Suggest Used Car For Rs.3.7 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys
I'm posting here almost after a decade as last time I introduced my car and TAIns helped in suggesting ICE and Tyres etc. upgrades..:)

I'm an ex-owner of Old Honda City model year 2000.
Sadly we have to sell our beloved car last month only due to its aging and issues.

Now we are looking for another sedan mostly in Honda City only.
Budget is 3.5 though can stretch 20k here and there...
  • Your Budget: Under 3.7L
  • New or Used: Used 1st owner (yr 2011 and later/ having not done >55k kms on odometer)
  • Your Location: Pune/Mumbai
  • Top 5 Priorities: Power, Comfort, Style (safety is natural but not expecting airbags in rear in the budget)
  • Transmission: AT only
  • Monthly Running: 600-800 kms
  • Fuel Type: Any
  • Purpose Type: City and Highway drives
  • Seating Capacity: Max 5 adults
  • Segment Type: Only Sedan or MUV like Ford Ecosport
Other queries: Heard Volkswagen cars come with hefty maintenance and frequent/unusual breakdowns are common. Seeing lots of Skoda/Polo/superbs not too old and selling for cheap.
Clear the air as wife is inclined towards Polo/ Vento.

Also, a major query about vehicle re-registration.
A single registration is valid for 15yrs straight but what about renewal? Thereafter do we need to renew every year or can do it one time for next 5-10yrs etc. lease clear the air on this as well.

**Please do not suggest Maruti as coming from Honda and Hyundai family just don't like and prefer Maruti taste.

If anyone of you or your relatives/friend is looking for or willing to sell his car please let me know as rather than Olx and dealers platforms would prefer buying here.

Last edited:
Only 3 Sedans fits your bill which can be an upgrade or equal to City.
1)Vento: If you have a local FNG then service costs won't be an issue.
2)Etios: Spacious and Reliable engine plus the ever reliable Toyota ASS.
3)Verna: May be an equal experience as City but less rear space.

Other contender in same range can be Honda Amaze.
You can also search for 2015 Honda City but will have to extend your budget to 4.5lacs.

Thread Starter #5
Only 3 Sedans fits your bill which can be an upgrade or equal to City.
1)Vento: If you have a local FNG then service costs won't be an issue.
2)Etios: Spacious and Reliable engine plus the ever reliable Toyota ASS.
3)Verna: May be an equal experience as City but less rear space.

Other contender in same range can be Honda Amaze.
You can also search for 2015 Honda City but will have to extend your budget to 4.5lacs.
Verna was on my mind and just in this yrs diwali brother grabbed a verna so no point having same cars in one house.

2015 Honda City for 4.5? Are you serious as I'm talking about AT and nowhere I can find her deals in that budget. Can you help me with few sample deals here and there..

2015 Honda City for 4.5? Are you serious as I'm talking about AT and nowhere I can find her deals in that budget. Can you help me with few sample deals here and there..
My Bad, forgot the AT requirement.
But AT cars are available from 6lacs in Mumbai, also from tomorrow you can bargain more for similar cars as 1 day has made the car 1 year old.
Used car search is a buyers market,be patient and keep on your search.

Thread Starter #7
My Bad, forgot the AT requirement.
But AT cars are available from 6lacs in Mumbai, also from tomorrow you can bargain more for similar cars as 1 day has made the car 1 year old.
Used car search is a buyers market,be patient and keep on your search.
Thanks! And seems I have to opt for MT ways as in MT choices I'm getting choices on few later variants while in AT its mostly the upto 2k11 models so seems no point getting a 10yrs old car.

This is the first time I'm personally getting into used car bazaar so is it fine or annoying to quote 1Lac less than the quoted amount by the seller.. if he quotes 5 and I start bargaining from 3.90 or 4. I mean I just don't want to look foolish or an idiot while dealing else might lose on good deals..
Kindly suggest.

This is the first time I'm personally getting into used car bazaar so is it fine or annoying to quote 1Lac less than the quoted amount by the seller.. if he quotes 5 and I start bargaining from 3.90 or 4. I mean I just don't want to look foolish or an idiot while dealing else might lose on good deals..
Kindly suggest.
If you are dealing with used car dealers than its absolutely fine.
If you are in talks with direct seller than you have to be careful and quote according to the current status of the car & the fair price value on Online portals.

Thread Starter #9
If you are dealing with used car dealers than its absolutely fine.
If you are in talks with direct seller than you have to be careful and quote according to the current status of the car & the fair price value on Online portals.
Ok.
Just yesterday lost a deal..yr 2k15 city for 4.8l but due to new yr I couldnt reply on time and its gone within 24hrs.
Btw whats are more differences between model 2k14 and 15 as 2k14 has fuel tank 40ltr while later is 43.

Thread Starter #11
Also, I bumped into these 2 videos, both are Gen3 AT Honda city but massive difference in gears... One got paddle shifters for manual while other doesnt.
What exact model, year and variants are these.

Top Bottom