Suggest Used Car For Cielo Replacement Under Rs.3.5 Lakhs

thanks man

oh that sucks man
Mivec engine is the best , they along with turbo work prety cool. thats whats in new evo 10 , turbo and front mount intercooler will go good.

yeah petrol ey . am not quiet sure if i want a petrol car again .may be diesel man.
how about a ford fiesta diesel one , any good?
or anything else in that category (hyundai is okay but not preferred ) my dad likes hyundai though.
am more sorta japanese fan
Fiesta's carry the typical Ford drive DNA and are quite nimble for both city and highways, though petrols are better that diesels in drive-ability. Another option in diesel (in your budget of 3.1 lac) you could have are : Abused Swifts, high mileage Octavias, and if you are lucky then a decent Elantra CRDi. Out of all these, I'd suggest Fiesta.

freakdude.

if your dad likes Hyundai get him the Sonata Transform !
I have personally used it. The car is really good and has a gem of an engine with decent handling, was a flop due to the brand name. I just sold mine 2 weeks ago. It was my first personal sedan really have some great memories with it. You will get it for 4.5-5 lakh and do see if you get Elantra the best driver's car from Hyundai another hell of a car. Hyundai has always been my preferred brand so have used all Hyundai except Tereccan.

MR BOSS - Thanks for telling me those prices . Thanks for pointing out OPTRA I completely forgot about that car man,They are petrol right? not diesel. What diesel cars would you recommend , I want low maintenance , not ones with diesel engine problems.
Optra I mentioned is the Petrol one. Diesel Optra Magnum will not fit within the specified budget (I'm looking at the same for 4.5L+ budget, hard to find a decent one)

If you are keen towards diesel heart, only few fit within your budget
1) Accent CRDi & Non-CRDi - I vote for the non-CRDi ones, they are sluggish and not fun to drive compared to the CRDi ones, but from many horrible stories CRDi may leave a big hole in your pocket (if there comes a engine problem)
2) Elantra - Same engine issue as mentioned above. Also hard to find a 70k mileage one
3) Lancer - Believe me, even 1999 models with more than 100k on odo sell for 2L+ INR
4) Esteem D - Hard to find, also not fun to drive
5) Ikon 1.8 - Noisy and maintenance will be a problem
6) Octavia - Perfect choice. a hard try could get you a big smile in face
7) Fiesta - budget constraint. you may get a 2006 model with close to 100k on odo

@Codename:
Buddy again you will blame me calling me 'racist',but your budget need to be extended upto 3.5 lacs,else I am happy being a racist.
Go for Fiesta,you can't find anything better than Fiesta in your said budget.

Thread Starter #35
thanks guys

Yash - Thanks for the suggestion , Hyundai ,okay I'll try to search over the internet. My dad's mate is a car dealer in Jallandar I can ring and ask him

Mr.Boss : thanks heaps for those details man. really appreciate it

Okay then I can extend my budget not an isue ( less petrol in my skyline for a month will save me 300 dollars haha )

Skoda Octavia in diesel are nice is it?

Freakdude :Ford Fiesta ? not good in handling ?

My mate had a ZETEC Ford Fiesta in here and believe me I used to red line every singe gear . But am sure thats a completely different variants we get in india.

I'll start saving from next month .

Okay mr Vipul calm down bro [;)]

Skoda Octavia in diesel are nice is it?
That's one of the best diesel sedan in India. Built like a tank and the FE figures will always keep a big smile in face. But... But... Skoda A.S.S and maintenance cost are the only 2 things to keep in mind before you buy a skoda.

Freakdude :Ford Fiesta ? not good in handling?
IMO handling is excellent in Fiesta (the classic one, not sure about the new fiesta what you have in other countries in Hatch version)

Thread Starter #37
thanks Mr Boss
I'd be researching a bit more and will try to contact my uncle in Jallandhar (punjab) if he knows someone.
Best thing in Northern India is , Lots of NRI's in Punjab . What they do is , they buy a new car and they head overseas and the car is just sitting there .

I remember when we bought cielo it was the same , car did like 50 K and was sitting in home for 3 years. and we bought off them pretty cheap at that time

Dude, sometimes a car that is left unused for a long time may leave a big hole in pocket than a car with 100k on odo. Machines are built to be used.

Thread Starter #39
yeah I know but my Dad knows about these things.He is an auto enthusiast himself had some really nice imports when not many people had even scooter :)

You probably know punjabis are always like that they buy expensive cars when they goto india for 3-4 months and they sell it for dirt cheap . I know so many families who do that. I'll ask my uncle if he can find a good one fiesta/octavia in diesel.

I know what you mean 100K on odo is nothing anyways if driven carefully

Freakdude :Ford Fiesta ? not good in handling ?
IMO handling is excellent in Fiesta (the classic one, not sure about the new fiesta what you have in other countries in Hatch version)
Handling the what would impress you in Fiesta and I did mention the same buddy. The comparison I did was fiesta diesel to fiesta petrol, and in this petrol is a notch (actually a lot) better. Since your dad too likes driving, so fiesta is definitely going to put a smile on his face.

freakdude.

I was talking to dad and he was like so much leaned towards the Hyundai Accent in diesel are they good ?
Accent CRDi may leave a big hole in pocket if there comes a engine problem. But the performance and FE will be mind blowing. Non CRDi version is sluggish but more reliable.

Top Bottom