Suggest Replacement Options for LML Graptor (Booked Yamaha R15 v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16
Re: Suggest Replacement Options for LML Graptor

Guys just wanted to check if incase we buy a bike from uttranchal or haryana and register it from the same place. Will it be a problem if we use the bike in UP?

Thread Starter #17

Here is quick update guys, my brother did TD for few other bikes. The TD review's are short since i was not the one who took the TD and can only write what i hear from my brother.

Pulsar 180: Bit more powerful than the 150 and looks were better but still that same old pulsar look with the exception of the dual tone color. But you definitely feel confident while riding this bike since it has better handling and brakes than the 150. Reaches 60kmph within no time. So it’s definitely in the list as of right now and fits in our budget very well.

Pulsar 220: Bike was real fun to drive and bit heavy as well. Performance was good, braking was nice due to the double disc on the bike and definitely more powerful with 220 cc and 21PS. The bike definitely looks better due to the front head and the fatter tires. Suspension is very good as well. But after a debate between my brother, dad and me. The bike was ruled out because of lower FE and low resale value.

CBZ: Power was okay for a 150 cc bike according to my brother. But it scores high when it comes to handling. Throttle response was good as well. But somehow you don’t get the confidence to drive as compared to pulsar. Also didn’t like the look of the bike, if it was the old look we would have certainly given a second thought. So it is out of the list.

Karizma Zmr: Another good bike to own, power was good but not to the match of pulsar 220. Handling was good as well but one drawback was the tire size. One expects a fatter tire for that kind of a bike. Didn’t like the rear look of the bike. But otherwise nice performance, braking and throttle response is good as well. Road Presence is nice as compared to other bikes. Seating position is very well positioned. But is bit higher from our budget.

Probably in a day or so we will be making our decision. Will update accordingly.

So the boxing match is now between Bajaj VS Hero will be interesting to see who win's

Thread Starter #20

Guys we have taken a decision on the bike. And will book the bike tomorrow or Monday. Will reveal the secret once we book the bike. Meanwhile let's see if anyone can guess who won the fight. [;)]

Karizma Zmr: Another good bike to own, power was good but not to the match of pulsar 220. Handling was good as well but one drawback was the tire size. One expects a fatter tire for that kind of a bike. Didn’t like the rear look of the bike. But otherwise nice performance, braking and throttle response is good as well. Road Presence is nice as compared to other bikes. Seating position is very well positioned. But is bit higher from our budget.

Probably in a day or so we will be making our decision. Will update accordingly.[/QUOTE]

When I had to upgrade my bike from Pulsar150 cc to 200+, ZMR was never even in the consideration.But for time pass I just visited Hero showroom and wanted to feel the bike. OMG, the posture was awesome. I instantly book the bike and got a white one. Believe me if you are 25+ and have to use bike daily say for 30-50 Km, it is a good option. You will feel very comfortable and considerable amount of Power. I believe, it's not a racing bike, arram se chalo and enjoy the ride. At even at 125KMPH, you will not feel discomfort thanks to it's weight and aerodynamic fairing.

But on highways where there are some sort of unwanted or intentional race with R15 or Pulsar 220, it may lead you down in case those two guys are okay to go beyond 130KMPH.

I never had any interaction with Duke, but going by technical specification it's awesome. Though my wife doesn't like the look for Duke and R15.

CBR is even a good option in both categories 150 as well as 250. And if you are okay to wait then go for for RE-Classic.

Thanks for replying to my query for the FE.

And regarding the 200 NS, my brother does not like the look and since he will be using it more then me. I am not looking for the 200 NS
it look like just baby pulsar 135CC with monoshock.

I would suggest you to stick to Pulsar 150, it's a proven bike no offence to R15 owner's as i feel it's a well engineered product but spending 50k more on pulsar does not sound right to me.
Yes it's a well proven bike, I rode it for 4 years and loved the balance of bike. Even I could able to ride the bike with free hand for considerable distance. FE was almost 50 throughout.Though after 2 years it started aging and prolonged use can cause back pain.It's a good buy if you are planning for 3-4 year use. I sold in 22k in exchange of ZMR. My bike age was 2006 OCt-2011 Nov, in between 1.5 year was unused(onsite travel).I still suggest, it's a good deal specially for non earning guys.

So far my brother has only owned the LML Graptor but yes he does rides his friends karizma, 220 sometimes and he is 23.

That's not the case with him, he never drives like a crazy guy or try to race with his friends on a busy highway or so. He drives really carefully. No matter if its our Graptor or any of his friends 220 or Karizma.

That might be the case since all his friends live right inside the heart of the city which are really densely populated.
And also one of his friend drives really bad.

BTW what about R15?
R15 is a proper teenager bike,awesome pickup and it's hard to catch even by my ZMR. I felt down on nice road of bangalore when a R15 with a pretty pillion overtook me. I tried to chased him and succeeded for a short duration then that guy must have attained 140 KMPH and I didn't have the answer for that as I could pull maximum 130KMPH. My wife still teased me about that.[evil]

Guys we have taken a decision on the bike. And will book the bike tomorrow or Monday. Will reveal the secret once we book the bike. Meanwhile let's see if anyone can guess who won the fight. [;)]
I guess BAJAJ 180 took the crown

Actually buddy it's neither a Bajaj or Hero[:)]. Most probably we will book the bike today.
Here come's the twist in the tale, but you had short listed only 4 bikes in your previous post, now i am keen to know who is this Knight rider who comes in the end and beat's it's competitor.

Thread Starter #29

Here come's the twist in the tale, but you had short listed only 4 bikes in your previous post, now i am keen to know who is this Knight rider who comes in the end and beat's it's competitor.
Hahaha..Yes buddy you right and actually that list of four bikes was the TD report not the shortlisted bikes.

Anyways it's time to reveal the secret. It's the Yamaha R15 V.2.

We have booked the bike today and paid Rs. 5000 as the booking amount. And the delivery date is 5th July. We opted for the Sunset Red color. Dealer will give us a call the day bike leaves from Delhi and according to him, he might get it before 5th also. So 8 more days and she will be home.

MODS: Please update the thread name to: Suggest Replacement Options for LML Graptor: (Booked Yamaha R15 v2)

Congrat's on booking R15, what is the on-road price? are they offering any discounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom