Suggestion for ICE installation

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

One of my friend told me that he can help me in getting Head units in cheap rate in grey market.

is there any place in chennai or any person in chennai who can fix that in my new spark.

I think all shops will do installation only when we buy from their shops.

Can anyone help me?

Amplanning to fix the following

• Hed unit - DVD player with USB
  • LCD screen at the roof
  • Front speakers
  • Back speakers on parcel trey.
Sethu

Hi Sethu,

I don't know about Chennai but here in Ludhiana (Punjab), if we buy accessories from their shops they don't charge anything for installation and if we ask them to install our HU or something they charge for the installation. In my previous car i installed my other car's full system including HU, Speakers, Sub, Amp with wiring. They charged Rs. 500 for the installation. I bought nothing from their shop just the installation.

So just go to any accesories shop and ask them to install your HU, they will do it with installation charge.

Hi Friends,

One of my friend told me that he can help me in getting Head units in cheap rate in grey market.

is there any place in chennai or any person in chennai who can fix that in my new spark.

I think all shops will do installation only when we buy from their shops.

Can anyone help me?

Amplanning to fix the following

• Hed unit - DVD player with USB
  • LCD screen at the roof
  • Front speakers
  • Back speakers on parcel trey.
Sethu
Dont buy gray market. some original parts are being changed in gray market stuff. because of that your product will work good initially but not for long time. within 1 year you will start getting problems. and you will see they are "made in china"
I had purchased pioneer 460w speakers gray market 1 year back , and it sounds half compare to it's 1st day performance. Left those speakers for free in old car.
My friend within 1 month of my purchase bought 440w pioneer original speakers , and it's working superb till now.

in my suggestion , go for infinity / rockford speakers.
dont buy pioneer or sony. they are waste of money.

Last edited:
Sorry dear, i never been to Chennai. and i have few knowledge about the ICE Installation. than i can't share information for this..

Thread Starter #5
OK. Thank you for your comments.

I have decided to go for branded but low cost which suits my budget. I want the following for my Spark LPG.

• DVD player with USB support.
  • Front speaker in dash board
  • Rear parcel tray
  • Reverse Camera
Already I have the following
  • LCD screen [ 8" roof top model ] which I took from my old car.
  • Rear Speakers given by my friend
A famous shop in habibullah road gave me the following estimate which comes total of Rs.9900.

• Xenos HU with dvd/usb/aux Rs. 5500
  • Front speakers Rs. 550
  • Back oval speakers Rs.1500
  • Parcel tray Rs.500
  • Reverse Camera 1500 [ without screen ]
  • Installation charges Rs. 350
Note :
I do not know the make of speakers. when I asked him, he told that it is also branded with 1 year warrenty and goes well with the selected HU.
Since I got the rear speakers am not planning to by that. so the cost for the required could be around Rs.8400.
Is this seems to be okie?

if not pls suggest some good option

• Xenos HU with dvd/usb/aux Rs. 5500
  • Front speakers Rs. 550
  • Back oval speakers Rs.1500
  • Parcel tray Rs.500
  • Reverse Camera 1500 [ without screen ]
  • Installation charges Rs. 350

• Xenos is branded Chinese .
    For these price what you have mentioned , everything is fake/duplicate. i cant say more since am in same field!

out of these , parcel tray price is good , but have to see in real , is that single or double pad with support rod etc.

and you can pick the rev , camera and buy the screen for another 1300 to 1600/-
    though chinese make , serving well.

Thread Starter #7
Have couple of more clarification regarding reverse camera with LCD screen.

Can single screen handle output from both HU and Camera?
Can I have an option of camera option in the screen when ever i need, not only when the reverse gear enageged?
Do i need to have a seperate screen for reverse camera and can that be on all times?

reverse cam + rear view mirror screen is the best choice.

You can very well connect the rev cam to the roof lcd , but will be tiring to use it as u need to unfold all times . not worth.

Best option is to use a screen in rear view mirror.

Just my opinion , why a rev cam for spark?

I doubt , you can get speakers for this much low price.
Xenos products are also unreliable.
If you have constraint budget, i would suggest you to go for pioneer DVD player. it will cost 8-9k. and reverse camera for now.
Change the speakers later. there is no way you can get branded speakers for 550 rs. Even basic models start from 2000 rs.

Thread Starter #10
ilango[speed thirst];110181 said:
Xenos is branded Chinese .
For these price what you have mentioned , everything is fake/duplicate. i cant say more since am in same field!

out of these , parcel tray price is good , but have to see in real , is that single or double pad with support rod etc.

and you can pick the rev , camera and buy the screen for another 1300 to 1600/-
though chinese make , serving well.
Mr. Ilanga, I was expecting a reply from you since i know that u r into this field. bit not so fast. thanks.

Can you suggest me some option for my requirement. Am ready to spend some xtra amount [ not huge ] if required. U can suggest me some place of ur freidns or known places where I can do it in chennai. u can PM me if needed with details if u can not post in public forum.

Thread Starter #11
ilango[speed thirst];110185 said:
reverse cam + rear view mirror screen is the best choice.
Since am going to have roof LCD i do not want to have a seperate rear view mirror screen

You can very well connect the rev cam to the roof lcd , but will be tiring to use it as u need to unfold all times . not worth.
Just my opinion , why a rev cam for spark?
  • Answer for both of the above are, I have problem in parking in my apartment. Already 3 cars will be there in row. so every car has to be parked bumper to bumper. all cars except mine has reverse camera and they are parking perfectly without hitting the other car. I invariably hit car while parking if am doing it alone. if anyone around they can help me.
  • Being 16 family in the apartment and the street is dead end we will be having lot of children playing all the time on the road. Am afraid of hiting any kids while reversing since they will not be visible from my seating postion. I dont mind spending some amount on my safety and others.
  • and mostly am going to use it while parking i dont mind folding and unfolding whenever it is needed. had to compremise on certain things.
  • This is my second car which is little bit higher than my first car which is maruti 800.

Last edited:
Are you sure of dvd player ?

A pioneer is cheapest and best in low price with usb facility.

cost 8500 around. a 500 to 1000 more with perfect bill and warranty i suppose!
front speaker sony 4 inch 1200 mrp , sold at 1000 rs . insist original warrenty card and check for indian importer name and price tag in the box.

you can get at richie street , mount road entrance , next shop to the appollo medicals . named as "ankit something"
they are wholesalers!

Thread Starter #13
ilango[speed thirst];110191 said:
you can get at richie street , mount road entrance , next shop to the appollo medicals . named as "ankit something"
they are wholesalers!
i know that shop. it is ankit enterprises.

Actually I have JVC KD-DV4304 fitted in my old car. some perfume spilled on the front pannel and every button got jammed. When I wanted to get a front panel alone, everyone in richie street suggest that place. I have enquired and they said they could organise for it in two days time for the cost of Rs. 3000.

I have that option also in my mind. only drawback would be I may not have USB option in it. If I go for that option I could do all with Rs. 6200 which is very well in my budget.

Front panel Rs. 3000 aprox
Front Speakers Rs.1000
Trey Rs.500
Camera Rs.1200
Installation Rs.500

Anyway I will just check with their prices for others also.

Do you think JVC KD-DV4304 is good one?. I got it in 2008.

Thread Starter #14
just for information.

is there any double din DVD player without inbuilt LCD screen, but display other details in LCD?

Top Bottom