Suggest Me a Car for 7 - 8 Lacs

Thread Starter #17
Re: Suggest me a Car for 7-8 Lacs

Hyundai verna is not cheap in maintenance. Thta's for sure.
How can you say? it is of hyundai.. and maruti, hyundai, cars are having more cheaper 3rd party maintenance than other brands.

Last edited:
As I written in my requirement I need a car with easy and cheap maintenance that lacks in brands like ford and fiet. I am not sure about demerits of nissan sunny please help by explaining that.
Other choices are hyundai verna 1.4L and honda city corporate. Tell me what makes corporate model so cheaper than other models?
test drive honda city and hyundai verna back to back at the same time,you will come to know the difference.
as far as handling,performance,ease in drivability is concern honda city is miles ahead against its competitor,its totally fun to drive.
i suggest you to test drive each and every other vehicle in this segment before zeroing into anything.
also hyundai is famous for high maintenance & low in mileage compare to honda.

click below link to distinguish the corporate model with others.
:::Honda City- Features:::

How can you say? it is of hyundai.. and maruti, hyundai, cars are having more cheaper 3rd party maintenance than other brands.
its a myth that hyundai maintenance is cheap.i myself owning next gen i10 and i can bet you its not cheaper to maintain at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry I didn't like ford fiesta. It looks like an old car specially the design is quite old school and the milegae looks so so.

> Your Budget: Rs. 7 – 8 Lakh

> New or Used: New Car

> Your Location: Agra, Uttar Pradesh

> Top Five Priorities: Mileage, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Build Quality

> Monthly Running: About 500-1000 Kms

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: Normal City Drive and Occasional Highway Trips

> Seating Capacity: 5 Adults

> Type of Segment: Sedan
Since your basic need is highlighted above,my buddy only one car can fulfill it all and the car is HONDA CITY.Variant you can choose according to your wish and of course pocket too.

Honda City will give you the following things:
  • Fantastic FE,it can give upto 17-18 kpl overall easily.
  • Low maintenance.
  • Good styling.
  • Best in comfort department.
  • Performance-in fact class leading performance.
  • Fun to drive factor with good ride and handling.
  • And if you go for CE variant then you can add a fantastic ICE too with all the possible features.

The vehicle(CE) must cost you around 8.5-8.6 lacs if you get it registered from Uttarakhand and add a good ICE+Leather seat covers etc etc.
And will cost you around 8.8-8.9 lacs if you get it registered in Agra(Uttar Pradesh).

CORPORATE MODEL IS CHEAPER BECAUSE:
1) Complete black interiors and of course pure plastic it is.They have an advantage too-they don't get soiled easily.
2) No fabric pads etc on doors,just black plastic.
3) No ICE system.

Last edited:

+100 Vipul. Eddy,just go with Honda City for a reliable car experience with 100% peace of mind !!

350Z

Core Team
And I listen Honda is going to launch all new honda city next year, is that true?
Honda City is the safest choice here. No second thoughts about that. Honda is considering bringing CNG and Diesel versions soon. There is no concrete information on next generation model.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #22

Since your basic need is highlighted above,my buddy only one car can fulfill it all and the car is HONDA CITY.Variant you can choose according to your wish and of course pocket too.
Corporate model sounds nice to me. Personally I prefer to plug audio system of my choice like withbig touch screen and JBL speakers with fat bass sub-woofers. I think I would customise the interiors with skins of good brands. I will spend 30-40k in accessories to make more rich.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are in the market for a c segment petrol car nothing can come close to Honda City,being a Honda the spares lasts much longer in comparison with the competition and you get a top notch service.

just go for honda city,that also i would suggest the CE or E(i guess it is the variant after CE) as you you be adding all that touch display,etc,etc
also,i think that honda city will give you much better fe than the competition.(honda has not compromised on power which most companys do for good fe).Currently i Think Petrol sedan = Honda city.

Well within the given budget and petrol as an option there is nothing that beats the iVtec engine and the Honda reliability.

SO it's the Honda City that i would suggest you. Very good engine, good FE, comfort and low maintenance as well.

Dear all,

Actually I am also looking for a car with the same specifications like Eddy (budget probably upto 9 lacs). I like Honda City. But my biggest worry is ground clearance (GC). I have heard that City has low GC. I will be occasionally driving on highway (can be full of potholes in some stretches) and mostly in Kolkata city (which has some nasty road bumpers).

I have heard that in the 2012 Honda City edition, GC has been raised from 160 mm to 165 mm. Will that be enough (a mere 5 mm!) to clear these bumpers and potholes.

Will be great if you guys pl clarify.

Thread Starter #29
Thanks for the suggestion to buy honda city CE. But the point is that how is ther service charges of honda I don't think it would be cheaper than hyundai?

Top Bottom