Suggestion For a Good Tripod.

it depends upon which camera you are using and about the weight of the camera
you will get a tripod cost from around 1k to 100k rs,
if you are using a professional camera i mean slr or dslr you have buy a better one, because it weights around half kg.for around 20k you can buy a good one
-----------Next Post-----------
just go through some camera shops at calicut, there you can find tripods, and you will get a better idea about the stuff.

Last edited:
Hey Karthik!

I would personally recommend Tripod for SLR, D-SLRs & Superzoom Cameras!

Which camera do you own ?

If its a digi cam, you can buy a Tripod at Rs.750!

Thread Starter #11
Im sorry guys my camera weighs 480gms.
I visited a store today they showed me a tripod which is approximately 40" including the center stand extension and its made of aluminium and is light weight,also has a spirit level.Its 3level height adjustment.
They quoted me a Rs.950.Is the product reasonable for this price?

Last edited:
Hey, Karthik

I'm using Velbon CX-300 Floor-Standing Tripod, it's a very basic one but can hold Camera Body (Nikon D60) weight 495 GM + Nikkor 70-300 MM lense (weigh 500 gm) very easily. I have even used it for taking panning images while bird flying. And I was very comfortable with it.

Here's the picture I tried taking on my tripod:

My suggestion would be, don't go for higher range tripods for now, get yourself use to the basic ones and than you may want to upgrade it later. The one you mentioned will suit all your requirement and the cost you mentioned sounds decent to me. Usually Vivitar and Velbon offers good and basic tripods around these figures (Rs900 - Rs 1000).

I hope, I have answered your query, let me know if you need any more info and do let us know which one you bought?

Happy Shopping :)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
Thank you Grandeur,but in Calicut brands like Vivtar and Velbon are not available.So i would have to opt for the brand they sell.
Nice pics Grandeur.
Karthik

Last edited:

Top Bottom