Suggest me the Best Diesel Hatchback for long term use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #31
Members from bangalore Please help me

Members from Bangalore Please help me

Decided to go for Figo Titanium Diesel

Need your help / guidelines on purchasing the car as its my first one

1.) what are all the things to be followed and looked before / while picking the car and while booking ?

may be TAI has some guidelines for buying if you know the link please let me know

2.) which dealer is good in bangalore ?
is it metro ford or lathangi ford or cauvery ford or any new dealer

3.) what are all the accessories essential to be purchased, i listed many please do guide me

got the approx rates from metro ford
Chrome Finisher, Front Grill do we need this Approx Rs 425
Rear Wing Spoiler [looks good want to go for this] Approx Rs 4099
Gear Knob Bezel, Optimum Aluminium Finish do we need thisApprox Rs 1644
Leather Vinyl Seat Covers, Black & Coral Red [looks good want to go for this] Approx Rs 8990
Body Side Protection Moulding Kit, Premium is this mandatory Approx Rs 3049
Chrome Garnish, Fender Side Repeater Kit Approx Rs 425
14" Alloy wheels Kit, Split Silver [want to go for this] Approx Rs 14490
Front Fog Lamp kit needed especially in bangalore Approx Rs 4099
Left Hand Mirror Assembly Kit as a novice think its must for me Approx Rs 1105
Mud flaps Kit Can get it free from dealer i believe Approx Rs 508
Car Cover Can get it free from dealer i believe Approx Rs 1350
Carpet Floor mats - Black & Coral Red Can get it free from dealer i believe Approx Rs 917
Boot Mat Can get it free from dealer i believe Approx Rs 510

Decided to go for Figo Titanium Diesel
congratulation for your decision. that is wise and good choice.

with abs and good quality interiors.

what i feel is you get good steering response as in fiat cars, and very good interiors as in hyundai car ,in a vfm package. smart selection of course.

i believe it have some interesting audio system too which is not talked about much.

regarding the safety, it all depends if something has to be happen it will happen safety futures may downgrade the injury level from fatal to minor based on how you protect your self
exactly that is what intelligence is. buy a car according to ones taste and interest. just dont go behind features .when new ones come old ones becomes boring and futile.

Congratulations on your booking first!

Chrome Finisher, Front Grill- Its your wish , not needed actually!
Rear Wing Spoiler [looks good want to go for this]- You can get it outside a bit cheaper , but if you like it go for it.
Gear Knob Bezel, Optimum Aluminium Finish- Just aesthetic purpose , your wish!
Leather Vinyl Seat Covers, Black & Coral Red - For that amount you can good seat covers outside. Since you are Bangalore you have variety of options!
Body Side Protection Moulding Kit- Not mandatory but can be useful to protect your car from scratches and dents at times.
Chrome Garnish, Fender Side- Your wish!
14" Alloy wheels Kit, Split Silver- Price looks to be reasonable but can get some good designs outside too for a marginally increased budget.
Front Fog Lamp kit needed especially in bangalore- Yes get it!
Left Hand Mirror Assembly Kit as a novice think its must for me- What's this actually?

Try to get all these as freebies from the dealer.

Mud flaps Kit
Car Cover
Carpet Floor mats
Boot Mat

Thread Starter #38
Congratulations on your booking first!

Chrome Finisher, Front Grill- Its your wish , not needed actually!
Rear Wing Spoiler [looks good want to go for this]- You can get it outside a bit cheaper , but if you like it go for it.
Gear Knob Bezel, Optimum Aluminium Finish- Just aesthetic purpose , your wish!
Leather Vinyl Seat Covers, Black & Coral Red - For that amount you can good seat covers outside. Since you are Bangalore you have variety of options!
Body Side Protection Moulding Kit- Not mandatory but can be useful to protect your car from scratches and dents at times.
Chrome Garnish, Fender Side- Your wish!
14" Alloy wheels Kit, Split Silver- Price looks to be reasonable but can get some good designs outside too for a marginally increased budget.
Front Fog Lamp kit needed especially in bangalore- Yes get it!
Left Hand Mirror Assembly Kit as a novice think its must for me- What's this actually?

Try to get all these as freebies from the dealer.

Mud flaps Kit
Car Cover
Carpet Floor mats
Boot Mat

Thanks dhaya

I insisted them for 2011 model so getting it on feb first week
left the color choice to my wifey, mostly girls will choose only peculiar colors like pink i thought she will pick the green one, but here am lucky as she picked my favorite black.

* Chrome Finisher, Front Grill - comes as free by default for my titanium model
* Rear Wing Spoiler - seems outside one doesn't fits great with the figo as the size of the car is bit different
* Gear Knob Bezel, Optimum Aluminum Finish -comes as free by default for my titanium model
* Body Side Protection Molding Kit - costs 1000 so i am going for it
* 14" Alloy wheels Kit, Split Silver - thats the on line price they said but their price list now says split silver 10 spokes rs 15,000 and thats for 4 wheels no alloy for stepny, so planning to get it done from J C road or else i can get the 8 spokes alloy for 4 wheels at 14,000 from the same dealer

* Front Fog Lamp kit getting it from dealer as installing outside electrical items may spoil my warranty with the electronics
* Thats the left side RVM any way am getting that too as default with the figo titanium.

now leather seat covers are added to my list

currently altering my home gate to 4 fold type to make easy and extending the parking area to 14" Feet as Figo length is 12.450 Feet

Confirmed with the dealer Fiesta premium hatch model is hitting market before March

Last edited:
Thread Starter #39
Mud flaps Kit, Car Cover, Carpet Floor mats, Boot Mat, 3M glass sheets comes free from dealer along with 3rd year extended warranty

Thread Starter #40
Thank you all,

Mods don't close this thread till i get delivery

getting my figo on feb 7th going there with a hard copy of our "RSM's guidelines on New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)"

And the good news is today i got licensed to drive a car [clap]
amd the bad news i during the bid i lost my Saviour (Bike Helmet) some one stolen it at RTO office parking lot [cry]

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations! The day is indeed very exciting when you are ‘officially’ handed over the driving license. It will be great if you could share the experience throughout your driving lessons from a learner’s perspective in a separate thread here (Road Safety & Driving Sense). That will be an informative and interesting read for all. Please feel free to ask any questions if you have. Enjoy, and good luck for the big day. [thumbsup]

PS: Sad to know about too many thefts happening around.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats on your decision. Glad you chose it over the Swift. You can compromise on performance, but not on safety.
what if airbags did work but the car structural couldn't withstand the impact and scattered into pieces ? did anyone wondered about it before buying any car?
that is what happens when car like nano pops out with airbags -what iam pointing is the demand...people are screaming for airbags .probably you may save your face on the bag but think about below neck.!!!

even though abs is much more practicle and sensible as a safety measure.

buy cars which have solid build quality and reputed history. take time and invest wisely it may not be your life but your near and dear ones too which you dont want to compromise.

light wieght superfast rockets may make you proud for present but owning and driving it will or may raise concern sometimes..imho.
My +1 to this. I echoed this very sentiment in another forum and it didn't go well with the mods there, though the claimed to be the experts on safety. Airbags and ABS is useless if fitted in a matchbox.

Great buy MSN. Figo indeed is GREAT VFM. To tell you the truth, we (myself and car buddy) often discuss that Figo is more VFM than why people buy other cars (dont want to name any)? Performance wise also, it is not bad.

Looking forward for your ownership review.

Congratulation in advance.

Thread Starter #45
Congrats on your decision. Glad you chose it over the Swift. You can compromise on performance, but not on safety.

My +1 to this. I echoed this very sentiment in another forum and it didn't go well with the mods there, though the claimed to be the experts on safety. Airbags and ABS is useless if fitted in a matchbox.
+ 1 safety futures should be utilized wisely [how many are wearing seat belts]and driver should keep safety speed limits in mind (don't cross the limit on which you and your car are capable enough to be in control) drive defensively and always expect and be prepared for the unexpected turn from the other who drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom