open for all possible options, however I am sure that I need the Blue and Me functionality and Steering mounted controls

Preferred Music Type: Anything that sounds right for the mood. ;)

Current Audio Setup: Stock

Miscellaneous Details: I have a Sony 4 channel Amp and 2 Sony Xplod subs from my previous car, if its of help, dont mind replacing them if they dont fit in. Also, I have no particular choice in music, completely depends on mood, I might be listening to old bollywood music at times and might be listening to Heavy Metal, Hip Hop or Jazz. Don't mind changing the stock HU, provided Blue & Me and Steering Controls are functional.

Your Actual Query: I hate the jarring of the stock speakers. I am not an audiophile as such, however appreciate good quality music. I usually don't go too loud, except when I am with my friends driving to some nearby picnic spot, in party mood or on a long long drive (Usually I am with my friends once every 15 days and Long drives are once a month or two kind of thing, when I say long, its more than 300 km, the longest being roughly 1200km at one go). I am looking for a good setup and had come across Focal Components, which I liked a lot. Is it possible to combine the Xplod Subs and the Sony Amp in new setup? Also, I can't compromise on the entire boot space as I travel a lot and heavy too... (I am not too sure of the 12" Subs that I have as they might eat up too much of boot)

Suggestions welcome, and please ask if there is anything I am missing.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks buddy, waiting for a revert. and my hands are itching to spend something on the red beast, quite sometime since I got her and nothing till now...

You have a very good budget! I think in order to retain the Blue and Me and steering controls you will have to live with the stock HU , i am not very sure though!

I would suggest you look at Helix components , have heard very good reviews about them. Use your 4 channel amp and one sub-woofer , using two will eat up your entire boot!

Try this setup with the stock HU first if it suits you then good , if not then you will have to change the HU.

Top Bottom