Suggest Sub-Woofer For Ciaz

Thread Starter #1
hello folks
last week i just ordered a ciaz zdi+ shvs model. Hope so the car will be delivered to me this week and i am planning to setup a sub-woofer supporting that Maruti SmartPlay PLAYER which was pre installed in ciaz and has no replacement in the market ( Contacted to my local retailer they are not ready to exchange it against pioneer) so i asked the dealer to setup Pioneer subwoofer and he suggested me not to do so and go for sony because the player installed by maruti was not as much sufficient to produce a good bass from pioneer. so please suggest me what to do so [confused]

bhvm

Honoured Member
I am not getting what the dealer said,
Does he plan to connect woofer to Stock HU? If so, does that HU have proper Sub outs with enough power?

hello folks
last week i just ordered a ciaz zdi+ shvs model. Hope so the car will be delivered to me this week and i am planning to setup a sub-woofer supporting that Maruti SmartPlay PLAYER which was pre installed in ciaz and has no replacement in the market ( Contacted to my local retailer they are not ready to exchange it against pioneer) so i asked the dealer to setup Pioneer subwoofer and he suggested me not to do so and go for sony because the player installed by maruti was not as much sufficient to produce a good bass from pioneer. so please suggest me what to do so [confused]
Is there a provision to connect a subwoofer or pre-outs for connecting an amplifier?.
I couldn't find any info regarding the Watts rating of the built-in amp of the SmartPlay system, not even in their user manual [cry].
I would say don't buy any subwoofer from the dealer in a hurry. Let your new ride to come out and you can listen to its audio output
and decide what all modifications you need to carry out.

Thread Starter #4
I am not getting what the dealer said,
Does he plan to connect woofer to Stock HU? If so, does that HU have proper Sub outs with enough power?
The Local Market dealer said that the high watt power does not supported by the Smart Player installed by Maruti in Ciaz. so he preferred me to go for a low watt woofer and preferred me to go for SONY [frustration] . WIll update you further with more technical specifications.

Is there a provision to connect a subwoofer or pre-outs for connecting an amplifier?.
I couldn't find any info regarding the Watts rating of the built-in amp of the SmartPlay system, not even in their user manual [cry].
I would say don't buy any subwoofer from the dealer in a hurry. Let your new ride to come out and you can listen to its audio output
and decide what all modifications you need to carry out.
Thanks Bro [clap] LET my CIAZ come then i will tell you [evil]
Any specific accessories for interior exterior ?

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member
1>The dealer is either trying to trick you or He's plain just goofy. You don't need to drive a sub at max power always. Do you always drive your car at max geared speed? No.

Driving a gadget (In this case a subwoofer) at lower than max power leaves lot of headroom. Which means longer life & Cleaner sound (No stress).
Let your Baby arrive. We shall check the user manual and fix a decent sub.

Meanwhile-
DIY Dual woofer setup (Hidden and Underseat)

2> About Other accessories, it depends on what you need and whats useful.
I'd suggest dropping a Quality 4300K HID kit in the Projectors. That's almost compulsory.

Thread Starter #7
srbhsgr , did you get the Ciaz ? Have you upgraded the subwoofer?
yes i am playing with my ciaz. a little bit uncomfortable with some suspension bush rubbers which makes freaky sound when front tyres put into a hole. [cry] still i did not made any change to the music system.one of my friend own car accessories shop.he suggests me that you Suzuki Built-in player was best in its class.so do not upgrade it rest choice is yours. [surprise] you made any changes to your ciaz ?

kkn13

Suspended
yes i am playing with my ciaz. a little bit uncomfortable with some suspension bush rubbers which makes freaky sound when front tyres put into a hole. [cry] still i did not made any change to the music system.one of my friend own car accessories shop.he suggests me that you Suzuki Built-in player was best in its class.so do not upgrade it rest choice is yours. [surprise] you made any changes to your ciaz ?
Seeing the numerous free updates etc and dedication by Maruti Suzuki, I wouldnt switch from SmartPlay system
itll be quite sacrilegious imho
Dunno about speakers though, havent heard personally
btw I feel Sony,Pioneer speakers/subwoofers are OK at best and Infinity,JBL etc sound much better for the same price

Anyone have experience with Kicker subs? I have used their powered 10" sub in my old car (in US) and successfully un-glued the plastic panel behind rear passenger seats [lol] resulting in rattles for every beat.

Curious to know about their experience in our cars/conditions.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Kicker 10 inch is very good.
Also great are some of their "Shallow" mount 8 & 10 inchers. Really heavy bass from small enclosures.

The MGA person says there is a slim woofer setup available that can be fitted in the front doors. There is a provision available for the same. I am somehow not convinced and have my reservations on this. Does anyone have any idea on this?

Also as someone suggested to install "Quality 4300K HID kit in the Projectors". Won't it void the warranty as claimed by the SA? How much would it cost?

About Other accessories, it depends on what you need and whats useful.
I'd suggest dropping a Quality 4300K HID kit in the Projectors. That's almost compulsory.
Could you please help me decide on which brand of 4300K HID kit should I go for? Is it required only for the projectors or for the other one (High Beam I guess) as well? Should I get it done @ Nexa dealership itself or it can be done anywhere outside as well? At last, if you can suggest me a good place to get this done in Hyderabad, it would be very helpful.

Also, may I know if any LED headlight alternatives are available as an alternative to this HID kit? Appreciate any pointers around this.

Top Bottom