Suggest Roof Rack For "LUV" Ertiga

hi friends,i m planning to fit roof rack on my ertiga,one newbee question, i m having 4 yrs extended warrenty on my ertiga,fitting aftermarket roof carrier will void it?pls guide

thanx patkar_a , fitted aerorack on my ertiga from vikrant ,but price now is 6k including fitting , 5600 for aerorack and 400 extra for cobra clamps,inserted piece of rexin between clamp n body to avoid scratches,

Hi Mr. Patkar where can I get the aero rack carrier in Mumbai especially somewhere near borivali /kandivali. I need to install it on my ertiga. liked your photos. neenad

Thread Starter #64
Re: Advice Needed - Ertiga Roof Carrier

Hi Patkar,

This is my first query in this site. I am planning to get a roof carrier for my ertiga zxi. I have gone through your inputs and that helped me a lot to shortlist few options. I really like your carrier, but I not sure if I would get that in west bengal!

Shortlisted items are:

1. Maruti Premium Lugage Carrier - The reason for this is as its from maruti, but really confused by the load capacity of 30kgs. Though I dont want to put much load, but 30kg is not something would meet the requirement.

2. Ctrack X100 & X300A - I like both and confused which one to go for. Any comments would be a help.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, would like to know how is your feedback on the your carrier?

Hi Nadkarni,

Your Ctrake X100 looks nice, and this is one of my option too. I would like to know your feedback on this one.

Also any specific reason you did not go for Ctrake X300A?

I am planning to go for family trip to Sikkim, Darjeeling & Bhutan in October. Would the carrier be causing any problem while driving in hills?

Appreciate your inputs.
Hello All,

I am planning to get a roof carrier for my Ertiga ZXI. I have gone through some good inputs provided in this forum, specially a detail inputs by Mr. Patkar, Nadkarni and all in the below link.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...tions/14003-suggest-roof-rack-luv-ertiga.html

This information helped me a lot to shortlist few options. Shortlisted items are:

1. Maruti Premium Luggage Carrier (Price - 9999) - The reason for this is as it’s from Maruti, but really confused by the load capacity of 30kgs. Though I don’t want to put much load, but 30kg is not something would meet the requirement. Any inputs on why there is such big gap between Maruti's quote vs. other company's quote on weight capacity?

2. Ctrack X100 (Price - 7500) & X300A (Price - 9500) - I like both and confused which one could be the best option for Ertiga. Any comments would be a great help.

Carriers ‹ Welcome to Ctrack.in ,Car accessories

Any other suggestions/options would be greatly appreciated.

Would the carrier be causing any problem while driving in hills?

Please excuse me for any mistakes in writing.
Hey buddy i am Sorry that i can't reply and there was quite a delay..I don't know where u would find in kolkatta.
Also Driving with Roof carrier on ertiga has some limitation.Though those are negligible,which is marginal increase in body role.And rest is mentioned above.

Thread Starter #65
hi friends,i m planning to fit roof rack on my ertiga,one newbee question, i m having 4 yrs extended warrenty on my ertiga,fitting aftermarket roof carrier will void it?pls guide
No.It would not void the warranty
thanx patkar_a , fitted aerorack on my ertiga from vikrant ,but price now is 6k including fitting , 5600 for aerorack and 400 extra for cobra clamps,inserted piece of rexin between clamp n body to avoid scratches,
Congrats buddy.Got a Good deal.I use only if there is a need and now lying idle.
Hi Mr. Patkar where can I get the aero rack carrier in Mumbai especially somewhere near borivali /kandivali. I need to install it on my ertiga. liked your photos. neenad
Buddy i am sorry i am not aware of it.Just drive down to sion koliwada,you would find it for sure.[:)]

Re: Advice Needed - Ertiga Roof Carrier

Hey buddy i am Sorry that i can't reply and there was quite a delay..I don't know where u would find in kolkatta.
Also Driving with Roof carrier on ertiga has some limitation.Though those are negligible,which is marginal increase in body role.And rest is mentioned above.
Thanks for the reply. I would keep in mind about the increase in body role.

I was looking at aerorack for my ertiga, purchased in SEP 15 VXI SERENE BLUE OLD MODEL(not facelift) Called up Vikrant Dealer, he quoted 5600/- with installation. Good Deal seems like, but any reason why the roof rack on @patkar_a ertiga is mounted with aerorack written on the front, Till now i have seen cars with it written only on the sides, Any specific Reason for doing So?

Last edited:
I am late here but, I would anytime suggest. It is very awesome looking. Takes good weight. Matches cars colors, Goes with every other decor. Haven't faced any aerodynamic issues till date. Have it installed for an year. Driven 10k with almost 9k on travel Understand that it is little difficult to remove and re-install. Costed me 20k in Mandovi Basaveshwarnanagar, Bangalore.

Last edited:
I am looking to install roof rails for my Bolero like shown below, I believe it requires no drilling and can be fit with clamps please educate me on this.

Buy Roof Rail For Bolero As Per Oe Fitment- No Drilling Required Online | Best Prices in India: Rediff Shopping

Any other suggestions welcome, I am looking to add something light for occassional need, not a bulky carrier. Thanks

But there are other interesting products out there, check below.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-modifications/20264-inflatable-handirack-roof-top-carrier.html

Top Bottom