Suggest Used Car For Cielo Replacement Under Rs.3.5 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I've been thinking to change my car in India , Dad Doesn't wana sell his Cielo

I wanted to gift him something what would you recommend.

I am thinking to spend about 6-7000 dollars .. means about 3-3.5 lac rupees.

I prefer used one ( say 50-60K on odo)

what cars can we get?

thanks heaps

Re: Which one to choose ? Used for Indian roads?

Get him a City V-tec, the dolphin one. Ease of maintenance with Honda assurance. Also, ingress/egress are no problem for elderly. Also, it has decent FE too.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #3

Where can I check the cars from bro ?
I havent been to india in more than 4 years time. Alot has changed I guess.

how much a decent scorpio will be ?

Get him a Honda City or you can even get a used Octavia. Octavia is a tank and well he is surely going to love it if he likes his Cielo. Its mileage is decent, good power, build quality is too good and well it was a HOT PICK for elder people at the time when available in the market.

Thread Starter #5

YashD thanks brother
How much I have to spend to get a decent one and what options are there.

Can you show me the model/trim so that I can plan

I will get him a BMW/MERC once he is here with me in australia, till then they can have the other one.

Where can I check the cars from bro ?
I havent been to india in more than 4 years time. Alot has changed I guess.

how much a decent scorpio will be ?
Try Carwale.com or Sulekha.com. Other sites (less preferred by me) OLX.in, gaadi.com, quikr.com.

A decent Scorpio with around 50K on ODO should be around 5-6 lac but that too depends on the model version you are looking for.

Another tool that can help you evaluate the used cars you come around is Check value of your car for FREE - CarWale

happy hunting.

freakdude.

Buddy,no car suggestions from my side,but what I'd recommend you is:-
Mahindra first choice.Just visit their website,select your city and search for any car you wish.Pick up your phone and inquire about the car..

In your budget you can get:-
Honda city(non i-vtec ones)
Fiesta
Honda Civic if you stretch till 5 lac.
And many more...Just check out and tell us the cars you feel are best,then we can have even more healthy discussion.

YashD thanks brother
How much I have to spend to get a decent one and what options are there.

Can you show me the model/trim so that I can plan

I will get him a BMW/MERC once he is here with me in australia, till then they can have the other one.
bro, you will get a decent one with 50-60k kms on odo for 4.5 to 5 easily. One of my friend bought a Octavia 1.9 TDi elegance for 5.15 so I guess you can look for that one.
Check out OLX.in and Mahindra First Choice for great car deals, shortlist the cars and then we could help you get a great car in a better way.

Thread Starter #9

Thanks Freakdude

I am not really sure what car to get . Whats going on in India I have no clue. but I know what to get in Australia. I buy and sell cars here in here like every month. Now am looking for a Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R for my mate.

@ TSIVipul.. yah no advise for me :( don't be racist. just cuz am NRI

@YashD , thanks mate. I like Octavia and I heard Diesel Octavia's are good as well IF I want like 05 + with under 100K will be in 5 lacs range ?

@Codename:-
Buddy its not like that.
Actually I want you to choose a car yourself if you have an idea about them.And then we can carry out the discussion on that car.

Else,I'd recommend only Ford Fiesta for your father,with nearly zero turbo lag this will be the best car for them,easy to drive and with good steering its fun too.
And you can get a very good car in the said budget.

Thread Starter #11

Buddy its not like that.
Actually I want you to choose a car yourself if you have an idea about them.And then we can carry out the discussion on that car.

Else,I'd recommend only Ford Fiesta for your father,with nearly zero turbo lag this will be the best car for them,easy to drive and with good steering its fun too.
actually your taste is like mine
I saw couple of them Liked them
thanks for that.
I;ve seen couple of used ones from 3-4 lacs with abt 70K on them .

I wouldn't worry much abt turbo lag. Dad wouldn't care about those things. ( my dad loves cars too . there was a time my dad imported cars to india back in 86-87)
If he needs speed he knows Australia , his son got a hell of a car for that.

I will have to save up for him. August is his birthday so I'll surprise him

Buddy its not like that.

Turbo lag...means diesel. Sorry but in 3-3.5 (codename's budget) it's very hard to source a non-abused diesel Feista. If ok for petrol then a lot could be found, but, if petrol is OK then I'll seriously recommend City.

@codename : If your dad likes driving too then you can even try for a Cedia. It's an amazing drivers cars, depreciates like hell so low mileage less used ones can be had around 4-4.5 lacs.

freakdude.

350Z

Core Team

@codename : If your dad likes driving too then you can even try for a Cedia. It's an amazing drivers cars, depreciates like hell so low mileage less used ones can be had around 4-4.5 lacs.
+1 to that. Nothing makes much more sense than a Cedia in used car market for driving enthusiasts. While biggest advantage is that it depreciates quickly but on the other hand, only problem is that it is difficult to find one. Even more so in a fair condition. Used Cedia Sports come under as low as Rs.4 Lakhs. I would not recommend more expensive cars like Skoda Octavia because it is quite impossible to find a decent model under specified budget and fixing them could be a costly affair. Please shed some light on the requirements and other basic details so that we can suggest appropriately.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom