Suggest me the Best Diesel Hatchback for long term use

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not check out indica vista aura + with drive tech4 you get all of the above and it is vfm too
tata is doing much much better nowadays.
No offence just an opinion.
Jayadev, i agree with you, Vista does have the advantage of spacious interior and the proven engine but i think TATA needs to work a lot to improve their A.S.S.

Jayadev, i agree with you, Vista does have the advantage of spacious interior and the proven engine but i think TATA needs to work a lot to improve their A.S.S.

Let us hope they are going to improve the a.s.s and i heard they are doing it. Thats why added "just opinion"

With my previous vista aura i had not much complaints other than those technicians dealing the funny ways. Like car is ready by morning 10am and they forget to report so i am waiting in lobby untill 12.30 pm thankfully i felt hungry and i enquired..[surprise]
Such idiotic niggles do happen in tata which is quite common.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for maruti swift. If u can wait for some months you can look out for its newer version. Its an absoluetly hassle feel car. We have it for 2 years already 50k done. Its an awesome car, but isnt safe because it doesnt have airbags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #21
thanks dhaya,

am sure if it is diesel it would be figo
but what if in case of petrol just curious to know which one is good apart from the maruti suzuki in hatchback segment

You can expect something around 13-15kmpl in city and 18-20kmpl in highways.
My swift petrol has not even done 2000kms and i am getting FE of above 12 in b2b city conditions.

So diesel cars are mainly about less cost of fuel but not much difference in fuel economy?

why not fe...try a long highway trip in diesal car and a petrol car you will know the difference.
when it comes to drive ability diesal car is just addictive due to torque and weight .

Hello All,

This is madhu from bangalore,

here is the details.

looking for a good diesel hatchback for my family, am new to car now learning on how to drive one

my budget is max 7 lakhs.

I already short listed swift and figo.

want to know some figo diesel owners feedback

am concerned about saftey hence looking at the top variant
example FIGO Titanium diesel.

am looking for back seat passenger comfort [here figo seems to be better]
in terms of performance pickup and mileage [seems swift is the best]
passenger saftey concern [figo has driver and front passenger air bags, seems thats absent in swift but it has the power windows where figo has only two power windows]

am new to here and new to cars please guide me,if you know any better hatchback that can fill my requirement please do suggest me

thanks to all in advance

Madhu
i can suggest you the following
figo
punto
swift

1) you are concerned about safety?
then give swift a miss it doesnt have airbags and if you ask for a variant and then there is a waiting period of 4 to 5 months. The SM will talk you into not buying one you dont need this in city and not good for indian conditions etc..
I gave a gyan for a maruti salesman on this and he never called back [:D]

2) within 7 lakhs with all the safety equipment then figo titanium.

3) FIAT salesman not showing interest.
Which delar you been to.
It depends on dealership and the time.
i was treated the same in concorde dairy circle, a small test drive and not intersted attitude.
i booked test drive in fiat website and visited prerana and i was treated well.
if you like to have a test drive pm i ill give you a number so that you can get a nice test drive and he is a nice chap..
Being in bangalore you dont have problem with fiat for sales and service.
so if you like punto buy it.. you wont regret

Metro ford dint even care to ask me what i needed when i went there and i had to complain to ford to get a test drive. so it all boils down to the dealer.

for punto you need to stretch another 40 thousand ...
[cheers]

you are concerned about safety?
then give swift a miss it doesnt have airbags

please fellow tai'ns ,
at least in tai let us not promote the airbags as prime safety aspect of a car.

let us be more practicle.

hope we are not in a car market, place full of sales agents.
rather i believe we have people whom have in depth knowledge about auto industry.

what if airbags did work but the car structural couldn't withstand the impact and scattered into pieces ? did anyone wondered about it before buying any car?
that is what happens when car like nano pops out with airbags -what iam pointing is the demand...people are screaming for airbags .probably you may save your face on the bag but think about below neck.!!!

even though abs is much more practicle and sensible as a safety measure.

buy cars which have solid build quality and reputed history. take time and invest wisely it may not be your life but your near and dear ones too which you dont want to compromise.

light wieght superfast rockets may make you proud for present but owning and driving it will or may raise concern sometimes..imho.

everyday a new car is launched have you ever wondered why? - due to ignorance of the masses towards safety and reliability. manufacturers are using we customers(end users) as guinea pigs to test their vehicles. if it works they have a bumper, else launch a new model with new name and dashing colours.

@ MSN1 If petrol i would suggest i10 if not considering the K-series engines. It has got amazing power and decent FE.

@ Jayadev But it all depends upon the situation and the car. Personally one of my friend escaped from major injuries when he crashed in his Octy just because of airbags. He just had very minor injuries with few cuts here and there due to broken glass.

I agree jaydev .
He was concerned about safety so i assumed he know the basics of safety.
having airbags,abs doesnt make one safe(never ever.) its the driver who makes it safe .
they are for inevitable situatious which could minimize the damage.
first comes the brain then the safety features.
i have a friend who owns i20 asta he drives on highways without seatbelts.
i have told him a hundred times that airbags popping out without seatbelts could prove fatal even in minor accidents.. he argued and finally let it go.
so it all boils down to the person.

I think figo doesnot have a crash rating yet (let me know if any).
So in that case it may not be considered safe than swift right?

i would personally recommend never trust ratings and rankings. they are hogwash.if you happen to go in depth you will meet with things called "conditions apply"...and every car have a different "conditions apply" lol..
when you read those conditions your eye balls will pop out.
imho figo is a nice choice but i do not belive in having a ford car for long term ownership is a good idea, as asked by msn1. normally ford car owners have a sour reputation. reliable sources of mine says that they show typical multi national attitude when you take your aging ford car to service centres. initially everything is welcome but when they launch new model they turn hands down.

hyundai could be a a wise choice.

Thread Starter #30
Hi All,

I was been analyzing this for almost for the past 4 months.
zeroed on Figo Titanium Diesel

loved the way punto 90 performance but the feed back from few of the owners from my locality is bad and my primary concern is Punto is almost 75K above my budget [Budget is around 7 Lakhs with all essential accessories]

any way my plan is to book it in the middle of feb long way to go and i hope new eggs are hatching more hatchbacks in the early 2011

haven't selected the Toyota Etios because i don't have enough place to park it and didn't preferred a sedan as my first car [i am not the one who spends lakhs on a car and parked it on road side, it should get accommodated in my home]

regarding the safety, it all depends if something has to be happen it will happen safety futures may downgrade the injury level from fatal to minor based on how you protect your self

i do believe going above 90 is not safer in indian roads, because most wont follow the rules even our rulers wont follow it.

i don't think their is no major changes in 2011 Swift heard it may be bigger in size slightly.

personally i didn't preferred the Hyundai i10 but i20 is way beyond my budget

Despite of all my friends and relatives advice i took suzuki GS150R bike and its almost close to an year its going fine with out any issues. i believe that will happen to my up coming car also

As ford said 80% of its components are made in India and their pricing will be par with maruti and in a city like Bangalore their wont be any issues on service.

heard from magazines that mahindra is releasing its mini xylo and one more car with in 4.5 to 6 lakhs range in 2011 first

lets wait and see whats their in stock for me on the new year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom