Suggest Roof Rack For "LUV" Ertiga

Thanks Patkar + Ranger.

Yes agree with you. No point going for Thule as its too much expensive.
Checked for Cargoz -> For Ertiga they have a product called "Tourister".
CarGoz
Cost of this product is Rs. 26,700 Ex Delhi. They will charge Rs. 5000/- extra for transportation to mumbai hence total cost goes above Rs. 30,000/- [frustration]

Ajanta
Ajanta also has Roof Box Called "Jet Box" which is Costing Rs. 11,000/- however smaller in size. it is 3 ft by 4 ft. I will be going to the manufacturers place this weekend to see how it looks. They also have a good range of normal carrier which i will get to see.

I had been to Pune this weekend and met a car accessories dealer who suggested me to go for a carrier which has depth or sidebars in front as well which is very essential as support when we apply hard breaks.

CTrack - Carriers | Welcome to Ctrack.in ,Car accessories
Model X100 has the good depth in front as well unlike X300. Again the cost is Rs. 9000/-.

The Carrier fixed by Patkar is also a good option which is costing only Rs.5000.
I am still reviewing various option and shall keep you guys updated once i purchase one.

cheers

Update

Had a wonderful trip,car is gem,has immense power!!!
Coming back to topic,the Luggage carrier.
I had 4 Duffel bags,kept on the carrier while in the journey.
Pros:
=>Wind noise is not noticeable,when there is luggage on top,i did not hear any,even at speed of 135 kmph(My Dad[;)]),absolutely stable at those speed
=>does not bring body role was not noticeable at ghat section even at high speed cornering.
=>Can Fit 5 duffel bags with ease.
=>Removed the carrier after the trip,it took 5 mins to removed,just marked the front side,2 persons.

Cons:
=>Wind noise noticeable in cabin at high speed of 100kmph.
=>Personally saw Ctrack XA 300 carrier fitted on my brothers Ertiga,it is very ugly,satisfied with my decision,over done,and bulky.
=>Some scratches on surface where clamps were hooked.
Mr. Patkar,
Congrats. I think its a wise decision. I hope clamping it on is also a simple task.
One question though : did you notice any impact on FE ?
Secondly, why not leave it on..except maybe it wud look like a cab ? does it have an impact in city drivability or mileage ?
Also, plz let know model number/name, if any, of the carrier.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #48
Thanks Patkar + Ranger.

Yes agree with you. No point going for Thule as its too much expensive.
Checked for Cargoz -> For Ertiga they have a product called "Tourister".
CarGoz
Cost of this product is Rs. 26,700 Ex Delhi. They will charge Rs. 5000/- extra for transportation to mumbai hence total cost goes above Rs. 30,000/- [frustration]

Ajanta
Ajanta also has Roof Box Called "Jet Box" which is Costing Rs. 11,000/- however smaller in size. it is 3 ft by 4 ft. I will be going to the manufacturers place this weekend to see how it looks. They also have a good range of normal carrier which i will get to see.

I had been to Pune this weekend and met a car accessories dealer who suggested me to go for a carrier which has depth or sidebars in front as well which is very essential as support when we apply hard breaks.

CTrack - Carriers | Welcome to Ctrack.in ,Car accessories
Model X100 has the good depth in front as well unlike X300. Again the cost is Rs. 9000/-.

The Carrier fixed by Patkar is also a good option which is costing only Rs.5000.
I am still reviewing various option and shall keep you guys updated once i purchase one.

cheers
Buddy Ctrack x300 is way bulky,x100 is good.

Ajanta Jetbox can be a sensible investment,check it's mounting,i think it may have roof bars,on which they would be mounted like Thule's.

Check for Hikers too.[;)][MAP][/MAP]

Mr. Patkar,
Congrats. I think its a wise decision. I hope clamping it on is also a simple task.
One question though : did you notice any impact on FE ?
Secondly, why not leave it on..except maybe it wud look like a cab ? does it have an impact in city drivability or mileage ?
Also, plz let know model number/name, if any, of the carrier.
Clamping would require 20 mins max,will update about it by FEB(will be having a trip).
FE?Yes definitely there would be impact on FE,but not much,not noticeable.
Cab type image?Yes 40% but 60% No reasons below?
1)Air Noise noticeable in cabin after >100kmph,secondly we don't like it.
2)Ease of cleaning top of car
3)since it would only be used twice a year.

Its Aero rack light, may be medium sized for Ertiga.
i had seen two cars along with me.
1)WagonR with small Aero rack
2)Xylo with Large sized Aero rack.

I seem to lost the bill and his card,need to check elsewhere at home,but uploading his Google MAP position.Sion koliwada,mumbai
Road Number 15, Sion East, Agarwada Colony, Sion, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400022
Co-ordinates: 19.038539,72.863247
Uploading Image since Map has some issues with posting here.
map.JPG

Finally my LUV got its Carrier !!

After going through various options and bit of research "CTrack X100" is what was destined for my LUV.

We are going for a week long trip to Konkan/Goa in February post my brother's marriage. With 6 onboard in LUV a carrier is what is needed. With only couple of weekend left before the trip last saturday was the day earmarked for the carrier

Selection of Carrier:
I started off with looking for RoufRails/Thule etc which were all too expensive. I checked with MGA they had 2 types of carrier for Ertiga 'Economy' Rs. 6500/- and 'Premium' Rs. 9500/- both were out of stock. After much research on the web i found out dealer for CTrack in Mumbai. He also is the dealer for 'Classique'. After discussion with him i Finalised 'Classique Roadstar' which was costing Rs.6200/-
Welcome to Kumar Sales India, Classique Car Accessories,Car Accessories » Ertiga
However after checking the dealer realised that 'Classique Roadstar' is out of stock and it will be available after 15 days. He was offering me 'Classique Climax Plus' which i was not keen.

My next contender was Ctrack X100 which was costing Rs.8500/- (With Installation). Luckily the stock was available and i decided to go for it. The dealer was very cooperative though he confused me by suggesting me to wait for 'Classique Roadstar' or CTrack X300. But i had decided for X100.

The Catalogue of CTrack says Max load 60kg however the MGA Carriers mentions Max Load 30kg. I dont intend to abuse my luv and her safety by dumping excess load on her but was surprised to find out such huge difference.

The 3rd Picture shows the Foam attached to the clamp to avoid any marks/damage to the paint on car body.

Here are few pictures.

Attachments

Thread Starter #50
Finally my LUV got its Carrier !!

After going through various options and bit of research "CTrack X100" is what was destined for my LUV.

We are going for a week long trip to Konkan/Goa in February post my brother's marriage. With 6 onboard in LUV a carrier is what is needed. With only couple of weekend left before the trip last saturday was the day earmarked for the carrier

Selection of Carrier:
I started off with looking for RoufRails/Thule etc which were all too expensive. I checked with MGA they had 2 types of carrier for Ertiga 'Economy' Rs. 6500/- and 'Premium' Rs. 9500/- both were out of stock. After much research on the web i found out dealer for CTrack in Mumbai. He also is the dealer for 'Classique'. After discussion with him i Finalised 'Classique Roadstar' which was costing Rs.6200/-
Welcome to Kumar Sales India, Classique Car Accessories,Car Accessories » Ertiga
However after checking the dealer realised that 'Classique Roadstar' is out of stock and it will be available after 15 days. He was offering me 'Classique Climax Plus' which i was not keen.

My next contender was Ctrack X100 which was costing Rs.8500/- (With Installation). Luckily the stock was available and i decided to go for it. The dealer was very cooperative though he confused me by suggesting me to wait for 'Classique Roadstar' or CTrack X300. But i had decided for X100.

The Catalogue of CTrack says Max load 60kg however the MGA Carriers mentions Max Load 30kg. I dont intend to abuse my luv and her safety by dumping excess load on her but was surprised to find out such huge difference.

The 3rd Picture shows the Foam attached to the clamp to avoid any marks/damage to the paint on car body.

Here are few pictures.
The carrier is looking awesome,i initially thought of buying this but was not available,your carrier rocks man.[clap]
My clamps do not have Foam on it,last time i inserted a piece of rubber between clamp and body.Surely this time i will fix it with foam.

Do post about your initial impression,and also would you be keeping it permanent?

Me to would be going to Native in Konkan on Feb 11/12,so would be fixing carrier by Next week,will post about,about fixing.

The carrier is looking awesome,i initially thought of buying this but was not available,your carrier rocks man.[clap]
My clamps do not have Foam on it,last time i inserted a piece of rubber between clamp and body.Surely this time i will fix it with foam.

Do post about your initial impression,and also would you be keeping it permanent?

Me to would be going to Native in Konkan on Feb 11/12,so would be fixing carrier by Next week,will post about,about fixing.
Thanks Mr. Patkar. I intend to keep it permanent as we might have once in 2 months visit to pune/long drives with 6 people onboard and i dont like to compromise the comfort of passengers even in the last row. Last time we went to pune, we had to keep few bags on the last row with a person seated besides them.

I will keep you updated on the review.

cheers

Thread Starter #52
Thanks Mr. Patkar. I intend to keep it permanent as we might have once in 2 months visit to pune/long drives with 6 people onboard and i dont like to compromise the comfort of passengers even in the last row. Last time we went to pune, we had to keep few bags on the last row with a person seated besides them.

I will keep you updated on the review.

cheers
Than keeping the carrier On would be wise,since you would be using it every 2 months.My usage is sparse,once or twice a year.

I have short trips,but try to keep luggage restricted to 4 bag,which would fit in small boot.[:)]

Thread Starter #53
So today,i installed back Aero Rack back on top of ertiga.It took about 20 mins to install the carrier.
Before installing carrier i Masked the region with masking tape where Legs of carrier rested,cause last time it led ugly marks on water drains.
Then Clamped the carrier ,with heatlon.
Will put up some pics in few days.

hi Patkar, please need you help for bumpers rear & front , if you can share the interior snaps of our ertiga as i have one got it yesterday ertiga vxi
. please also suggest the carpets which you are using [:)]

Thread Starter #55
Hi Patkar,

This is my first query in this site. I am planning to get a roof carrier for my ertiga zxi. I have gone through your inputs and that helped me a lot to shortlist few options. I really like your carrier, but I not sure if I would get that in west bengal!

Shortlisted items are:

1. Maruti Premium Lugage Carrier - The reason for this is as its from maruti, but really confused by the load capacity of 30kgs. Though I dont want to put much load, but 30kg is not something would meet the requirement.

2. Ctrack X100 & X300A - I like both and confused which one to go for. Any comments would be a help.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, would like to know how is your feedback on the your carrier?

Hi Nadkarni,

Your Ctrake X100 looks nice, and this is one of my option too. I would like to know your feedback on this one.

Also any specific reason you did not go for Ctrake X300A?

I am planning to go for family trip to Sikkim, Darjeeling & Bhutan in October. Would the carrier be causing any problem while driving in hills?

Appreciate your inputs.

Advice Needed - Ertiga Roof Carrier

Hello All,

I am planning to get a roof carrier for my Ertiga ZXI. I have gone through some good inputs provided in this forum, specially a detail inputs by Mr. Patkar, Nadkarni and all in the below link.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...tions/14003-suggest-roof-rack-luv-ertiga.html

This information helped me a lot to shortlist few options. Shortlisted items are:

1. Maruti Premium Luggage Carrier (Price - 9999) - The reason for this is as it’s from Maruti, but really confused by the load capacity of 30kgs. Though I don’t want to put much load, but 30kg is not something would meet the requirement. Any inputs on why there is such big gap between Maruti's quote vs. other company's quote on weight capacity?

2. Ctrack X100 (Price - 7500) & X300A (Price - 9500) - I like both and confused which one could be the best option for Ertiga. Any comments would be a great help.

Carriers ‹ Welcome to Ctrack.in ,Car accessories

Any other suggestions/options would be greatly appreciated.

Would the carrier be causing any problem while driving in hills?

Please excuse me for any mistakes in writing.

Re: Advice Needed - Ertiga Roof Carrier.

Welcome to TAI! Glad to meet another LUVer!
You can try the "ROUF RAILS" brand carriers which are stylish and easier to use and install.
If you want to order from Hyderabad, transportation charges may apply.

Thanks Vinodkumar and DJ bro!

I have seen the roof rails, but could not consider this as my Ertiga is in my home town (Kharagpur-West Bengal). Considering the availability and probable cost there, had to drop this plan.

So, finally concluded with the optioned mentioned in my above post.

Any inputs to help deciding this would be a great help. Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Your car looks really great. [clap]

Top Bottom