Suggest me SQ setup for Palio GTX

Thread Starter #1
Hi All.
I am planning to do a ICE set up in stages. My max budget is 22K only. I like sound clarity rather than Boom boom loudness. I listen to English and tamil songs. My music taste is weird. I dont like heavy at both ends. Bass should be tight but not bloated. Highs should go high but not sparkle. Vocals must be sweet with decent sound stage and airy feel. I dont like too bright forward and laid back signature. It should be slightly warm but no ear fatigue.
I know my demands are more for 23K setup but the audio gurus in this forum can able to solve my quest. Since I am not looking extreme audio quality I can choose the VFM equipments for my taste.
1. HU JBL x333 - Rs 4k (what is the signature of this HU. How is the SQ compared to other brands).
2. Component 5.25 inch or 6.5 inch between 6 ~ 6.5K budget. (It should be warm or natural sounding without harsh treble. Prefer silk dome tweeter. Voice and sound stage should be good)
3. Any 4 channel kenwood or JBL amp 5.5K
4. 6x9 ovals to compliment the front compos 4k
5. Wiring and installation 3k

how is the signature of components like Hertz, illusion, bull audio.

Regards,
Vijay

Thread Starter #2
Sorry I could not edit my post. Is ovals is needed for the setup. Mostly the rear bench is empty. Will co axial can be put in the rear than ovals? Do I loose some bass if I use co axial as I am not going to use SW. Kindly suggest me the same.

hi vijay welcome to TAI.
my advice for your system is
1. JBL X333 (4k)
2. Infinity Ref.6030 or 6530 6.5'' compos (6k)
3. kenwood 4 ch amp (5.5k)
4. Infinity Ref 6x9 ovals (4.5k)
5. wiring Scosche e400 8 gauge (1.5k)
all prices are aprox and with B/W
hope this helps.

Go for best head unit now , later on it will be helpful to upgrade.

Hope you'll be driving most of the time.

So a kenwood headunit , 7009 is the model number. another one starting with 6xxx , forgot wha number is that exactly.

Both has a price difference of approx 3k , 7009 must be 12 to 13k

a hertz energy 165 component. (8800 - with bill and warrenty , some where in forum have mentioned its available for 5700/- even my dealer price is higher than this mentioned rate.!!)

a kenwood/RF 2 channel amp (Only to power the front comps)
Later on ,this 2 channel can be used to power the sub woofer(since you are not hard boom-bass lover , this one must serve your purpose.) and a 4 channel can be fixed to power all the speaker.

Just a co-axial to support the rear. Must be a sony/jbl one , woth low signal feeding to it.

and 10g wiring for the speakers , (very normal one can be used for now in rear co ax connect)
a 4 g wiring from bat to amp , try placing amp below the front seat . though placing them at boot is not a big problem , eats up lot of power wire.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for your suggestion. I will look for all the possible options. Since I do not want too forward sound and too bright sound signature how Infinity and Hertz sounds.
How about this set up.
1. Morel maximo comps
2. Hu - Jbl X333 (Can be changed)
3. Kenwood 4 ch amp
4. Sealed enclosure 10 or 12 inch woofer for tight bass.

All this can come in 20K setup. Do I feel lack of sound coming from the rear if I am not fixing the rear ovals or coaxials

Thanks for your suggestion. I will look for all the possible options. Since I do not want too forward sound and too bright sound signature how Infinity and Hertz sounds.
How about this set up.
1. Morel maximo comps
2. Hu - Jbl X333 (Can be changed)
3. Kenwood 4 ch amp
4. Sealed enclosure 10 or 12 inch woofer for tight bass.

All this can come in 20K setup. Do I feel lack of sound coming from the rear if I am not fixing the rear ovals or coaxials
if you dont like bright sound then trust me you gonna love X333.
i am also looking for compos and i will go for Infinity they match budget 4ch amp much better because they rated 90w Rms @ 2ohms almost same of your and my jbl amp.
go for 12'' sub only.jbl cs1215 is a great VFM sub.

If you can increase your budget a little bit you could get a classy SQ setup.
headunit kenwood-446(2 preouts)-6k
front comps focal access-8.5k,helix blue-7k
skip rears
4 channel amp-focal solid 4,helix db 4-13-14k
sub-focal access-7k, infinity ref-6k
wiring,enclosure,install-6-7k
damping-if budget permits
or
headunit kenwood-446
comps helix,morel-6.5k
amp auditor-7k
sub kicker-ES-4.5k,jbl cs - 3k,auditor(with factory enclosure)-7k
wiring box labour-6-7k

Thread Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestion. ICE bug is yet to bite me but I have already bitten by HU bug [;)]. Asked my relative to get Kenwood X8016BTL from Middle East. Now I need to spend wise for the rest of the setup. I have blown more cash on HU itself.

Thanks for the suggestion. ICE bug is yet to bite me but I have already bitten by HU bug [;)]. Asked my relative to get Kenwood X8016BTL from Middle East. Now I need to spend wise for the rest of the setup. I have blown more cash on HU itself.
Prices in middle east and in india is almost same!

Only american sell products at lesser rate in website and that too with heavy discount on special days like good friday , easter , christmas , thanks giving day etc etc

Thread Starter #13
Thanks Haresh. Certainly in middle east its much cheaper. I am getting X8016BTL tomorrow. Now I need to decide on components. Which comps is good with the price range of 7k. I will be adding amp only after couple of months with rear coaxial or sw.
Now the initial budget of 22K will be surpassed easily. Atleast I need to squeeze HU+Amp+ component in that price range.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Got my 1st stage ICE done with haresh.
HU - Kenwood x8016bt
front comp - focal access

The total cost stretched me 18K and looks like it will comfortably surpass my initial budget. The SQ is just I like. Clear vocals, good music seperation, slightly forward sounding, less midbass. At present there is not much sound stage. It may improve after amping hopefully.
The next stage is decent amp with 10 or 12" sub for the tight bass.

Regards,
Vijay

Hi Vijay, Can you please tel me the price for the Kenwood 8016BT & Focal Access (with model number) purchased by you. Also, from where you got these. any clue on price of Focal SOlid 4 in DUbai & will it make any sense to purchase it here & take to India???????

Top Bottom