Suggest Accessories for New Maruti Wagon-R

Hey Selvan welcome to TAI, congrats for you new ride.

Babujohnxavier, welcome to TAI buddy, have a nice stay.

So both of you need 2 din HU, better stick to Pioneer/JVC HUs

Bought used Wagon R vxi 2009 model

Dear friends,

While shopping a car for by brother, I got hold of a 30000 kms run Wagon R vxi 2009 model. Showed it to my friend from Maruti and finalized the deal for 2.44 lacs. This car will be used by my wife and dad for city runs and occasional highway trips. The history was checked and the car was serviced at dealership only.

Things planned,
1. Service- change all oils, fluids etc
2. Tires -- Need your views on perfect tire upgrade, I think this version comes with 155/65/R13. Can I go for 175/60/R13 using stock rim, no idea of stock rim size. The car is with my friend at Maruti dealership for servicing. Also which tires should I go for, Bridgestone My02, Michelins, Yokohama?
3. Good quality artificial body fit covers, which are the best?

Re: Bought used Wagon R vxi 2009 model

Congrats.Wagon R VXi is a wonderful car and it can serve you for ages.Tires are a weak link in Wagon R as the small tires cannot take the weight of the car long and it tends to wear of very easily.It is also prone to punctures.If I am not wrong VXi comes with 13 inch tyres.I would suggest you for 175/70/R14 tires.You had good taste with tires ,already ,I can see. Bridgestone will be durable but little bumpy ride while Michelins and Yokos will give you more pleasant driving.Since your usage is of city driving you can go for Bridgestone.
For Body covers,I would suggest you to go with Maruti accessories,as I had found them to be quite durable.

Dear friends,

While shopping a car for by brother, I got hold of a 30000 kms run Wagon R vxi 2009 model. Showed it to my friend from Maruti and finalized the deal for 2.44 lacs. This car will be used by my wife and dad for city runs and occasional highway trips. The history was checked and the car was serviced at dealership only.

Things planned,
1. Service- change all oils, fluids etc
2. Tires -- Need your views on perfect tire upgrade, I think this version comes with 155/65/R13. Can I go for 175/60/R13 using stock rim, no idea of stock rim size. The car is with my friend at Maruti dealership for servicing. Also which tires should I go for, Bridgestone My02, Michelins, Yokohama?
3. Good quality artificial body fit covers, which are the best?
Congrats on the car. 2.44 Lac seems to be a high price for a 5 year old WagonR, but I assume that the condition of the car is excellent. [:)]

For service, you can get a quote from MASS. The car is not much driven, in proper shape (I assume) and serviced from MASS in the past, so getting the service done from MASS would make sense. You can still check the prices at FNGs and if the difference is huge (around 50%), then you can get the car serviced from FNGs under your supervision.

For tyres, the stock size must be 145/70R13, I suppose. 175 section would be an overkill for the stock rim width and would not be safe. You have two options in the stock 13" rim size -
1. 155/65R13
2. 165/60R13
Both the tyres would be compatible with the stock rim. I suggest 155/65R13 as it has less diameter error and it is a safer choice. Many of my friends had 155/65R13 on their cars and were satisfied with the ride quality. 165 section would be the limit for the stock tyre size and 155 section is the apt choice. Yokohama, BS and Michelin are all good brands. Since your wife would be driving in city, your preference would be comfort and less road noise over grip, performance and durability. My personal preference would be Michelin, followed by Yokohama. Bridgestone would be better for durability but road noise would be on the higher side.

For cover, you can get MGA cover for ~1000 bucks. It would be of silver colour and acceptable quality. You will get similar quality cover for ~500 bucks in the aftermarket shops. If going the aftermarket route, look for the blue colour cover (deep blue). It is of better quality and would cost under 1000 bucks. Do ensure that the cover has provisions for ORVMs and Antenna to ensure a perfect fit. Also look for WagonR covers over universal fit covers.

Regards,
Nikunj

My mistake, I meant seat covers, artificial leather covers would also do.
The car comes with 155/65/R13 tires. On stock rims I guess should I go for 165/60/R13 or 175/60/R13?

Another point the car is well maintained at Maruti dealer workshop and my friend works there only, so no outside workshop for me.
The condition of car is excellent, have checked the history myself. I know price is on higher side. However after seeing cars at second hand dealers, found this the best bet.
Most of the cars I saw were with tampered meter readings. Almost all cars at dealers were from 50k kms to 75k kms, irrespective of brand. This was alarming.

Last edited:

If you are keeping the stock rims,keep it at 165.The wheel well is not so big ,so there is a chance of tire touching the sides if you go for 175, while turning.For seat covers,since you have good friends in the dealership,they will know where good covers are made for cheap.

For the seat covers, I strongly suggest aftermarket shops. At MASS, they are likely to charge ~5.5k+ for the seat covers. At accessory shops, the price would be almost 60% of this (at least in Faridabad, where seat covers for Liva start from 2300 bucks)and you can get the required fit if the installer is professional. Design-wise, I think you would find better variety at accessory shops.

For the tyres, with 155/65R13, the 165/60R13 would be the best choice. Going for 175 section would not look good (as the gap between the fender and tyre would increase) and may be unsafe for the rim width. Scraping of the tyre against the wheel arc is possible on full load. Plus, I don't think your wife would praise you for the car's macho-look with 175s! :stupid:

Regards,
Nikunj

My mistake, I meant seat covers, artificial leather covers would also do.
The car comes with 155/65/R13 tires. On stock rims I guess should I go for 165/60/R13 or 175/60/R13?

Another point the car is well maintained at Maruti dealer workshop and my friend works there only, so no outside workshop for me.
The condition of car is excellent, have checked the history myself. I know price is on higher side. However after seeing cars at second hand dealers, found this the best bet.
Congrats Amiti for your new acquisition and as you know, it won't be good without sharing pics of the car, so let's have at-least one.

This is a suitable tyre upgrade 165/60/R13 for Wagon R and there will be less difference in odometer readings too. Go for soft compound tyres(Michelin highly recommended) only if you use it in cities and rare highway trips with broken roads, else other brands can be considered.

Most of the cars I saw were with tampered meter readings. Almost all cars at dealers were from 50k kms to 75k kms, irrespective of brand. This was alarming.
Common these days with dealers because they don't find customers seeing the same car and backing away from the same seeing the odometer readings.

Congrats Amiti for your new acquisition and as you know, it won't be good without sharing pics of the car, so let's have at-least one.

This is a suitable tyre upgrade 165/60/R13 for Wagon R and there will be less difference in odometer readings too. Go for soft compound tyres(Michelin highly recommended) only if you use it in cities and rare highway trips with broken roads, else other brands can be considered.

Common these days with dealers because they don't find customers seeing the same car and backing away from the same seeing the odometer readings.
Dear all, Please find pictures of wagon r. Had been busy and lazy, hence took a long time to click and post.
Added --
1. New tires Bridgestone A290 155/65 R13. Hunting for good alloy wheels.
2. Black bumpers instead of painting old bumpers to remove scratches.

Attachments

Last edited:
Dear Friends,

I am looking for---
Good headlight bulbs, I saw few projectors, however they are way too costly @20k, so dropping idea of projectors.
Good alloys, attached are few pictures of same.

Attachments

Dear all, Please find pictures of wagon r. Had been busy and lazy, hence took a long time to click and post.
Added --
1. New tires Bridgestone A290 155/65 R13. Hunting for good alloy wheels.
2. Black bumpers instead of painting old bumpers to remove scratches.
My my, that's a real good looking Waggy that you have got and the color along with Shine as not faded at all! Good selection.

Liked the idea of black bumper as it somewhat gives the typical enthusiast maintained car!

Dear Friends,
I am looking for---
Good headlight bulbs, I saw few projectors, however they are way too costly @20k, so dropping idea of projectors.
Good alloys, attached are few pictures of same.
I suggest you have the normal 90W H bulbs with help of a relay which is sufficient.

Regarding alloys, of the first two selected, I'd personally go for the first one followed by second.

day night internal rear view mirror for wagon r lxi 2011

Hi, I am newbie in TAI, pls bear with writing skills. I am driving a used wagon r 2011 without day night irvm since 2015 Jan, I want to know is there any place where I can get it as aftermarket parts in Chandigarh and it will be kind if someone can tell me the cost.

Regards
Pankaj

Re: day night internal rear view mirror for wagon r lxi 2011

Hi, I am newbie in TAI, pls bear with writing skills. I am driving a used wagon r 2011 without day night irvm since 2015 Jan, I want to know is there any place where I can get it as aftermarket parts in Chandigarh and it will be kind if someone can tell me the cost.

Regards
Pankaj
Welcome to TAI Pankaj, you can look in Manimajra Motor Market for any kind of stuff you need. Let me know if you need any help.

Top Bottom